• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League - Official Trailer 1

Should Superman eventually appear in the trailers?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think this will be the first billion dollar DCEU movie?

Depends on the reception. If it's as toxic as it was for BvS, I could see it doing the same numbers at the box-office or even slightly below. If it's good or at least vaguely positive, yeah, maybe a billion. But it's not a sure thing at all at this point.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just watched the trailer, wow, that looked dull as fuck :(

They've managed to make a Justice League trailer that doesn't excite me. Cyborg looks TERRIBLE, and I hate the CGI for Flash when he's running.

Batman & Aquaman looked cool at least

Anung

Un Rama
KsgQWfp.jpg

Wait a second,

That's totally not Gal

I knew it wasn't her because the stunt women actually has a butt.

Surfinn

Just watched the trailer, wow, that looked dull as fuck :(

They've managed to make a Justice League trailer that doesn't excite me. Cyborg looks TERRIBLE, and I hate the CGI for Flash when he's running.

Batman & Aquaman looked cool at least
I thought Cyborg looked especially bad.

Yeah, where you compared Snyder to Bay.

I'm gonna think you're not actually being serious and are taking the piss out of DC fans.

Otherwise you've shit taste, or Snyder ran over your cat or some shit.

Whoa. I think you're taking this a little personally.

I'm absolutely being serious with my mild critiques of Snyder. And I don't see how comparing Snyder and Bay's unique aesthetic approaches to blockbusters is some knife in the back to "DC fans" either, especially when I didn't frame it in an expressly negative manner.

wow cyborg looks awful.

Flash and Aquaman looks like they can be fun.

In for more Batfleck.

ive learned not to trust DC trailers though so have low expectations

SpaceWolf

Banned
What. That was a great scene.

It obviously comes down to subjectivity....but in my opinion, it's just not the kind of line that would come out of Bruce Wayne's mouth. It just feels really out of character.

It's clear that the studio are trying to strike a funnier, more lighthearted tone with this film...but the "comedy" bits just feel oddly forced to me, especially in consideration of the fact that they continue to light and shoot these movies like gritty, shadowy horror movies. Much like with Suicide Squad and Batman V Superman, it feels like so many elements in this film are working against each other. There's no internal consistency.

Ponn

Banned
People should know how this shit works by now. Superman is going to show up in the last maybe 1/3rd or 1/4th of the film as some big hype save reveal. Finding ways to remove Superman from the picture helps team up stories because otherwise Superman breaks the story. Flash is similar but since this is the DCEU and he hasn't quite been established yet we can ignore the whole "Because Speed Force" shenanigans for the moment.

Trailer got my hyped though, I still believe DC!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
An evil villain has stolen all the color from the world and it's up to Rainbow Bright The Justice League to bring color back to the world!

BTM

Looking pretty good. Flash and Aquaman gonna steal the show. As one of the few on here who enjoyed BvS, I've got pretty high hopes for this.

gamz

Whoa. I think you're taking this a little personally.

I'm absolutely being serious with my mild critiques of Snyder. And I don't see how comparing Snyder and Bay's unique aesthetic approaches to blockbusters is some knife in the back to "DC fans" either, especially when I didn't frame it in an expressly negative manner.

It shouldn't be and a solid comparison. You know a Snyder and Bay film immediately from the first frame of a movie, and that's a compliment.

Depends on the reception. If it's as toxic as it was for BvS, I could see it doing the same numbers at the box-office or even slightly below. If it's good or at least vaguely positive, yeah, maybe a billion. But it's not a sure thing at all at this point.
And that's the craziest thing about all this

Were not sure the first live action justice league movie will make a billion

The fuck?

Logan is a ridiculously good movie (with actual charcters, no less) but the CGI in that Mexico limo chase is goddamn laughable.

Snyder has the best eye for style, that's just a goddamn empirical fact.

He's like John Woo or some shit.

Makes everything else look amateur hour.

Comparing him to John Woo? You people have lost your minds.
Otherwise you've shit taste, or Snyder ran over your cat or some shit.
This dude needs to calm down.

Alienous

?

What does Marvel have to do with JL? Geezuz, y'all..some folks just wanna see the sun. No need to go versus on EVERYTHING.

They're both based on comic book properties? Both dealing with the problem of translating a comic book universe to film?

It's not a matter of 'versus'. Marvel mutes the colours of the costumes - high contrast colours don't seem to be as viable in movies. Warner Bros. muting the colours of the costumes isn't a uniquely DC decision.

What else would I compare DC's efforts to? A romantic comedy?

SpaceWolf

Banned
Everytime I see a second of footage of Cyborg my only reaction is "why?"

Conversely, my response is always "Why not Martian Manhunter?"

And then people always respond with posting that David Goyer interview where the guy ripped the character apart for being too silly and I die a little inside.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Excited to see Cyborg finally in a movie, and i really like wonder woman

That batman line was cringey though. Its like a meme thats been around for decades in a movie

Also ffs add some fucking colour to a film.

kevin1025

Banned
It certainly looks nice visually. Not super feeling the trailer, though I hope everyone gets a great Justice League movie and it rights the DC ship some (as does Wonder Woman). I'll be waiting a little before seeing it, BvS was a tough one to sit through, for me.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Even if it's good?

I have absolutely no hope in that happening. If it turned out to be better than Man of Steel or Batman V Superman perhaps, but I don't believe it'll legitimately turn out to be a good film, that'll get consistently good reviews.

I'll be happy to be proved wrong however.

Conversely, my response is always "Why not Martian Manhunter?"

And then people always respond with posting that David Goyer interview where the guy ripped the character apart for being too silly and I die a little inside.
I remember Goyer saying some shit about She-Hulk too.

Dude's got it in for green people.

Saya

Cyborg needs work. Aquaman seems to be a lot of fun. I'll probably be disappointed by the final movie my ass surely will be in a seat to watch this on day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom