• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

luso

Wonder Girls album is great, 4.5/5 because a couple of songs near the end ‘disrupt’ a little the overall sound, at least for my untrained ears. But for K-pop standards it’s a top album.
Amazing that the 80s popular culture is still strong nowadays even if the 90s nostalgia starts to kicking, albeit slow. It just shows how the 80s pop music was great, even the cheesy songs :)

From newest T-ara’s I can remember the chorus but it’s AOA sound, even the MV is similar if you see the overall setup. What annoys the most are the background stock special effects and “ad-libs”, it suffers also from the same loudness as Heart Attack.

Latest SM rumors is about 2 new groups debut this year, f(x) after the Summer, Red Velvet two minis (!), a SNSD subunit winter mini and Chamgmin solo next year

SNSD 8th anniversary, no time for a megapost. But here’s Yoona’s latest photoshoot

b5c82941dc80a59945f0ad35ebb13b5a_l1NDS5IGky1x3IWtBIma6Y6nE4BTz9Q.jpg

b5c82941dc80a59945f0ad35ebb13b5a_tYc2JbSBihgmpvOtp4BaedmTPooxM.jpg

b5c82941dc80a59945f0ad35ebb13b5a_kY3KVzQj6q4jtcgXhBFX4MLDPMP.jpg

b5c82941dc80a59945f0ad35ebb13b5a_nN4RD1LYvl22fKY.jpg

Eldren

New T-ara is alright but I'm not too bothered about it. It's just something they farted out while preparing for the true comeback - the Chinese track produced by Shinsagod Tiger.

No No Eul

I really like the later stages of Reboot. It's a welcome change of pace. The only songs on the album that don't really do anything for me are John Doe and, dare I say, One Black Night, with Candle and Faded Love being the highlights.

T-ara's So Crazy is pretty forgettable but I'm enjoying track 4 on that single. It's sort of EXID-esque.

xolovestephi said:
3q6LVWp.jpg

☺️ x 8 #HAPPY8THGIRLS 💛

ramyeon

Sohee would had totally rocked this concept ;_;. Any chances of she coming back for a re-reboot?
tumblr_m7hbjbn2Cl1rsskhm.gif

We can dream.

Edit: You know what, if you had asked me whether we'd have a new Wonder Girls album this year a couple of months ago I would have said no way that's impossible.

So let's keep dreaming haha.

tumblr_mdntuoC6Dx1qlccy4o1_500.gif

vanty

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

tXSCw9V.jpg

Does "드디어정상인머리..." mean she's happy to get rid of the red hair? Google translate says "Finally, normal hair ... "

ramyeon

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

tXSCw9V.jpg

Does "드디어정상인머리..." mean she's happy to get rid of the red hair? Google translate says "Finally, normal hair ... "
Google translate is, remarkably, spot on here.

isuzu

ok, finally home so let me talk about the BTS concert

first of all, the concert experience in itself:

the venue was sold out (6k tickets) and I got pretty much the best place. they started with n.o and bulletproof pt. 2 but you could see they were super tired. half assed the first three songs and Suga was beyond grumpy. after the ment everyone got fucking crazy and BTS went along. highlight for me was Killer because everyone was jumping, lightsticks were thrown to the sky and almost no one was filming. when the encore started it was even worse. they barely attempted any choreo and just got hyped and jumped. concert lasted almost 4 hours (!!!!!!!!) and by the end of it everyone was a mess. people crying everywhere, some were just standing, trying to digest everything. BTS was really happy because fuck fanchants. Rapmon said they loved Brazil because it was the only place they could fill a 6k venue and everyone was awesome because we were singing non stop and stuff.

about them:

- they are good at dancing, indeed.
- BTS is legit as fuck. Suga is so good at rapping it's not even funny. Rapmon is hype, J-hope is the most popular here and I don't blame anyone because he's really good at everything. V is V, just like you see him on tv. Weird, cute and happy. Jungkook is amazing live also he does NOT look 17. Jin is my 2nd bias but he's in the wrong group, someone save him pls. The real winner, imo, was Jimin. He's just beyond amazing. I went from "meh, Jimin" to paying more attention to him than anyone else (sorry, Yoongi). My expectations were beyond met.
- Setlist was great. last 3 songs were Dope, Fun Boys, and Attack on Bangtan.
- They were doing rock paper scissors to pick 1 member to do some aegyo, and I yelled SUGA and everyone started yelling his name so he was the chosen one. I'm sorry Suga.

about the entire concert saga:

-sleeping on the concrete floor when it's 5c isn't fun
- ARMYs I met were all good people but we were the first 30 of the line. The further you went, the crazier it got with people fighting all the fucking time.
-BigHit needs to get its shit together and pander to BR ARMYs because we're their biggest fandom outside Korea. Give us an arena concert and swag to buy, ffs.
-It was a great concert. Probably the best one I've seen. Another concert next year is already announced and I'm going.10 out of 10, no complaints besides the shitty organization.

Last song and everyone going insane. Too bad no one filmed the 2nd floor, aka best floor according to RacistMon.

tumblr_nsdpdeqXCD1swzn9wo2_500.jpg

I'll never understands peoples fascination with Sohee. Most overrated idol ever. Unimpressive vocals and visuals. The one episode of her in RM I saw she was super boring. If it's her visuals you miss so much, you can find her rat like features in Xiumin.

Yeeun has been up there since her HA:TFELT debut, I still come back to that mini all the time. It's so good and the fact that it completely bombed on the charts is so depressing.

But she hinted at a comeback soon, it will be great.

Gotta admit I never listened to the mini, but I fucking loved Ain't Nobody. One of the best songs of 2014. I'll definitely check out the mini when I get one of my pc's up and running again.

Lots of good 'K-pop' lately.

It's been a great summer as far as I am concerned.

I really like "Let's Not Fall in Love" from E.

Song has been growing on me ever since I got to hear it with better audio than the shitty speakers at my work. It might be as good as Sober and Loser, or even better. Time will tell exactly how they place.

Soyeon 3 faces ago so good.

Idols gotta be more careful when messing with their noses.

Jelly of Kai

I'm too lazy to make a proper post for all this red velvet.

That chest pump/roll.

giphy.gif

Sunmi and Yenny are, right now, one of the best Top twos in girl groups next to Woohee & Subin and Uji & Dahye.

#notbiased

maxresdefault.jpg

Still pretty bonus

#epitomeofobjectivity

llehuty

ramyeon

I'll never understands peoples fascination with Sohee. Most overrated idol ever. Unimpressive vocals and visuals.
Like has already been pointed out, there are a lot of idols you could replace Sohee's name with here. Sohee was practically the poster child for the Wonder Girls at the point when I was most obsessed with them when I was younger (Tell Me days). I think missing her is more than justified.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Damn, why is Candle so good.

Wonder Girls, pls.

I'm really partial to I Feel You, because it strikes every cord for me but Candle...hnnnnng. That whole album has been my work music everyday since it's release.

Edit. NetizenBuzz is really trying her hardest to translate WG shade, but shit, she's digging up articles like like +10 thumbs up on the comments lol.

ramyeon

I'm really partial to I Feel You, because it strikes every cord for me but Candle...hnnnnng. That whole album has been my work music everyday since it's release.

Edit. NetizenBuzz is really trying her hardest to translate WG shade, but shit, she's digging up articles like like +10 thumbs up on the comments lol.
Her agenda this time around is really clear. It's pathetic really.

feist_

Banned
I'll never understands peoples fascination with Irene. Most overrated idol ever.
2144CE4B52B2ECCA043F83

I'll never understands peoples fascination with Sohee. Most overrated idol ever.
2650693452A86F36270EE8

The only songs on the album that don't really do anything for me are John Doe and, dare I say, One Black Night
27506E5052A719481FE218

Redeemed with your acknowledgement of Faded Love's greatness.

2173554F52A5CA1333DF59

PSH, mimic hunter.

vanty

So I decided to check out Wonder World after liking Reboot so much and owwwwwwwww Nu Shoes is like the most fun thing ever I love it hard.

No No Eul

SM said:
After discussions with Jessica, who has been an artist under SM Entertainment, we’ve decided to go our separate ways so both sides can continue to develop. We hope people will support Jessica, who will be having a fresh start.

Jessica said:
Hello, this is Jessica. After discussions with SM Entertainment, I’m letting you know that we’ve decided to end our contract and officially go our separate ways. I consider the time I spent with SM Entertainment valuable, and I hope for good luck in SM Entertainment’s future.

Also, to my precious fans, I’m always grateful for your unchanging support and love. I’m going to do my best to show you all what you’re anticipating, so I’d be thankful if you watched over my new start.

Isn't that nice.

t7bdGK0.jpg

Niks

But we wanted blood ;_;. This year is dropping the ball on the drama side of things. (Although I'm expecting a Taeyeon shady instagram update soon).

Well, a Taeyeon solo album vs a Jessica solo album would be nice. Bwahaha.

Soshi going to NYC

tumblr_nsnaolqOSu1r2xhr2o3_1280.jpg

TEHJOE

Neo Member
I love that Changmin sent a churro truck to Red Velvet's MV shoot as he will need a ton of their signatures over the next two years.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
The deeper you get in 4Minute's Video...the more they cook and eat. It's kind of all they do. But it's super awesome. If you want to watch idols cook hilariously bad meals, and joke around with each other, it's your show. Goddamn Hyuna and Jiyoon ooze charisma. Also whoever picks the music for every 4Minute variety has got to be a Mario fanboy/girl. From SMB2 music in Travel Maker, to SMB3 and NSMB music now...It's epic lol! And I noticed their Avengers cell covers haha. Jiyoon is Iron Man, Jihyun is Capt. America, etc. It's hilarious.

Top Bottom