• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

neoism

TAEYEON 태연_Fine_Music Video

The song, her voice, the MV, i can't.

Dead.gif~c200
😭😭😭🔥🔥🔥😍😍😍😍😘😘😘

PInk Tape

Banned
SinB serving badass queen in those pics

I think Gugudan's release was good but I think I love the instrumental more than the song. The album is solid and an interesting move sound-wise for them but I'm not completely in love with it.

Oh my god the Block B concert was amazing! Like way, way, WAY better than I thought it would be.

I'm glad you had a great time ^^

And don't worry your English is great! <3

llehuty

Good, but a bit "by the numbers".

Ok, this is really good. It has a nice atmosphere.

I think Gugudan's release was good but I think I love the instrumental more than the song. The album is solid and an interesting move sound-wise for them but I'm not completely in love with it.
Yeahhh, the instrumental is really good, but I feel like I would have liked other group singing it. I.O.I would had killed it :(

Edit: 2017.05.12 Fri
K.A.R.D is on Toronto kpop con
#KARD #TKC17

Canada k-pop GAF better deliver.

Makikou

Sound slike you had a nice time. I saw Block B at Kcon Paris and they were really energetic. I'm getting impatient about Kcon in Europe this year. Last year it was only announce with 2 months in advance, but I was hoping to hear something about it already. Hopefully once Kcon Mexico is over.

I really hope KCon France happens this year because I'm definetly going the moment they give out the date & who's going to be there

Ym1r

Taeyeon song is pretty good.

Album is also very solid, not one bad song on there, most are pretty good, and the ones that are not are just average.

llehuty

Korean Music Awards 2017 winners (aka the only kmusic awards we should care about)
I bolded the acts already dicussed in this thread (on the top of my head).

Album of the Year: Jo Dong Jin – &#45208;&#47924;&#44032; &#46104;&#50612; (As A Tree)
Song of the Year: Bolbbalgan4 – “&#50864;&#51452;&#47484; &#51460;&#44172; (Red Planet)”
Artist of the Year: Jay Park

Rookie of the Year: Silica Gel

Best Metal & Hardcore Album: Remnants of the Fallen – Shadow Walk
Best Rock Album: ABTB – Attraction Between Two Bodies
Best Rock Song: Jun Bum Sun And The Yangbans – “&#50500;&#47000;&#47196;&#48512;&#53552;&#51032; &#54785;&#47749; (Revolution)”

Best Modern Rock Album: Wings of the ISANG – &#51032;&#49885;&#51032;&#55120;&#47492; (Stream of Consciousness)
Best Modern Rock Song: 9 and the Numbers – “&#50648;&#47532;&#49828;&#51032; &#49452;(Song for Tuvalu)”

Best Folk Album: Lee Minhwee – &#48716;&#47536; &#51077; (Borrowed Tongue)
Best Folk Song: – “&#49888;&#51032; &#45440;&#51060; (Playing God)”

Best Pop Album: Jo Dong Jin – &#45208;&#47924;&#44032; &#46104;&#50612; (As A Tree)
Best Pop Song: Wonder Girls – “Why So Lonely”

Best Dance & Electronic Album: Kirara – moves
Best Dance & Electronic Song: Hitchhiker – “&#53584;&#45804;&#46972; ($10)”

Best Rap & Hip Hop Album: Hwaji – Zissou
Best Rap & Hip Hop Song: BewhY – “Forever”

Best R&B & Soul Album: Jay Park – Everything You Wanted
Best R&B & Soul Song: jeebanoff – “&#49340;&#49440;&#46041; &#49324;&#44144;&#47532; (Sungbuk-gu Kids)”

Best Jazz Album: Choi Sung Ho Singularity – &#48148;&#46988; &#48520;&#47732; (When The Wind Blows)
Best Crossover Album: 2nd Moon – &#54032;&#49548;&#47532; &#52632;&#54693;&#44032;
Best Jazz & Crossover Performance: Black String – Mask Dance

Committee’s Choice: &#51232;&#53944;&#47532;&#54588;&#52992;&#51060;&#49496; (Gentrification); Yoon Min Seok
Achievement Award: Kim Hong Tak

Could also be a nice way of dicovering some new acts (mostly indie-ish),here is the list of nominees. Some neat nominations, like Ladies code in best Pop Song and Neon Bunny in Best Dance & Electronic album.

Nominations apparently came at the beginning of the month, I'll try to keep an eye for next year, and that way we can place our own bets.

Nice to see Jay finally getting recognised for his work. Deserves it.

Expected Hwaji to win too, he won best hip hop album for his last album as well.

llehuty

they got good voices live =)
Yeah, I think it works better live than the studio version, for some reason.

This is such an interesting direction for them. Although, I'm not totally sold on that synth, sounds too cheesy.

This is so damn weird. They have toned down the vocal processing of Jiwoo, but I can't even recognize who is doing the prechorus from the guys, is it both at the same time? BM doing the rap verse is a good call probably, due to the language barrier. Somin is sounding as good as usual and that suit outfit with the cropped top, HNNGGG.

Interesting experiment overall, and a nice nod to their international fanbase.

Oh, the other gfriend teaser sounded better. :I

In the english version of Don't Recall, I think J.Seph is doing all the male talky bits like in the prechorus since BM snatched that rap part from him (understandable due to his fluency in English). I luv this English version, Somin delivers her English really well too.

I do think the Korean version is superior, even though I love me a good English version. I think most of Rania's English versions are superior to the Korean for example.

llehuty

which one is Haebin
the one with the high notes and adlibs not called Sejeong (on the back, on the left in the live video, and the one in the catwalk room in the music video)

In general, I'm so dissapointed in how they are treating gugudan. I get putting Sejeong and Mina front and center to ride that I.O.I popularity, but if you are going to do that, don't build a 9 member group around them. The other girls will have zero time to shine at this rate and we will end up with an AOA situation.

So far I think Pledis is doing it right (gasp), the girls from Pristin seem to have equal levels of attention at concerts and performances. Let's see once the proper debut happens, but so far I think is the right approach, making a balanced group.

I think balance is an actual key element for a group success, like it can be seen in recent popular groups like Twice and Gfriend, or other groups like peak KARA, SNSD, T-ara or Girl's Day.

New Taeyeon is solid but nothing too exciting. Honestly, until Peru can prove otherwise by providing us with his top 100 BoA list, I am declaring that J-min is SMs best solo artist.

tumblr_mw446fWtzT1sladr5o1_250.gif

Who the fuck decided to keep Hong Jin-kyung in Unnies Slam Dunk 2?

She's utter trash, I'm seriously puzzled as to why they brought her back. She was garbage during the MuDo 6th man recruitment and she hasn't changed a bit... what the hell do people see in her besides being a lanky human being for the fashion runway?

I'm really considering dropping the show after the 3rd episode coz of her. The rest of the cast is fun to watch despite their cringy moments but at least they're trying... HJK on the other hand decides to sleep and not practice at all for an entire week. Like bruh, do you not remember what JYP made you do in season 1?? Does her lankiness restrict her from picking up life lessons or whatever?

Yes, I'm sorta annoyed right now lol.

My hype levels went down for the latest GFriend... will wait til release with lowered expectations.

The hidden version of Don't Recall is surprisingly good. It's not better than the Korean version but it works 98% of the time and it's seriously surprising. Somin's almost perfect pronunciation seriously carries the entire song, if her accent was a lot more visible then this definitely wouldn't be as good... but as it is right now, that's pretty damn amazing.

My only complaint:

"my empty heart needs you comply"

Wat.

Comply is like two syllables, why not just change it to "right now"? Not only does it make better sense with the lyrics, it also sounds soooo much better than "comply" which already sounds super awkward even if you're a natural English speaker.

Top Bottom