• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 announced. PS3 and X360

Synless

Wow, I hadn't looked too much into this game. It looks like it's shaping up nicely. Also look at that smoke and explosions, fucking amazing.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
I wonder how close will the ingame graphics be compared to the screenshots we've seen. It looks almost too pretty to be ingame.

JC1 was a fantastic looking game
as long as you didn't look at the characters

I picked up Just Cause pre-owned for cheap - the open world seemed great, the driving and stunts were good as well.

What really let it down was the gunplay and combat mechanics - really poor in that area, and made it a chore to play. I gave up and turned to other games instead.

If JC2 could improve the combat mechanics I might be interested.

RavenFox

Banned
Op whats wrong with the power of cell? It actually lives up to the name this gen. The problem is this game will be multiplatform. Unless there are big differences then your point holds true.

vegee

Banned
The first game was awesome, if not repetitive after a certain point. If you knew how to work the controls and had some luck, you could pull off some pretty impressive stunts.

Looking forward to #2.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Hello GAF

I'm off to see Eidos on Wednesday, where I'll see some Just Cause 2 and interview the guys at Avalanche. I don't think its a hands on of JC2, which is a shame.

Anyhoo, any burning questions for the developers? I might be able to sneak some AionGuard or The Hunter questions in too if you're interested.

expy

Banned
http://www.playdevil.com/news/673/more-features-for-ps3-version-of-just-cause-2/
MORE FEATURES FOR PS3 VERSION OF JUST CAUSE 2
We just got back from a 'Just Cause 2' event in London where developer Avalanche made a very special announcement regarding the PS3 version of the game.

The PS3 version will have a few more interesting features than the X360 version.

More:

- Video capture feature

- Can auto-record/record last 30 seconds of gameplay

- Manual record up to 10 minutes

- Can transfer directly to Youtube

If we receive more information about anything else related to Just Cause 2, we'll post it in our news section asap.

We'll also have a preview ready of the event/game very soon! Stay tuned for more info.

Corto

McBacon said:
Hello GAF

I'm off to see Eidos on Wednesday, where I'll see some Just Cause 2 and interview the guys at Avalanche. I don't think its a hands on of JC2, which is a shame.

Anyhoo, any burning questions for the developers? I might be able to sneak some AionGuard or The Hunter questions in too if you're interested.

Please this! Since I read the article on Edge about this game it entered directly to my radar. Do they have a publisher already or a solid prospect of one? How is the developing doing? And also, if it will be multi-plat (maybe too soon to know)?

NIGHT-

Will still get the 360 version since it will most likely run better and I could care less about the recording video aspect.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
NIGHT- said:
Will still get the 360 version since it will most likely run better and I could care less about the recording video aspect.
Well, I wouldn't pre-order yet because you have no way of knowing that until the game is out.

NIGHT-

SapientWolf said:
Well, I wouldn't pre-order yet because you have no way of knowing that until the game is out.

Well considering 99% of multiplatform games run better on 360, its a pretty safe bet. I can always cancel my order if I am wrong.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
NIGHT- said:
Well considering 99% of multiplatform games run better on 360, its a pretty safe bet. I can always cancel my order if I am wrong.
That might have been true a few years ago, but the only recent example where a performance difference is really obvious is Bayonetta.

NIGHT- said:

I have all three consoles, this is the biggest FUD to hit gaming in a very long time. There are a very few poorly done PS3 ports that is all.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
In all the videos I've seen of this game so far there has been massive, constant screen tearing (and no, it's not the video, since the interview footage with the developers was completely smooth). I really hope that will be ironed out, because it was really jarring and detracted from the otherwise great look of the game.

NIGHT-

RoadHazard said:
In all the videos I've seen of this game so far there has been massive, constant screen tearing (and no, it's not the video, since the interview footage with the developers was completely smooth). I really hope that will be ironed out, because it was really jarring and detracted from the otherwise great look of the game.

Did the first game suffer from screen tearing?

Anerythristic said:
I have all three consoles, this is the biggest FUD to hit gaming in a very long time. There are a very few poorly done PS3 ports that is all.

Call them what you want but the fact of the matter is that 95% of multi platform titles have the technical edge on the 360 over the PS3, its a pretty safe bet at this point.

SapientWolf said:
That might have been true a few years ago, but the only recent example where a performance difference is really obvious is Bayonetta.

The differences may be much smaller on the whole these days (with the odd exception) but they're still there. His statement was absolutely spot on. Of course, if you want the best technical experience then neither the PS3 and 360 should even be part of the discussion.

thuway

NIGHT- said:

OR maybe because you don't own a PS3 and are trying to justify not owning one :lol?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Corto said:
Please this! Since I read the article on Edge about this game it entered directly to my radar. Do they have a publisher already or a solid prospect of one? How is the developing doing? And also, if it will be multi-plat (maybe too soon to know)?

Dude, I think you're a bit late with the questions. ;)

brain_stew said:
Call them what you want but the fact of the matter is that 95% of multi platform titles have the technical edge on the 360 over the PS3, its a pretty safe bet at this point.

Dude, they are such miniscule differences. So many times the PS3 also has its strengths. I choose to just play many of my multiplatform games on PS3 at this point, I rarely see a difference large enough to make me care. The next multiplat game I play on my 360 will be ME2. I am sorry but I have been a multiconsole owner since Genesis/SNES so I tend to just play on the console I feel more comfortable on.

thuway said:
OR maybe because you don't own a PS3 and are trying to justify not owning one :lol?

Or maybe his statement was 100% factual and he prefers to buy the objectively superior product (no matter how small the difference)? I don't see what so controversial with claiming the 360 has an advantage in most multiplatform titles, its a well established fact at this point. Whether you care for the differences is utterly irrelevant and inconsequential, some do, and if you do, the 360 is the way to go, providing you don't have a capable PC.

thuway

NIGHT- said:
:lol JR. I don't know how long your gonna last, but tell us, what do you REALLY think?

NIGHT- said:
I do own a PS3, I just buy all multiplatform games on 360.

:lol Thanks for throwing the fanboy wrench into the mix.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
brain_stew said:

The differences may be much smaller on the whole these days (with the odd exception) but they're still there. His statement was absolutely spot on. Of course, if you want the best technical experience then neither the PS3 and 360 should even be part of the discussion.
I personally think that, given the lack of multiplayer, the record feature is going to form the bulk of the community aspects of this game. So I feel that in this case the PS3 version will likely offer the best experience, even if the tireless teams of pixel counters and screenshot analysts discover a minuscule drop in picture quality on the PS3 version.

Anerythristic said:
Dude, they are such miniscule differences. So many times the PS3 also has its strengths. I choose to just play many of my multiplatform games on PS3 at this point, I rarely see a difference large enough to make me care. The next multiplat game I play on my 360 will be ME2. I am sorry but I have been a multiconsole owner since Genesis/SNES so I tend to just play on the console I feel more comfortable on.

They are minisclue differences to you. Don't assume these things have the same weight for everybody because they absolutely do not. I can 100% understand why someone would take a version with AA over a one without it for instance, its a perfectly legitimate stance to take, I don't give two shits if its your stance or not. That's simply irrelevant to the point at hand.

SapientWolf said:
I personally think that, given the lack of multiplayer, the record feature is going to form the bulk of the community aspects of this game. So I feel that in this case the PS3 version will likely offer the best experience, even if the tireless teams of pixel counters and screenshot analysts discover a minuscule drop in picture quality on the PS3 version.

These features are really a seller in my opinion, I feel it will be the same effect that the Joker challenge maps had on Batman AA.

thuway

brain_stew said:
Or maybe his statement was 100% factual and he prefers to buy the objectively superior product (no matter how small the difference)? I don't see what so controversial with claiming the 360 has an advantage in most multiplatform titles, its a well established fact at this point. Whether you care for the differences is utterly irrelevant and inconsequential, some do, and if you do, the 360 is the way to go, providing you don't have a capable PC.

There's nothing controversial, the dude just came barging in stealth trolling the fuck out of this thread. He claims he owns a PS3, but doesn't provide a PSN ID first off.

Mentioning something as stupid as "Still buying it for 360" - doesn't seem the least bit suspect? Come on, this is GAF. He's being self-righteous for a reason.

brain_stew said:
They are minisclue differences to you. Don't assume these things have the same weight for everybody because they absolutely do not. I can 100% understand why someone would take a version with AA over a one without it for instance, its a perfectly legitimate stance to take, I don't give two shits if its your stance or not. That's simply irrelevant to the point at hand.

To be totally honest two RROD mid game are huge to me. Is that justification enough to play multiplat on my PS3?

SapientWolf said:

Again, that is a perfectly legitame stance to take as well, your priortising features that you care about over features that you don't feel affect you. The person you and others are questioning, is infact, doing exactly the same thing as you are doing, its just that he palces stuff like differences in framerate, higher up on his list of priorities.

I myself buy the majority of my multiplatform games on PC because I like the cheaper price and I love being able to tweak things. This is the stuff that matters to me, I can understand it not mattering to others but for me, personally, these things can absolutely be a deal breaker.

Anerythristic said:
To be totally honest two RROD mid game are huge to me. Is that justification enough to play multiplat on my PS3?

And again, that's a perfectly legitimate reason as well, just as better framerates, rendering resolutions and effects is. People have different priorities, that's all, it doesn't mean they're trolling a hardware, all they're doing is being a savvy consumer and buying the product that suits them better.

thuway said:
There's nothing controversial, the dude just came barging in stealth trolling the fuck out of this thread. He claims he owns a PS3, but doesn't provide a PSN ID first off.

Mentioning something as stupid as "Still buying it for 360" - doesn't seem the least bit suspect? Come on, this is GAF. He's being self-righteous for a reason.

And why in the fuck should he? You're the one jumping to conclusions, not him. The burden of proof is on you on this one. He already gave his reasoning as to why he'll choose the 360 version (it'll very likely perform better technically) and its a perfectly legitimate reason. Case closed. Fanboy accusations and paranoia can be put out of the door now, thankyou.

I've been called a Wii, 360, PS3, PC and NDS fanboy and whatever else on this forum by different people jumping to conclusions like this ffs. Now, how in the fuck can I be a fanboy for 5+ platofrms? Makes, perfect sense.

expy

Banned
thuway said:

That's exactly the first thing I checked when I read his first comment.

NIGHT-

thuway said:

PSN ID is NIGHTMARECR. Christ :lol

brain_stew said:
Boris?

Top Bottom