• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got an email about God of War (and about future collection titles)

LegoDad

got the email as well, pretty much gave them the same list. Didn't think it was going to be a good survey until right at the end, when they threw that in.

Burnout ULTIMATE collection (please)
Z.O.E. collection
Fatal Frame collection
Silent Scope collection

EDIT- Timesplitters collection

Mikey Jr.

Wow, this thread reminded me how many trilogies there were on the PS2.

Anyways, I pretty much entered that list that I posted. Didn't want to bog them down with TOO much.

Greyvvolf

I just checked my email and got it too. The MGS series in HD with trophies included would be a must buy for me, even though I have MGS: The Essential Collection and bought each game when they first came out. A lot of good ideas in here though, like the Persona and ZOE games.

I second the Burnout games. They looked and performed damn fine on the PS2, I can only imagine how they'd be on PS3.

And Team Ico Collection too, I suppose.

Yoboman

Jak 1 - 3 could be good, but I imagine that would be really difficult to port

Team ICO of course number 1 choice

-viper-

Banned
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3

All 720p fixed framerates.

And, the ICO Collection of course.

And, Jak collection. I have never played the Jak series, so I would love to do so on the PS3.

jiggle

why did it take them so long to ask this :/
for some reason sony stopped sending me emails but oh well

would totally double dip on these
FF X,X-3,XII
Dragon Quest VIII + V
KH I, II, CoM
Suikoden III, IV, V
Xenosaga I,I.5, III
Tales of Symphonia, Abyss
edit: Dark Cloud 1, 2 Rogue Galaxy

autobzooty said:
I wonder what this means for PS2 software emulation...

final nail to that coffin

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Sony owned IPs or 3rd Party IPs?

If Sony: Dark Cloud 1 and Dark Cloud 2
If 3rd Party: KH1 and KH2

epmode

Not a single mention of SSX? I'd replay all three.

And as long as we're dreaming, I'd like the Burnout series too!

Baha

I support a lot of the responses above but people please don't forget Fatal Frame 1-3!!!. I would so totally buy that if they bundled all 3 games on 1 disc.

EDIT: ^that too.

MGS FUCKING COLLECTION GOD DO IT

that is all.. oh, and dont think about including MGS4 in any way. Even as a bonus. I dont want to ruin my re-experience. Just fuck it off to hell.

SHADOW HEART COLLECTION

YAKUZA COLLECTION

DEVIL MAY CRY COLLECTION

LEVEL 5 COLLECTION ( Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2 & Rogue Galaxy )

PERSONA COLLECTION

do it

DO EEEEET

Baha

Oh and if I may suggest one more thing, I am copying as many ideas posted here into that box they've provided. The more collections we give them the better right?

[edit].Hack//GU 1-3 with japanese audio would rock my shit.

Keep in mind that they would never consider something that wasn't at least successful the first time.

My picks

MGS2+MGS3 Subsistence (hard as hell to find Subsistence in PAL land)
Devil May Cry 1 + 3 :D

Got the same E-mail. These were the collections I requested in this order:

1. Team Ico collection
2. MGS collection
3. Jak collection
4. Sly Collection
5. GTA (PS2 games only) collection
6. Kingdom Hearts Collection
7. Final Fantasy (PS2 games only) collection
8. Tekken (PS2 games only) collection

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Withnail said:
A lot of the suggestions in this thread are not even Sony games. Sly Cooper is a good call though, besides the obvious Ico/SOTC.
Yeah I'm not quite sure what's going on here.

Mikey Jr.

shagg_187 said:
WTF guys? Link to survey? It's a damn survey! You didn't sign any NDA or anything for it.

I checked with my friend, each link is linked to an individual count. My friend shared the link, and this is what he got.

"You have already responded to this survey. If you have questions, please reply to the e-mail that invited you to take this survey or to the website link that brought you to this survey. Please note that VantagePoint invitation URLs are unique to the user who received the e-mail. If the invitation was forwarded to you by another recipient, you may not be able to take the survey. "

MGS Collection
Tony Hawk Pro-skater Collection
Tomba Collection
GTA Collection
Kingdom Hearts

So far, that is all I can think of.

Mikey Jr. said:
I checked with my friend, each link is linked to an individual count. My friend shared the link, and this is what he got.

"You have already responded to this survey. If you have questions, please reply to the e-mail that invited you to take this survey or to the website link that brought you to this survey. Please note that VantagePoint invitation URLs are unique to the user who received the e-mail. If the invitation was forwarded to you by another recipient, you may not be able to take the survey. "

Screenshots would do wonder! I always get links to these surveys but I have yet to get mine. Hype = something we can see! ;)

Withnail said:
A lot of the suggestions in this thread are not even Sony games.
I don't get why other companies wouldn't want to resell games they've already made on a different console. Sounds like free money if done properly. Sony should ask around.

Elios83

Don't know what's the purpose of writing our wish lists here, we should find a way to send them to Sony but here's mine nevertheless :D

Ico/SotC
ZOE2
Metal Gear Solid 2-3
Devil May Cry
Final Fantasy X-XII
Dragon Quest 8

But I could also throw in Kingdom Hearts 1-2, a few survival horrors like SH2-3, RE4, Fatal Frame1-2. And it woud be nice to see Onimusha 1/2 with native HD backgrounds (they should re-render them in HD).

T'Zariah

Banned
You know what? They should make an entire suddivision dedicated to making sure classic games don't get lost into rarity. Call it SCEC (Sony Computer Entertainment Classic) Make up 50-80 man team to clean up, fix bugs, and upscale the game to 1080p 60FPS.

Mikey Jr.

shagg_187 said:
Screenshots would do wonder! I always get links to these surveys but I have yet to get mine. Hype = something we can see! ;)

Lol, I'm not lieing. Sadly, I can't get back to the original survey because I get that message, but here is a screenshot of the email.

11j3qrq.jpg

Foliorum Viridum said:
Sly Racoon please.

Never played them, and even second hand buying all three for PS2 now would cost me more than a brand new game. Not sure I want to do that.

#3 already had 3D functionality, that would tie in nice with the upcoming PS3 update. :D

Yeah, that would be a great collection, but I really would wish some of the voice work for #2 was changed. Not Mr. Greasy Sweet of course, but I remember Murray's being pretty bad, and Carmelita's was ear-splittingly awful.

"You're doin' it Cooper!" (Sly 2 Final Boss spoiler, FYI.)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
TheSeks said:
MGS3 only.

Fuck MGS2.

Agreed. MGS2 is already an extremely polished game that still looks superb to this day. MGS3 is the one that's in dire need of a makeover. Subsistence's new camera gave the player a fine look into how ugly that game really was, despite the excellent level of detail. 30 FPS only exacerbated that fact, unfortunately.

Yoboman

Question: if Konami were to make an MGS collection, could they use the assets from Twin Snakes for MGS1?

Ico/SOTC collection is the only one I really care about, since they could fix Ico's sub-480i resolution and SOTC's unfortunate framerate. Most top-tier PS2 games look pretty damn good to me today on an HDTV upscaled by my 60GB PS3.

I can't really enjoy this :(

In principle the treatment is nice but I own and played most major/interesting(for me) franchises with 2+ titles released on the PS2.
I don't like buying games twice and most of all I already have not enough time for all the current games, so I can't be bothered playing a (several times) finished game again.
If I want to I could still play them anytime.

At the moment I could only think of ZoE because I didn't play the sequel.
But I'll screen this thread in case I forgot about some franchises.

Top Bottom