• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 – New Explosive Screenshots Revealed

dex3108

As far as i know those screens are extracted from PS Magazine app. I hate to ruin party but i was warned just for posting link to forum where those screens were posted.

SnoutBaron

Neo Member
Just Cause 2 still looks better than most games

Amen. Don't know how they did it but JC2 still looks amazing and runs so damn well. That draw distance as well. I have never seen a game do LoD as well as JC2.

Let's not forget the 32xCSAA. What other game besides BC2 and JC2 even offer that.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Both the PS3 and 360 version of JC2 had good performance, which was super impressive considering the scale of the game. Hopefully that carries over to the next gen

On PC, sure. The game might look like that downsampled from 4k. I question how many people are gonna be running it at 60 FPS with it looking like that, though. Not on consoles.
Looks easily obtainable at 4K @ 60fps. Nothing too impressive, just some nice global illumination, and volumetric explosions.

MaxiLive

Yay!!!! I can't wait for this. I can't see the gameplay moving on much if at all from the previous games which is amazing!

Probably won't get the best reviews due to this though as I can't see the open world following the Ubisoft meta which critics seem to love :p

Soo... did these shots erase everyone's memories of the fact that the entire game is Microtransaction based?

It isn't though.... that was a leak from an early dev build where they were messing around with the idea. The devs have said that it isn't free to play and there will be no micro transactions, there will be DLC packs like the previous games adding new weapons, vehicles and other dumb stuff!

Ramenman

YES YES YESSSS.

best game of 2015 obviously kthx.

Soo... did these shots erase everyone's memories of the fact that the entire game is Microtransaction based?

Sadly nothing will erase the fact that you now look like one of those drama dudes who complain about "this industry's problems" without actually playing games or reading about them beyond random thread titles.

I'll leave you in your own shame to find out yourself where this came from.

On PC, sure. The game might look like that downsampled from 4k. I question how many people are gonna be running it at 60 FPS with it looking like that, though. Not on consoles.

They're small compressed JPEGs, I don't see the how you can tell from those shots.

Also the Avalanche engine is very easy to run, I get about 120 fps maxed with AA.

glaurung

*looks at screens for a while

God I wish they'd make a new Mercenaries game using the newest Frostbyte engine.

JC3 is looking fab. Doesn't look like they're doing anything decidedly different though.

I want to see some real gameplay, but those screens doesn't look that much more impressive than JC2 on PC.
Chances are they are going with 'splosions, speed and map size rather than graphical details. I;d take barely updated graphics if it meant I got to blow more shit up.

Vindicator

Just Cause 2 still looks great today, especially the Water.
Avalanche will deliver on a technical level alone given their Demo-Scene background.
I'm sure the Gameplay will be fun as well.

Xando

Looking forward to this JC2 was way too much fun.

Have they said anything about the release? Probably 2016, right?

Xyber

Chances are they are going with 'splosions, speed and map size rather than graphical details. I;d take barely updated graphics if it meant I got to blow more shit up.

Oh I agree there. JC2 also still holds up pretty well on PC. I will buy anyway because the games are just so fun, but I was hoping for a little more graphically from Avalanche. JC2 looked amazing on consoles when it was released. The draw distance they pulled off was just staggering.

It's a damn shame some website totally butchered the screenshots though (unless the studio thought it was a good idea to promote their game with these shitty screens, but I doubt that).

fvng

LOL. You wish it...

but Just Cause 1 wasn't the GTA3 of its gen. Nor Just Cause 2, even if it had great graphics and freedom when it was released. JC3 will be the same.

I don't wish anything.

So you're saying no entry in the series of a game can make the same leap forward that GTA3 made?

Hasney

Holy shit, that's like Sega arcade level of blue sky pretty...

lgc7EGK.gif

Lego Boss

No, 2015.

GET HYPE.

To be honest, I'll believe this when I see it. They're saying June 2015, but will any company release AAA that close to summer?

I will be surprised to see it in 2015, especially as Mad Max was meant to drop 'April 2014'.

UNLESS we see gameplay trailers within the next few weeks.

Still, I'm all aboard the hype train for this one.

Gusy

Amen. Don't know how they did it but JC2 still looks amazing and runs so damn well. That draw distance as well. I have never seen a game do LoD as well as JC2.

Let's not forget the 32xCSAA. What other game besides BC2 and JC2 even offer that.

Agree 100%. They're wizards when it comes to LOD management. It seemed to me that they swapped polygonal vegetation with sprites in a very smooth and seamless way. It worked wonders for these types of landscapes. GTAV came close but JC2 it's on a league of it's own.

Hope they capture this magic with JC3. Looking phenomenal so far.

GHG

To be honest, I'll believe this when I see it. They're saying June 2015, but will any company release AAA that close to summer?

I will be surprised to see it in 2015, especially as Mad Max was meant to drop 'April 2014'.

UNLESS we see gameplay trailers within the next few weeks.

Still, I'm all aboard the hype train for this one.

They released JC2 in march. It doesn't matter what time of year this game releases, it will sell. Its not going for the COD/FIFA crowd.

Top Bottom