• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3(?) screenshot tweeted by Avalanche Studios founder - Reveal at E3?

Derrick01

Banned
I'm in if they make the content worth a damn. The crazy open world stuff is nice but why bother making missions or side activities if they're as pointless as they were in JC2? May as well just give me a giant sandbox.

Persona86

Banned
I'm in if they make the content worth a damn. The crazy open world stuff is nice but why bother making missions or side activities if they're as pointless as they were in JC2? May as well just give me a giant sandbox.

True, give us worthwhile missions and fun mini games/activities.

Also the biggest problem with Skyrim, so much potential down the drain.

MormaPope

Banned
Did you read the story?

The Mad Max part comes from Game Informer's theorizing, not from the rumor itself. Look at the source:
https://twitter.com/CHSundberg/status/301727892931489792
Nowhere does it say what game it's from, nor does it drop any hints. It's just "Hey, here's a teaser from an awesome game that we're working on!"

GI remembered the previous rumors that Avalanche was working on a Mad Max game, and made the assumption that this was related to that. Heck, the GI article itself concedes that it's just as likely that the screenshot could be from JC3.

From the Avalanche wiki:
As of May 28, 2012, Avalanche Studios is working on three unnamed projects. One, internally called "Project Mamba," is a "groundbreaking" open-world action game being co-developed with Square Enix, possibly similar to the Just Cause franchise, and the other two are based on movie and comic book franchises.

There's no proof for it either being Just cause 3 or Mad Max, but there's definitely enough information to take an educated guess.

Oh yesh. The pick looks a lot like the bottom of the Mile High Club from JC2. So if nothing else, JC3 will have more comically absurd blimp-hotels.

Give me all the copies of Just Cause 3

mayweather-money.gif

JC2 was the best action game of this generation.

Derrick01

Banned
True, give us worthwhile missions and fun mini games/activities.

Also the biggest problem with Skyrim, so much potential down the drain.

Yeah and if you're trying to do the trophies then the game just becomes a giant chore because you have to get 50% and 75% completion for trophies, and in order to get that much you have to do so much of the chore side content and clearing like 150 areas. It really exposes just how many problems the game has outside of the wow factor of the random stuff like jumping off of fighter jets or whatever.

sunnz

No doubt it's Just cause 3.

The character model looks...weird ( ps2 level)

I hope for JC3, while keeping the scale, they make the experience a lot more detailed ( from the maps, story and better car/plane/heli physics)

Excellent! I loved JC2!

Can anyone give some insight on how they achieved such massive draw distances without a significant performance hit? It was truly awesome.

cacildo

Give me all the copies of Just Cause 3

mayweather-money.gif

JC2 was the best action game of this generation.

Just Cause 2 is so good it really impresses me that people dont talk about it all the time.

It was one of the first PS3 games i got. I though all PS3 games were just as good, but no, most of em were just terrible.

The Panau Islands were a perfect setting. It had snowy mountains, deserts, jungles, and massive urban locations. I don't how they could something more diverse and complex. I'd be amazed if they did.
They could add stuff to do underground and underwater. Playing JC2 I always thought it would be awesome if the Pell Silverbolt (one-man jet) could dive into the water and keep going as a submarine. But they'd have to give you interesting stuff to look at down there.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Just Cause 3 is coming out in June 2015. There's no way Avalanche would reveal a game two years before it is supposed to come out.

This has to be Mad Max.

Wasp14

Hopefully it's more fun than the second one, I got tired of that after the demo.

I hated the demo and almost didn't buy the game because of it. It wasn't until after seeing some Youtube videos that my opinion instantly changed. I ended up buying the game and having hours upon of hours of fun with it. Count me in as another person excited for JC3.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I wanted to like JC2 so much but the firefights just weren't that fun. Multiplayer would have solved that problem.

Can't see why Mad Max would involve an Afrika Korps motorbike and sidecar, I'm going for alternate history or Rocketeer vibe where you can paraclimb up to the secret nazi moon base.
Weren't they also making a 3rd comic book licenced game? Could be that.

Nokterian

IN..MY...VEINS..DAY ONE!! Oh yes,played to mutch on PC. Still playing it from time to time. Just doing chaos never finished the main mission. Also grappling hook is the best thing ever in a game. Using that good BOLO Mod made everything more beautiful.

Top Bottom