• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3(?) screenshot tweeted by Avalanche Studios founder - Reveal at E3?

BearPawB

Banned
IT IS THE SAME GUY IN BOTH PICTURES

its clearly not JC3!

But it could incorporate elements from it! That would be cool!

That can't be JC3

Looks very retro/oldish in nature

Look at the plane with 2 tails and it looks like a propeller for a blimp

Most likely it's the Mad Max game, unless JC3 is hinted of going back in time...

JC2 was awesome
yeah. looks like a Dieselpunk setting game. you can see another blimp in the distance, near his head.

MormaPope

Banned
Maybe the first screenshot also showed JC3?

Possible, but these aesthetics don't match Just Cause 2's color pallet at all. There was definitely desert environments in Just Cause 2, but they didn't look really washed out or dusty like in both those shots.

And like I said earlier, they have to ship the game close to when the movie is released, makes no sense to give Just Cause 3 exposure before the Mad Max game.

Possible, but these aesthetics don't match Just Cause 2's color pallet at all. There was definitely desert environments in Just Cause 2, but they didn't look really washed out or dusty like in both those shots.

And like I said earlier, they have to ship the game close to when the movie is released, makes no sense to give Just Cause 3 exposure before the Mad Max game.

they're are just troll screens and probably not representative of the game.

iNvid02

panau islands - the virtual playground

tumblr_lmhazn20HS1qzv7c2.gif

ezekial45

Banned
The Panau Islands were a perfect setting. It had snowy mountains, deserts, jungles, and massive urban locations. I don't how they could something more diverse and complex. I'd be amazed if they did.

Would the creative director from god of war 2 still be working on this? Corey Barlog? I'm onboard, god of war 2 was perfectly realized.

Persona86

Banned
If it's the Mad Max game yeah. Mad Max takes place after the apocalypse in a desert, washed out and dusty coloring makes perfect sense.

His clothes don't even have colour, it's a filter of sort, not sure why, but I'm better the actual game has a lot more colour.

Looks like the Mad Max game.

Just Cause 3 is next gen only while Mad Max is cross gen. Pic doesn't look very next-geny to me.

UrbanRats

The character model looks like shit for what i expect from a Next Gen Just Cause, so i'm going to assume it's from the Mad Max game, which is supposed to be cross platform.

MormaPope

Banned
To make it look like a leak and get rumors/discussion started. Mission success.

This discussion started because a Avalanche higher up posted a screenshot from a game they're developing, the previous leak only confirms that it's probably the Mad Max game.

Hoo-doo

Banned
People saying the pictures have an "oldish" feel to them? That's simply instagram for you, and has nothing to do with the actual screenshot.

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
Just Cause 2 caught me off guard on how amazing it was. Picked it up for less than $3 during a steam sale. It sat in my backlog for months untouched. Finally got around to playing it a few weeks ago and I was hooked.

It was exactly the kind of gaming experience I was looking for. There's this sense of tranquillity amidst blowing shit up. Really enjoyed hunting down all the weapon and vehicle parts. Slinging building to building like spiderman was awesome too.

Just Cause 3 will be a day 1 purchase!

UrbanRats

People saying the pictures have an "oldish" feel to them? That's simply instagram for you, and has nothing to do with the actual screenshot.
The character also look "oldish" as in: this gen.
Either set it inland far away from any body of water or let me grapple water... your choice Avalanche.
I know what you mean, ugh.
Having to swim back to shore was painful.

Were you around for this story?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...under-leaks-first-possible-mad-max-image.aspx

This screenshot was rumored to be from the Mad Max game, same character model as in the OP.

The Mad Max part comes from Game Informer's speculation, not from the rumor itself. Look at the source:
https://twitter.com/CHSundberg/status/301727892931489792
Nowhere does it say what game it's from, nor does it drop any hints. It's just "Hey, here's a teaser from an awesome game that we're working on!"

GI remembered the previous rumors that Avalanche was working on a Mad Max game, and made the assumption that this was related to that. Heck, the GI article itself concedes that it's just as likely that the screenshot could be from JC3.

Top Bottom