• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just listened to Pink Tape and it has a legit shot at AotY. Utterly fantastic.

Conceptor

aaaaa :>

DXPSlJF.jpg

giri

It's always OC's thread. He previewed the new one he's working on his justin.tv stream. I think he hoped we could push the thread over 20K yesterday lol.

Already put my order in at soompi for the f(x) pink tape.

yeah, SHINee from SM did a soompi signed package so there's a decent chance f(x) may do it as well, so it may be best to just wait.

K0X6yKb.jpg

Lol I remember when IGAB released and everyone was on my ass for saying that I liked IGAB despite it's quirkiness. I still do so suck it haters haha.

And you're right about Snapshot. I gave it a second listen after you mentioned and it's definitely a good track, will listen to it more.

Lol. I think his problem is that he thinks that GAF is lawless and nobody really pays attention to what goes on here. But that Gametrailers documentary pretty much blows that claim out of the water. OT might be a different game than Gaming side, but it doesn't mean nobody's paying attention to us here.

I know EatChildren loves his Jisook, I kinda wonder if there are other mods who watch this thread haha.

Thank god for payday.. I'll definitely monitor Soompi within the next few days for this lol.

Soompi USUALLY release their special signed ed's on monday. But they've veered away from that lately.

And they aren't even usually necessarily all that close to the release date of the actual album.

But i'll let you all know after i purchase one, when it goes up.

Hopefully they'll get 500 signed copies for this, like they have been doing for others recently, and not just 200. I think 200 would sell out within the hour.

giri

Well, to put it in perspective, they put up a re-release of the signed Miss-A Touch album, but only 50 copies. Sold out in under 30 minutes.

So who knows.

That wasn't the first time they've run a signed version of that album though, and i think it had more to do with Jia's Shirt that was with the other edition of the album.

ramyeon

I can see myself having Airplane on repeat for a very long time.

Actually, probably not. I don't think I could put any of these songs on repeat individually. I'd feel like I'm missing out on the rest of the album. Better just put the whole thing on repeat.

Peru

First listen suggests the Pink Tape album does what all the singles have done so far, work with the group's unique flavour as a foundation for a FRESH and COOL result.

Pendulum

arrrghhh wake up, getting ready for work, both f(x) and BEG album drops which I haven't listened to yet, T-ara announces a comeback, and the thread has like 1.6 pages left. How many sick days do I have left?

tumblr_mqnwi66dub1qdcel5o2_250.gif
tumblr_mqnwi66dub1qdcel5o3_250.gif

tumblr_mqnwi66dub1qdcel5o4_250.gif
tumblr_mqnwi66dub1qdcel5o5_250.gif

tumblr_mqnwi66dub1qdcel5o6_250.gif
tumblr_mqnwi66dub1qdcel5o1_250.gif

giri

arrrghhh wake up, getting ready for work, both f(x) and BEG album drops which I haven't listened to yet, T-ara announces a comeback, and the thread has like 1.6 pages left. How many sick days do I have left?

Dunno about you, but i have 104 sickdays left.

Seriously.

Okay, I finally caught up (again). Glad I took the effort of going through all the posts I missed, so much good music to listen to at the moment. Both f(x)'s and BEG's albums seem amazing after one listen. Gonna listen to them both at work tonight. Anyway, my body is finally read for OT5. Make yourself useful oc!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnku4o3tRB4

f(x) music video for 첫 사랑니 (Rum Pum Pum Pum)! Wasn't expecting it this early!

Song is great, the music video is, well, SM.
Great song from f(x) (as expected). But Electric Shock was much better, not too mention several of the songs on the album. Still, I am satisfied, at least as far as the song is concerned. MV sucks, and they ruined Krystals hair...

Victoria > Luna > Krystal > Roast beef > Ambro

This song is amazing. Better than both Recipe and RPPP. Gonna have to root for BEG in the music shows (serious business).

These are fucking fantastic, thanks for posting them. Amazing covers, though the guy does kind of ruin Because of You for me.. Wish we would see more covers by Ara and Raina.

Another great song from AoA. But it pisses me of that this is just another case of a useless sub unit. OC is the only sub unit that is done right.

Odd eye - Follow me (performance ver.)

I want them in music shows, their performances look so cool.

Fantastic. Definitely my favorite rookies of 2013. Sucks that they do not get to play at any of the weekly shows.

Japanese MVs that should have never been released: Oh

What the fuck? While the Japanese version is slightly inferior to the original, the mv is fantastic. The perfect sequel to the original mv, which is what hooked me to kpop in the first place.

Speaking of SM, do we know if Soshi's comeback special at the beginning of this year was all lipsynched? I don't ever remember somebody mentioning it, so dunno how this could be relevant to the discussion but maybe someone who knows more can chime in haha.

Oh!, Gee, Genie, The Boys, RDR, IGAB, Mr. Taxi, Call Me Maybe (Tiffany solo performance) and Seohyuns solo performance are all live as far as I can tell. Though Sunny does seem to be lip syncing half the time for some reason. I believe Promise is live too, but I'll leave the final judgement to someone like Dice or something. Those are the only performances I watch from Romantic Fantasy so I can't comment on the rest.

giri

Oh!, Gee, Genie, The Boys, RDR, IGAB, Mr. Taxi, Call Me Maybe (Tiffany solo performance) and Seohyuns solo performance are all live as far as I can tell. Though Sunny does seem to be lip syncing half the time for some reason. I believe Promise is live too, but I'll leave the final judgement to someone like Dice or something. Those are the only performances I watch from Romantic Fantasy so I can't comment on the rest.

Uhhh, i don't believe thats right at all.

Soshi regularly perform to pre-recorded music.

Pendulum

T-ARA with DAVICHI feat SKULL "비키니" Teaser 1

------

f(x) is currently ruling the real-time charts with their latest album, 'Pink Tape'.

The title track from their 2nd album "Rum Pum Pum Pum" has taken over the #1 spot in all 9 of Korea's major charts, including Melon, Mnet, Bugs, Soribada, Olleh, Naver, Daum, Monkey3, and Cyworld.

Of course, some of the girls other songs are also charting well including, "Shadow" and "Goodbye Summer".

roaSone

(Hat down) Pink Tape is the most amazing fkn' album of this year with large marge. Great job f(x) ladies! All songs minor Goodbye Summer are amajjang!

roaSone

Funnily enough for EXO fans Goodbye Summer may as well be the only song on the album lol.
That's pretty sad though even if myself I like EXO, the fandom is just too extreme.
It's just that Goodbye Summer just doesn't fit the whole concept of weirdness/crazyness/originality/freshness of this album.

I repeat it again, most amazing album of 2013.

ramyeon

That's pretty sad though even if myself I like EXO, the fandom is just too extreme.
It's just that Goodbye Summer just doesn't fit the whole concept of weirdness/crazyness/originality/freshness of this album.

I repeat it again, most amazing album of 2013.
Yeah they're delusional. There's a heap of them going around saying it's the best song on the album and how touched they were by his voice.
Sticks out like a sore thumb imo, but not to the point where I need to skip it so it's all good.

Best kpop idol album of 2013, can't give it more than that myself. But as far as pure enjoyment from an album goes, it's definitely up there.

I wish SM would give Soshi a cohesive (Korean) album like this, one that you can listen to from start to finish without skipping tracks.

Pendulum

Throwing my work aside, I got around to listening to f(x)'s and BEG's new albums and am very pleased indeed.

Pink Tape, as Dice said, is a straight up Idol AotY contender. Fuck it, I'll call it now. It is the Idol AotY. No one will be better. It's wonderfully diverse without feeling forced or over-engineered, and provides possible singles (comparing to the comebacks we've had this year) from start to finish with few exceptions. It's an album I see myself wanting to listen through its entirety repeatedly, and not chopping a few songs out to throw into my K-Pop playlist. Shadow is the highlight on this album, RRRP is a solid comeback song, but I am also really loving Airplane, Pretty Girl, and Snapshot.

Black Box is also a great album through and through, even though BEG doesn't stray too far from what they know. But hey, they do it well. Album is really smooth, a head-bobber, and I would never be embarrassed blasting the full album out of my open windows on a hot Summer evening (so many other K-Pop idol albums have me rushing for the skip button at certain songs). Recipe is the comeback that should have been, but Kill Bill is a good listen. Lie and Satisfaction also stand out to me right now.

Pity both these great albums are being released in the same week, as there were plenty of previous weeks where BEG deserved to be getting all-kills.

ryan-ts

Black Box as a whole disappoints for me. There's definitely something missing and it feels a bit soulless. Kill Bill and Recipe stand out as FANTASTIC tracks, but all the other songs just seem to blend into background noise to me. There's a definite lack of variety in the sound of the album and I really think this is something BEG has struggled with since Abracadabra. As far as complete album experiences go, they haven't really topped Your Story or Miss Kim for me.

The first six tracks of Sound G are good enough that I never really cared about lack of variety, I agree it doesn't feel like a complete album though. Miss Kim and Your Story are definitely the two best in terms of being complete albums but Miss Kim is lacking a bit in quality and Your Story has some songs that sound pretty outdated. If I'm just listening to BEG, most of the time I just pick out some of my favourite tracks and put them on shuffle.

V_Arnold

It is pretty rare for any group or artist to put out full albums that do not contain at least 3-4 songs that are not up the quality of the others. The very few exceptions I can think of come from the world where the sound style itself is quite fixed (some past Younger Brother, Shpongle, Delerium albums, maybe one or two Depeche Mode classics, etc), and therefore it is not a big surprise to me that the new BEG album contains some "bad apples" as well.

Kill Bill and Satisfaction, and ofc Recipe makes it all worth it, though : )

No No Eul

So many good suggestions for OT5's title.

Jihae is taking part in the 2013 Miss Intercontinental Korea competition it would seem.

Could they turn that into a full song please? Unless I'm missing something and it is already.

I like to think that Taeyeon has some sort of special ability to pick FP out of a crowd, no matter how far away she is.

Taeyeon did a damn fine job singing the national anthem. Tippany, not so much.

Apparently the lady in the trailer is Lee Hae In, formerly of Gangkiz. I looked them up on Wikipedia and it seems that all but two of the members are confirmed to have left the group. Not surprising really.

I hadn't realised that pink casette was actually the packaging for the album. That's pretty awesome.

llehuty

I can't believe f(x)'s album lived up to the hype. It's so solid. Full of nice surprises.

The first two tracks RPPP and Shadow work great as openers. But then comes Pretty Girl. DAT chorus. And I love how it comes out of nowhere (well, it comes from an awesome bridge). Kick is not usually my type of thing, but the production is crazy enough to keep my interest (grower contender).

Now comes the Summery trio formed by Signal, Step and Goodbye Summer. They feel like Evening/Night/Morning summer soundtracks, in that order. I could see myself totally dancing to Step in any club at night, sadly that's not going to happen :( As it was said before Goodbye Summer is the weakest link in the album. It's not bad, but the production is so generic, and that is made more obvious compared to the tracks before and after it.

Airplane is sogood.gif. Every minute of it is so fresh. As ramyeon said, I just want to put this song in replay, but it's not an option with the amazing album f(x) has delivered. Toy is also good, I could live without the dubstep break though. 여우 같은 내 친구 (No More) is lovely (double claps FTW). Snapshot is not my thing, luckily is the shortest track of the album. Ending Page is quite good, this laidback rockish style fits quite well as a closer.

I'm so going to buy the physical copy of this. I like how diverse the whole album is and still manages to be cohesive. I'm not even trying with BEG album today because I don't feel it's going to be fair.

f(x) - Rum Pum Pum Pum MV BTS

fx+with+shinee.jpg

lol @ hyung Amber placed between the guys Jonghyun and Key.

fx+luna+krystal+amber+jonghyun.jpg

M.I.B - MEN IN BLACK (TEASER)

TASTY 2013 Comeback Trailer

Pretty amazing fancam that showed up on Sera's twitter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WInncAPDfPI&feature=youtu.be

That is great. Artists having fun at the stage are the best thing ever. Also I've noticed Sungah always hits Sera with her butt, but this time Sera avoids it. Hilarious. This last vdeo also reminds me that the world needs more Sungah fancams.

Actually enjoying this

Queen B'Z - Bad

Not bad, but today is f(x) day for me.

Remyzero

Yesterday night I went the OC fair and as I was waking around I saw some girl with a face paint of a cat and resembled Taeyeon.

I kept wondering "Is that Taeyeon? Nah it can't be...", so I kept on walking with my friends.

Lone behold it was her from IG photos.

Edit:
Explosion_mushroom_shaped.gif

roaSone

Yesterday night I went the OC fair and as I was waking around I saw some girl with a face paint of a cat and resembled Taeyeon.

I kept wondering "Is that Taeyeon? Nah it can't be...", so I kept on walking with my friends.

Lone behold it was Taeyon from her IG photos.
u hate yourself right?

Pendulum

Have you stopped cutting yourself?

wwlnd

Banned

:OOOOOOOO
omg!

ryan-ts

I'm so sorry man :(

luso

Gods frequently disguises themselves when they descend to Earth to see how is living among earthlings. Anyway you failed to recognize her. Now kill yourself.

Soompi USUALLY release their special signed ed's on monday. But they've veered away from that lately.

And they aren't even usually necessarily all that close to the release date of the actual album.

But i'll let you all know after i purchase one, when it goes up.

Hopefully they'll get 500 signed copies for this, like they have been doing for others recently, and not just 200. I think 200 would sell out within the hour.

What time does it usually go up? Korea time or USA time?

In any case, I'm making an Soompi shop account right now lol.

This calls for seppuku... or cutting a finger off for this travesty.

Lol jk.

I don't blame you though. I've had the opportunity to run into a lot of celebrities/important people and more often than not I never recognize who they are until later.

Also, Airplane is the 2nd best track off Pink Tape. That chorus is just mind blowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom