• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

luso

Going to my first ever K-pop concert today!! Block B came to Finland which is just amazing. Looking forward to it and i'll post my experiences either tonight or tomorrow :O

Also they brought some merch so I might have to buy my first lightstick!

Ear plugs. Don't forget them!

--R

Banned
TAEYEON 태연_Fine_Music Video Teaser

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[Teaser] GFRIEND(여자친구)_FINGERTIP Comeback Trailer

BTS 'Not Today' MV (Choreography Version)

C5mXqifVMAEmoQw.jpg
GOT7 <FLIGHT LOG : ARRIVAL> SCHEDULE ANNOUNCEMENT

Kinda sounds like their previous song.

It's like a bad remix of Destiny. I was expecting something good from them but this is just disappointing...

Is GFRIEND literally "gee friend" or just "girlfriend"?

They pronounce it 'gee friend' when talking in English (Umji specifically) however their Korean name is literally 'girlfriend' so I've seen them introduced like that in English before as well. I assume 'gee friend' is official though, since that's how they introduce themselves in English.

Also yas at their new teaser, looks and sounds amazing. Gfriend is a group that always delivers.

Lovelyz is kinda meh, even though I like the production. It just doesn't sound catchy, it might be a grower. It has a nice chorus though, I wish the entire song was like that with some drama rather than the poppy verses. I LOVED Destiny, I would've like to see more of that from them. ):

PInk Tape

Banned
Those Gfriend teasers look so cool :eek: I didn't expect them to head in that direction concept wise.

&#47084;&#48660;&#47532;&#51592;(Lovelyz) "WoW!" Official MV

Really disappointing. The girls look great but the song is all over the place.

It's like it's held back by its indecisiveness on what sound it wants to go with and, like a few posters have said already, parts of it sound similar to Destiny but worse somehow.

I did give the album a chance and I actually liked a couple of songs on it: Emotion (my favorite), Night and Day, and &#52395;&#45576;.

I'm soooo glad GFriend didn't follow A-Pink's footsteps by staying with the cutesy image. I slowly started becoming a fan during their GFriend/Mamamoo variety show but I still wasn't into their pure image... but now? Sign me the fnck up!

Plz let Eunha 360 noscope me!

Edit: Lovelyz - Emotion is really good actually. Why isn't this the comeback track instead?

Makikou

Oh my god the Block B concert was amazing! Like way, way, WAY better than I thought it would be.

Disclaimer: Some stuff I can't remember and I will probably confuse up their names in this post.

They started very punctually at 19:30 with a track of warm-up music with the crowd screaming & yelling for Block B and then they played an intro video before coming out to the stage.
They might have started with some other track but it very quickly progressed to "Her" which is a song I'm really into. I've got some video of it right here. (Hope the link works, my instagram is not private so...)

They stopped to do some quick introductions and hype for their 2nd time in Helsinki. I think Taeil and Park Kyung made the crowd do Loituma :D

Then they performed Mental Breaker. These two songs very much felt like it was a good warm up for them and also I felt it got the crowd more into it as people felt a bit stiff during "Her". Then I'm not sure but I think it was time for Getcha Getcha ya ya here Getcha Getcha ya ya I'M VERY VERY GOOD. That song is so crazy lit and it's even better LIVE!!

Ok, the stage personnel bring out some chairs and the guys take a small clothing change break. I think they switched clothes atleast 3 times during the set + BASTARZ sub-unit did one change for their own song.
Time for a little talk! The guys introduce themselves more personally and then Park Kyung asks some questions from the members. Such as what famous places do they know in Helsinki! I didn't catch this on video but I think Zico said "Senaatintori!" and someone said "Esplanadi!". Then Park asked them what they have eaten in Finland, I think B-Bomb said "Steak!", Park's like alright, what about Zico? Zico: "KarjalanpiiRAKKA!" "Karjalanpaisti!" Also someone said "PULLA" I think :D
They spoke so much Finnish it was great!! Like they really blew my mind and I think this talk really relaxed them but also the crowd and the rest of the concert was flat out amazing. Also I got this on video so I need to post it here soon.

After this they did some slower songs like "Unordinary Girl" then mid-way through one of the songs the BASTARZ guys went to backstage so you knew shit's gonna go down soon.Then they did a really long video where it was like old-school B/W film without sounds and it was about "human-sacrifice and pursuit to make people happy". When the video ended with "The End?" It zoomed out to modern times with the BASTARZ crew heading out of a door onto a stage. They were so great!! Too bad my phone failed to record even a bit of this :((

They also did a really long intro for Toy and people were singing the chorus in unison. Korean lines & all very well. Ofc I didnt know the lyrics >_< but you kinda picked up on it. They performed the song and then it was time for the "last song" which was Yesterday.
I really like that song, it's kinda mellow in it's own way. This went to Jackpot iirc and also NalinA, Rough Ver. of VERY GOOD.

They thanked many times in intermissions in Korean, English & Finnish even! They said how it was a lot more awesome this time around and they'll be sure to come again. I really hope they do because now I'm sad I didn't get the Meet & Greet ticket!!

Frankly I didn't expect to feel that it sad ended but I did and it felt it ended so very quickly but they did full 2 hours!

Also I didn't have ear plugs but I had my Sennheiser earplugs with me and tbh they made the sound perfect. The volume was great and there was no issues with mixing.

Reading my post now it's very apparent I'm not too fluent in english with all the "Them" and They" etc. hahah. Sorry <3

vanty

I like the Lovelyz song. Much better than Destiny for sure, even though they have The Perfection blonde hair for some reason. At least she didn't get Yura'd yet.

Ailee - Reminiscing MV

Ailee doing crazy vocal runs and scat is giving me life right now.... I need to sleep coz I work tomorrow but I can't lol.

My waifu is back!

Did she put weight back on? Looking much better than what I remember the last time seeing her. The song also isn't crap, so that's a first for a while.

Gintamen

vanty said:
Did she put weight back on? Looking much better than what I remember the last time seeing her. The song also isn't crap, so that's a first for a while.
She had it for some time now, since her last debute.

llehuty

Minzy opens official fanclub "POS"
I legit snorted when I read that. I don't even know how nobody bothered googling POS or something.

In the video, she explains that POS means light / to shine in Greek (pos = &#966;&#969;&#962;).

[Special Clip] Dreamcatcher(&#46300;&#47548;&#52880;&#52432;) _ Lucky Strike
Choreo is quite good, despite just being a cover of a song they could had easily half assed. This group needs to make it big.

Home was decent, though.

New episode of Ask us Anything is great. Loved the love triangle between Han Chae Ah, Yeongchul, and Janghoon.

Is Yeongchul's persona an act? I honestly feel bad for him sometimes. Not only is the cast constantly teasing him, but the guests rag on him as well. Are guests told backstage to treat him that way?

Sweet baby Jesus indeed.

Wow.

She's finally back to "thicc" status as of Home and that was in October of last year.

But yeah, the song Home while a fantastic effort and quite technical didn't hit for me either.

Is Yeongchul's persona an act? I honestly feel bad for him sometimes. Not only is the cast constantly teasing him, but the guests rag on him as well. Are guests told backstage to treat him that way?

Yes and sorta. I don't think guests are really told to give him shit coz it'd be awkward when you don't know the person. Basically the guests who give him shit pretty much know who he is, whereas the guests who are weary of him don't really know him that much or at all.

In fact all of the cast members specifically have a role to play.

Look at it this way if nobody was there to rag on Yong-chul he'd essentially have no screen time. The cast and guests shitting on him gives him screen time no matter the connotation. It's similar for Sang-min too, the only time he really gets some proper screen time is when somebody brings up his debts and all that.

--R

Banned
Jesus christ, SM. You can't hype a release this much and delay the MV launch this long.

Edit: Nevermind, I still don't understand the PM/AM thingy when it's 12. So... 10 hours left? Fuck.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Are the Lovelyz songwriting people in a competition to design the most hard-to-vibe-with melody in kpop history?

Pendulum

New episode of Ask us Anything is great. Loved the love triangle between Han Chae Ah, Yeongchul, and Janghoon.

That ending when Hodong asked Chae Ah to put her hand on her heart...

If I remember correctly, it's been acknowledged on the show itself that Youngchul puts on an act. How much, I am not sure. Never seen him off a variety show.

Ryan_MSF

Ailee - Reminiscing MV

Ailee doing crazy vocal runs and scat is giving me life right now.... I need to sleep coz I work tomorrow but I can't lol.

My waifu is back!

I adore this. I've had it on repeat all day, and her voice just blows me away :D

Question for you guys in the EU/US, where do you guys order your physical editions of releases? I've been looking online and i always end up back on Ebay, where the price mark up is usually 3x what i'd end up paying for a digital version on iTunes, is this how things are priced, or am i missing something obvious here?

Question for you guys in the EU/US, where do you guys order your physical editions of releases? I've been looking online and i always end up back on Ebay, where the price mark up is usually 3x what i'd end up paying for a digital version on iTunes, is this how things are priced, or am i missing something obvious here?

I'm in the US and I order my albums from YesAsia usually if I'm doing a preorder. They get it to me quick and the shipping is cheap, but the albums tend to be slightly more expensive because of that. For example I ordered the new BTS album off there and it cost 31 bucks for the album, 40 total after shipping. I've also bought a few albums and concert DVDs on Amazon and haven't had any issues, but I don't preorder on there. I got some older BTS albums for like 20 bucks so it was much more reasonable, haha.

--R

Banned
I adore this. I've had it on repeat all day, and her voice just blows me away :D

Kpopmart, An album with the cheapest shipping (2-3 weeks) is like 25-30€.

llehuty

Oh my god the Block B concert was amazing! Like way, way, WAY better than I thought it would be.

[...]
Sound slike you had a nice time. I saw Block B at Kcon Paris and they were really energetic. I'm getting impatient about Kcon in Europe this year. Last year it was only announce with 2 months in advance, but I was hoping to hear something about it already. Hopefully once Kcon Mexico is over.

The optimal thing would be either finding a local or national shop focused on selling kpop stuff (since the shipping would be way cheaper). And the golden standard of "worth your money" is mnet's meet & greet signed albums.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Cheapest way to get physical kpop is to have good Korean friends who go back home for holidays and are willing to grab something for you while there, lol. At the flea market many albums are like $5-$10.

Ryan_MSF

I'm in the US and I order my albums from YesAsia usually if I'm doing a preorder. They get it to me quick and the shipping is cheap, but the albums tend to be slightly more expensive because of that. For example I ordered the new BTS album off there and it cost 31 bucks for the album, 40 total after shipping. I've also bought a few albums and concert DVDs on Amazon and haven't had any issues, but I don't preorder on there. I got some older BTS albums for like 20 bucks so it was much more reasonable, haha.

Kpopmart, An album with the cheapest shipping (2-3 weeks) is like 25-30&#8364;.

The optimal thing would be either finding a local or national shop focused on selling kpop stuff (since the shipping would be way cheaper). And the golden standard of "worth your money" is mnet's meet & greet signed albums.

Thanks a lot everyone, really appreciate your help! Managed to order Taeyeon's album, hopefully it won't be too long till i get it ^^

Cheapest way to get physical kpop is to have good Korean friends who go back home for holidays and are willing to grab something for you while there, lol. At the flea market many albums are like $5-$10.

I'm flying out in July, I'm going to pick up as much as I can whilst i'm there, but this is actually a pretty great idea!

Top Bottom