• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got an email about God of War (and about future collection titles)

gokieks

I know we'd all love to let our dreams go wild on this, but do people seriously expect, realistically, for this to happen with 3rd party games? Especially ones that were also multi-platform releases - Sands of Time trilogy, for example?

The success of these collections are far from guaranteed, and depending on the titles in question, probably involves a non-trivial amount of work/expense. Unless Sony is offering to handle the porting process (and still only retain a share of any possible profits), it seems like there would be few good business reasons to release the collection for PS3 only... or even for the PS3 at all.

What it comes down to is that in my opinion, the only circumstance in which doing a collection makes sense for all parties involved is with Sony's first-party developed works. As such, as much as I'd love to have a Z.O.E collection, my expectations are tempered and I would be more than happy to live with just a Team ICO collection.

Sacha

Team ICO Collection would be neat, but I would so love a Drakengard Collection. Even if I know it'll never happen. :(

Mikey Jr. said:
Lol, I'm not lieing. Sadly, I can't get back to the original survey because I get that message, but here is a screenshot of the email.

http://i50.tinypic.com/11j3qrq.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

lol I never said you're lying. I would love to see the exact questions they asked though.

That said, Kotaku has the screen:

[IMG]http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/05/500x_survey.jpg

So I guess you enter the titles and it's not a checkbox.

Lyonaz

Clover Studio Collection
Team Ico Collection
Jak & Daxter Collection
Metal Gear Solid Collection
SMT Collection
ZOE Collection
Ace Combat Collection
Onimusha Collection

Way too many choices!

Top Bottom