• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider Battride War (PS3) announced in Dengeki Playstation [Details]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Gameplay reminds me a bit of One Piece: Pirate Warriors.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
As far as secondaries go, not counting third or fourth bananas...

G3-X
Knight
Kaixa
Garren
Ibuki (more so than Zanki)
Gatack, who is confirmed
Zeronos
Ixa
Diend
Accel
Birth
Meteor
Beast

personally, id rather have gills than g3-x.

shaowebb

I wonder if each Rider Form will have a seperate Musou-like special? I saw W do a Musou-like move in the music trailer portion as Luna/Joker, but does he still have say "Fire Branding" as Heat/Metal if I turn into that?

If you think about it this games move list is going to get pretty substantial even at 14 dudes considering those 14 dudes have a good several forms with seperate styles a piece in most cases.

CamHostage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R7sMssgAQIs

Teaser and a bit of gameplay at the end.

CG trailer doesn't look too hot, but the gameplay looks quite nice.

You thought so? I thought the gameplay looked super-cheapo (especially for a 7500yen game, ouch!) even Dynasty Warriors is able to make repeating character seem a little bit like they're not all the same model on the same animation cycle doing the same AI routine, and the hero character fluidity is so robotic and indistinct when tokusatsu is so about the dramatic poses. It looked like a Banpresto licensed-game quickie rather than a full, major production. Then again, the clip had no in-game bike action and that could be a major variant (and admittedly, I'm not much of a Kamen Rider follower, I just like interesting things out of Japan that might be worth importing.) And the screens look nicer than the little clip. I'm glad the fans seem happier than I was when I saw it, at least.

As far as secondaries go, not counting third or fourth bananas...

G3-X
Knight
Kaixa
Garren
Ibuki (more so than Zanki)
Gatack, who is confirmed
Zeronos
Ixa
Diend
Accel
Birth
Meteor
Beast

I'm sure anyone recently brought back for SCH (Garren, Chalice, Leangle - maybe this time with Blizzard Crush!) are pretty much guaranteed an appearance. I also hope Hidenori Tokuyama and Keisuke Kato are back for new lines.

NeonZ

Now if they could only throw enough money at Hiro Mizushima to get him to spend a day in a recording booth...

Although I'm a big Kabuto fan, the lack of Hiro Mizushima never bothered me that much. Whoever does Kabuto's voice in these games is easily one of the best impersonators they have.

Also, mad props for the Keroro avatar! :D

Thanks! I always liked the silhouette shots that popped up once in a while (And... It also helps hiding it's an anime avatar).

I saw W do a Musou-like move in the music trailer portion as Luna/Joker, but does he still have say "Fire Branding" as Heat/Metal if I turn into that?

I'd think so. Luna/Joker isn't considered one of Joker's main forms (they're Cyclone/Joker, Luna/Trigger and Heat/Metal), so, if it got an attack like that, all of them should have one.

You thought so? I thought the gameplay looked super-cheapo (especially for a 7500yen game, ouch!) even Dynasty Warriors is able to make repeating character seem a little bit like they're not all the same model on the same animation cycle doing the same AI routine, and the hero character fluidity is so robotic and indistinct when tokusatsu is so about the dramatic poses.

As far as the hero fluidity goes, they seemed to just be using one off super attacks without any follow ups or standard melee, so I think it's too soon to say that for sure. However, I agree about the grunts. Their animation somehow seems to be much more noticeably repetitive than Dynasty Warrior's - it's like the grunts were all moving in synchrony at times - most noticeable moments are the hit animations in the W segment and the standing animation of the worms in Kabuto's.

The lighting in the gameplay footage seems better than in the CG though, which is what I think people are referencing when they say that the gameplay looked better.

squall23

I hope they have all of Agito's forms including Burning.

Do we know exactly who is making this game? Because if it's the guys that made the PS2 non-crossover games then my hype's going to die a little.

omonimo

Banned
Is that the famous game which a lot of fans has awaited for years? The hell, never heard in my life :|
P.S.
Uh, my apologies, I have misunderstood Famitsu for Dengeki.

We can agree that everything about Decade was terrible. But hey, we got Gokaiger to make up for it.

no, not really, the first half was enjoyable and had some great moments, the second half just fell apart since they seem to have had no idea how handle things post the first 9 worlds...was it messy? yes, terrible? depends on the person.

Platy

U3JEA.jpg

Who is this one ?

I don't remember any Heisei Kamen Rider that look as "classic" as this one

Looks like a mix of J and Black

WillyFive

If the Sound edition has all the show soundtracks, what does the standard one include? Just filler music? Will that music be available in the Sound edition too?

Kusano123

Neo Member
So it is just a good angle ?

Bizarre how he is a fusion of 2 people ... a detective and .... ff10's yuna ? =P

I initially thought the design was off putting but it eventually become one of my favourite kamen riders. If you don't like the dual coloured scheme design there's always this

17544.jpg

Dat homage.

Has it been confirmed that this game is single player only? I really hope not >_>.

vareon

So it is just a good angle ?

Bizarre how he is a fusion of 2 people ... a detective and .... ff10's yuna ? =P

W is the most "classic" design of modern riders, only to be topped by Joker.

Xf03k.jpg

(sorry guys, I just want this thread to have a Joker pic)

shaowebb

W & OOO's have thus far been my favorite Heisei Kamen Rider Shows. Both just had great plots and overall cast plus their movies were great as well. Incredible endings to each too. Best overall shows in Heisei thus far and their powersets were pretty fun though I missed either having really stylish transforming props like Blade has. Blade has to have the best Driver belt, and weapon toys out there in terms of visual appeal (though Wizard's sword is pretty damned nice).

I also watched Den-O, Decade, and I'm currently bouncing around between Kabuto and Wizard since I can't find a decent place to watch Blade.

Didn't like Kabuto for the first 10 episodes, but once his ego character quirk began being treated as one you SHOULD laugh at instead of one we should be serious and like for some reason it started getting better. After that with the edition of Riders added to the show who filled in the gaps his personality had the entire show became balanced and entertaining as hell.

Blade was getting gritty and its serious plot I liked a lot in addition to all the equipment they used being stylish as hell so I want to watch it too.

Den-O is super fun and gets its own category with me. The best comedy so far, but surprisingly it managed to have its serious side too and let the characters grow. Really entertaining.

Decade was my first japanese Rider show since all I'd seen was Dragon Knight before that. Considering what I came from it was good, but it fell apart about halfway through and started feeling clumsy. Nothing ever finished developing and none of the endings made sense. Great start, but it lost steam.

Wizard is fun visually, but good lord they need some kind of building plot by now. Great visuals, incredible action, but its too much crammed into too few episodes and the plot seems to be getting cut for all the powers. Fun, but lacking so far...good thing Beast is turning into someone absolutely fun and entertaining to breath life into Wizard.

<3 Riders. Gonna play the hell outta this game.

Platy

Good to know that there are Kamen Rider looking Kamen Riders these days xD

Also ... anyone played the DS kamen rider games ?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also I want them belt sound effects to be louder.

My favorite is still Fourze's belt though.

shaowebb

Good to know that there are Kamen Rider looking Kamen Riders these days xD

Also ... anyone played the DS kamen rider games ?

Played All Generation 1 and 2 both. Great pacing on the unlocks and a good amount of extras to unlock with the in game currency you pick up in levels as well. You have to level up in order to unlock meter for Rider Finale's and you play with a partner (AI or Buddy). If they have a duo Rider Finale (Like W and OOOs) they will do it when you trigger yours if you are close together. FInale's are badass in this game and all trigger a cinematic. Also you can buy in the shop your character's "Special item" to unlock more stuff for them. For most its their Rider Finale, but for others its forms. Decade you have to buy his stuff several times to unlock all the characters he can turn into (he just does 1 move though but it creates custom combo opportunity.)

The combat is actually pretty okay. Easily on par with old school 90's arcade beat em ups like X-men but with more to do. Not a lot of enemy variety like Xmen, but a ton of boss villains appear from the show and each stage has achievements that if you do them you get special new stages unlocked to try or even Riders unlocked to use. You do see everything from mooks, to yummies, to bazooka tortoises and everthing in between and they do all get different attacks. Some don't differ much though and their are a LOT of stages. Thankfully there are so many unlocks per level or in the item shop to keep you playing that it never gets old and theres always someone new to use. Roster is HUGE and they all play and function differently. Hell Stronger gets electrical boosts as he goes on and his attacks get beefier. One dude can trigger invulnerability and form changers like OOO's are a treat unto themselves.

Beating All Rider Generation 2 nets you all the bad guy boss Riders to play like Eternal. There are some good combos with some Riders, but its mainly old school stuff and nothing long or fancy. You got a light attack, a heavy, form changing, a jump button and if you tap your icon at the bottom of the screen you get to use the items you bought. Stat boost drops appear in addition to loot in stages and theres apparently a story. Everything is translated and explained on the All Rider Generation 2 wikia for both games to make life easier.

Thats pretty much both games in a nutshell. They're pretty old school, but damned fun at doing it so I say they are worth buying. I certainly enjoyed them both and would say it was money well spent and with a friend its pretty fun. The levels even get challenging if you take them on in the various difficulties (you select the difficulty PER STAGE).

Hope this helps. I say get em.

AGITΩ

I'll buy it...but I can't say I'm excited. They've been shitting all over Heisei Riders Pre Decade (sans Den-O, even then the Original Den-O got retconned). So voice and role representation might still be garbage.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's already a bad sign similar to Climax Heroes when all the grunts in the screens look the same. I know that's the case for typical Kamen Rider episodes, but they're doing a game crossover, so there's no reason not to have different types scattered together.

shaowebb

It's already a bad sign similar to Climax Heroes when all the grunts in the screens look the same. I know that's the case for typical Kamen Rider episodes, but they're doing a game crossover, so there's no reason not to have different types scattered together.

Unless the stage is themed off of an episode from a particular Rider's show :\

All I know is I'm buying the game to pre-order the sound edition straight off and then afterwards doing whatever I have to in order to be able to play it. Keeping my fingers crossed that Tajador's theme is on that list. Hell if Birth makes it in I want Reverse ReBirth in as well. Kamen Rider OOO's had some awesome tracks. I think both of those might be on the Combo Form CD they put out.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Too bad no one has subbed it all in english yet.

What from Shinkenger isn't subbed yet?

It's been confirmed that Chronicle Mode has stages based on parts from each Rider's show, so yeah, there actually is a reason we didn't see different types scattered together in the trailer. I'm sure the later stages, once all the Riders are together, will have mixed grunts.

Top Bottom