• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3(?) screenshot tweeted by Avalanche Studios founder - Reveal at E3?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Can someone rehost it on imgur, that's one of the only img hosters that aren't blocked for me at work.

Can't wait, one of the more entertaining games of this gen if you have an ounce of imagination to make your own fun :)

I miss the grappleshute in every other open world game.

Dear avalanche: please do fix the input lag, it is not okay.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Can someone rehost it on imgur, that's one of the only img hosters that aren't blocked for me at work.

3I45jwJ.jpg

Please be Mad Max!

Pigkiller: [sees that Max has discovered Blaster's weakness] Mr., who are ya?
Max: No-one
Pigkiller: What's your name?
Max: Nobody.
Pigkiller: No Mr., I can feel it! The dice are rollin'!

Good catch, Graphics.

What does it tell us though? A Mad Max game seems more likely but it could just as easily be a Just Cause set in the past/a country that still uses 1940's tech.

The landscape in both images points towards a wasteland/desert area and that's pretty much synonymous with Mad Max. It's also probably no coincidence that there's a new Mad Max movie due out at some point this/next year.

Yeah the desert fits but I'm not sure if anything else does. If the official Fury Road pic had him wearing rolled up sleeves and black gloves I'd be more cautious.

Just Cause has desert areas so I'm not sure how much to read from that, they're pretty ambiguous pictures but look a good fit for Just Cause in another era. Or one with time travel if they really wanted, the story is silly enough. I'm interested in what that thing on his back is supposed to be.

What if JC3 is a prequel set in the 1940's or 50's? That'd be wild.

Indeed.

This might be my confirmation bias kicking in, but look what I saw when I googled WWII Just Cause 3.

Eidos Forum Moderator said:
Default Theme for Just Cause 3?
I know it is a long way off but what would you like to see as a theme for Just Cause 3?

A continuation of a group of islands?
Farther inland for a larger landmass like the Midwestern US, Central Europe or Asia?
A prequel WWII theme with different characters?
A future "other world space" theme?
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=108220

Top Bottom