• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Ailee Takes a Photo with Beyoncé’s Producer Shea Taylor, American Debut in the Works.

By1gpE3CIAEuDF5.png:large

To clarify what Dokish quoted.

-The liability of $40mil is that Sica has to make Blanc worth >40mil for investors to stay, otherwise they pull out and she tanks

-So no she doesnt need to pay then 40 mil if business collapses it's just that they can pull out the money and she tanks the business

-Which again comes down to her contract w investors

Credits: https://twitter.com/_taengoofied

So yeah, she's pretty much screwed trying with BLANC out of SNSD.

Dat Fany.
By1lxXiIUAANI6Y.jpg

Poor Seo :(
By1lxYrIUAAVV7U.jpg

I just burst out laughing reading this thread.

Find it hard to believe people care this much even though I am clearly reading it. All the reactions, and pictures out of context. It's just more funny than compelling at this point.

In other news:
song-ji-eun.jpg

Ji Eun's solo mini, called "25" is coming out October 14. Duble sidekick produced the title track "Pretty Age 25."
This appears to have been ignored amidst the controversy. Yet another victim in this mess.

ramyeon

In other news:
song-ji-eun.jpg

Ji Eun's solo mini, called "25" is coming out October 14. Duble sidekick produced the title track "Pretty Age 25."
This appears to have been ignored amidst the controversy. Yet another victim in this mess.
Great to see her finally get an album, even if it is a mini, I do like her ballads generally. Shame it'll just be a compilation of her digital singles to date with a new title track probably lol.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Let's be real, to fans of SNSD this guy is always going to be a scumbag. A lot of people are just going to ignore that she wanted to enter the fashion industry, she wanted to use BLANC as a stepping stone to enter a prestigious design school etc etc. They'll just blame the guy because he "took" her away from them.
unni didn't mean it, sica is innocent angel. he is a man so he must be evilllllll. her only mistake was denying the power of nine to protect her.

dokish

Banned
Koreans are fucking stupid when it comes to organizing events, holy shit.

1. Davichi - apparently - official Facebook page states they gonna perform in a few places. One of them is doable for me to travel, so I decide to go. However, there is no link or information for tickets (for any event).

2. I enter the site of the cultural event they gonna perform in, but the website is drastically different from Korean to English, so navigating both is impossible.

3. If you are holding a major event, one would guess they will make a huge pop-up or banner pretty visible for visitor, however you have to access shitty menus to find what you want.

4. After finding it, they failed to mention ANYTHING about tickets or entrance fee. They don't even say if it's free.

Fuck you.

EDIT: What the flying fuck?!

EDIT 2: Davichi will only perform for 20 minutes (3 songs, they usually talk a lot) and there's no entrance fee. I might go since the festival seems pretty interesting.

Peru

My gut instinct is to always cheer for any troublemaker giving it to 'the man' in k-pop so I'm still a fan of how Jessica did it with a sneak attack on the oiled and ready SM PR machinery. Blanc may be a risk like any new venture but SM sure are fucked big time and SNSD too if they took this decision. Like, basically any inconvenience would be worth it if the goal was to keep her inside for another year, with sub-unit, final tour, goodbye records, a peaceful end that would give you lots of cash money in itself and ensure a clean reputation for future OT8 activities.

Peru

Also the sneaky devil KKS has closed CCM and opened up again under MBK Entertainment with all his artists, trying to convince everyone that records are clean and they can start buying their songs again.

Salazar

Also the sneaky devil KKS has closed CCM and opened up again under MBK Entertainment with all his artists, trying to convince everyone that records are clean and they can start buying their songs again.

hNiSiUg.gif

I am Sal's contemptuous but amused lack of surprise.

luso

Since we have some new information, I may revise my views. In any case, inside information must be taken with a grain of salt since the intention may be to skew the information and to be biased. Nothing about marriage is confirmed, and even if true, it would be next year only.

Something more serious probably happened since the BLANC launch, as the members were initially supportive changed their views. Maybe they saw that after it, she went really into it more than expected and making too difficulty the group activities management, as the plans for the next 6 months. OR there was some other kind of pressure, if shift on opinion was very sudden, maybe coming from SM itself that hinted to the other members that the group future would be more difficult and hindered, with Jessica now committed to her brand.

In any case, Jessica shouldn’t have mentioned them on her statement. By doing it, is putting herself in a more difficult situation. I keep thinking that the “plan” was to leave her out of this latest fan meeting as sort of punishment, as arriving one day before, with probably the others putting much effort on preparations and rehearsal of the fan meeting, and her late arrive (24h before departure) was crossing the line. This degraded into some more serious discussion and after Jessica puts that weibo post, it escalated too much and SM had to put it as Jessica leaving the group.

However as much the girls had a word to say about this, SM ultimately would have the final word, this matter would be too sensitive to leave it for the members only. In this sense, I think SM decision was too radical. Maybe SM said “enough with discussions between you, we’ll handle this from now on” and just put Jessica out to end it. This is sad. On the other hand, she put herself on a difficult situation if the 40 million report is true (I still think is too much) since BLANC launch strength was because Jessica is a SNSD member. We have here a catch-22 situation. Jessica needs SNSD for her brand or chances of brand failing are much bigger but she can’t give SNSD priority. Without SNSD priority she can’t be part of the group as it is now, if she is with SNSD she can’t be committed with her objectives with the brand.

As I said, by going public with those words about the members (she should have another kind of speech to say similar stuff) she made the situation worst as it put it at personal level, between her and the other members. Chances of any near future reconciliation are now almost zero. Even if it was my wish that some sort of agreement could be done. Even if things would not be the same any more…

As for Jessica’s future within SM, if this is not achieved, is very grim. If she continues with SM, she really will be left out of any SNSD stuff. Imagine how then she couldn’t join them on their solo concerts, SM town, photoshoots, see them working, rehearsing and leaving for the locations and airports for their work and she unable to join them. Very harsh. Imagine it yourselves on a similar situation on your job or school.
So she either endure this or she will left SM, even if it has to pay probably millions if is not justifiable by whatever is in the contracts. On the other hand, out of SM, it’s even worse for her brand and herself… I just want to this ending well for both sides.

kiyomi

I don't know as much as you guys around here about the Jessica situation but I just came in here to say it sucks ass and I wish all the best for her and whatever she chooses to do. I can't say I care much about anything SNSD are gonna do going forward, regardless of what SM did or didn't do. They're just not SNSD without Jessica for me.

giri

Yeah saw that. The new MBK also has a direct subsidiary with ties to china. Which most of their artists have conveniently signed already too.

llehuty

This mess, what a way of ending the thread.

Leaving this interesting info here:

Groups that had lineup changes this year: SNSD, Kara, f(x), 9Muses, EXO, Jewelry, U-kiss,...
Groups that still didn't have a lineup change this year: T-ara, After School
SM groups that still have the original members: SHINee, Red Velvet.
Group that is going to save kpop: BESTie

That lady from Kpopstar3 made her debut:
2014091601599_0.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qkSA8gMz5s

Quite solid debut.

Yess, in my veins.
Also, that IU teaser sounds promising.

NyoRx

Soo just saw Younha at my university's festival! Worth the hour and a half of mediocrity before her.

No pics because my phone camera is shite.

insiders say there is still a chance sica will rejoin, please dont make assumptions, they may come back together again.

Of course they can, the problem is that is mainly for Sica's business and not SNSD. People know that now.

This angle.

TTS cried a lot during their fansign event a couple of hours ago, Flying Petals gave Taeyeon an Iphone 6.

Sunny asking SONES if they were ok, during her radio show.
Sunny :(

dokish

Banned
Best sub-unit in Korean history.

Jungsis will be shattered to tiny, almost invisible pieces. The true reality show will portrait Way and Choa.

jokkir

I have to say I'm really enjoying some of the songs in the new Clazziquai Project album more notably 내게 돌아와, Android, and Love Satellite. I'm a bit iffy on Call Me Back because of the rapping (I feel it doesn't belong) but it sounds good too.

Pendulum

If Jessica does rejoin, I can't image it'll be frictionless given how she painted her ex-members in the statement and weibo post.

ramyeon

This song is so good. Those synths. IU's voice.

It really does feel like I'm listening to a Seo Taiji song sung by IU (Which it is but you know). Really damn good. Not the kind of music I think of when I think IU but her voice suits this really well.

Seriously, those synths though. So good.

ramyeon

So good, I wasn't expecting something like this when I first heard about the collab.
It definitely feels along the lines Taiji was heading with on his last album, but better than that. There are definitely a lot of spots where I can actually hear him singing the lyrics, almost as if she's taken a few cues from him as far as delivery goes haha. Will be interesting to hear his version next week, but unless he's rearranged it then I feel like I already know what his will sound like lol.

I do hope his album is more of this. This is such a good song, and it's great to hear it with IU's vocals.

Slowdive

Banned
It definitely feels along the lines Taiji was heading with on his last album, but better than that. There are definitely a lot of spots where I can actually hear him singing the lyrics, almost as if she's taken a few cues from him as far as delivery goes haha. Will be interesting to hear his version next week, but unless he's rearranged it then I feel like I already know what his will sound like lol.

I do hope his album is more of this. This is such a good song, and it's great to hear it with IU's vocals.

I'm not really familiar with his newer stuff so I'll have to check it out. I never knew I wanted an electronic IU album, I do now.

Speaking of electronic I think some people might like this.

luso

insiders say there is still a chance sica will rejoin, please dont make assumptions, they may come back together again.

I'm not checking any news now, how this came out?

In any case, chances are still low given both sides blunt statements, but if this happens, all involved must be clear what are the terms and what is planned for the group in general.

ramyeon

I'm not really familiar with his newer stuff so I'll have to check it out. I never knew I wanted an electronic IU album, I do now.

Speaking of electronic I think some people might like this.
Yeah, Taiji's a bit of a musical chameleon like that haha. He's been doing synthy electronic rock for awhile and it's not half bad. This is on another level though, I really like this.

11's EP was great, I discovered it through Bandcamp awhile back. Such a hard artist to find anything on, outside of like her Facebook, because of that name though lol.

Edit: Just checked to see when Taiji's last album was released and it was already 5 years ago. Time flies.

Top Bottom