• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider Battride War (PS3) announced in Dengeki Playstation [Details]

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We know what secondary riders are playable yet? I know Date was doing voice overs for Birth, but I wonder if you can actually play as him.

...Mainly want Diend.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The next couple of weeks can't go by fast enough. ;_; I can't remember the last time I was this hyped for a game. :lol

By the way, I'm going to start working on the OT soon, and I should have it posted on Thursday.

We know what secondary riders are playable yet? I know Date was doing voice overs for Birth, but I wonder if you can actually play as him.

...Mainly want Diend.

So far all we know is that Accel and Beast are playable. Diend is in the game, but we don't know if he's playable or not. My money's on not.

tumblr_lpyrktRZGf1qmx94go1_1280.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/bljs10219.html

Game hub for Battride War on Playstation.com. Confirms the playable roster is as follows:

Kuuga
Agito
Ryuki
Faiz
Blade
Hibiki
Kabuto
Den-O
Kiva
Decade
W
Accel
OOO
Birth
Fourze
Meteor
Wizard
Beast

So as I thought, only the Neo-Heisei secondary Riders are playable. Still, a roster of 18 characters is pretty great.
Bummer about no Diend or Skull. DLC maybe? Not like they can do costume DLC.

Sora_N

No IXA or Gatack makes me sad.

I'm hyped as hell, I have never imported a game before for PS3 (I had 2 friends buy me copies of FFXIII and FFXIII-2 when they went to Asia though). I hope it doesn't take that long...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
No IXA or Gatack makes me sad.

I'm hyped as hell, I have never imported a game before for PS3 (I had 2 friends buy me copies of FFXIII and FFXIII-2 when they went to Asia though). I hope it doesn't take that long...

With EMS shipping it should only take between 3-6 days.

And yeah, I'm super hyped as well. This is the Kamen Rider game I've always wanted. These next couple of weeks are going to go by so slowly. ;_; I've got Sleeping Dogs and DMC3 to keep me occupied until then, and the new season of Arrested Development coming up as well, but still...I need this game noooooow.

No Gills, G3, or IXA. Son, I am disappoint.

Didn't we see New Den-O? Or is he just going to be a NPC?

NPC.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
With EMS shipping it should only take between 3-6 days.

And yeah, I'm super hyped as well. This is the Kamen Rider game I've always wanted. These next couple of weeks are going to go by so slowly. ;_; I've got Sleeping Dogs and DMC3 to keep me occupied until then, and the new season of Arrested Development coming up as well, but still...I need this game noooooow.

You and me both. Hope this does well and gets a Sentai version then an 'Orochi' style mashup with both and Metal Heroes,.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You and me both. Hope this does well and gets a Sentai version then an 'Orochi' style mashup with both and Metal Heroes,.

Sentai only gets shit games, though. It's like the unspoken rule these days. :lol That Gokaiger/Shinkenger/Goranger game on the Wii was garbage, the Gokaiger DS game was garbage, and the Kyoryuger game for the 3DS looks like it's gonna be shit too. Last good one I can remember playing was the Hurricanger game for PS1 (game looked amazing for a PS1 game, too). Space Sheriff Spirits on the PS2 was pretty bad too (and that was the first time they'd tried a Metal Hero game since...the NES, I think?).

Gokaiger would have been the best opportunity they had to make a good Sentai game, and they blew it. And in all honesty, a musou style Sentai game would be pretty difficult to do, just because of the sheer number of characters you'd have to put in. You'd either have to go for a huge roster full of characters with mostly cloned movesets, or a smaller roster consisting of...Reds and Sixths? I guess? A Sentai musou game would be a logistical nightmare. :lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
To be fair, most Kamen Rider games are terrible. Fanservice aside, that DS game was shallow as hell. And I absolutely think a sentai musou would be reds and sixths.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
To be fair, most Kamen Rider games are terrible. Fanservice aside, that DS game was shallow as hell. And I absolutely think a sentai musou would be reds and sixths.

Which DS game? Rider Generation? While I'll admit the first one wasn't very good at all, the PSP version of Rider Generation 2 is fantastic. Great old-school style beat 'em up with a nice leveling system and an absolute shit-ton of characters. I've put a ton of time into it. And the Climax Heroes series...well, it started off absolutely awful (small roster, shitty unfinished characters, etc), but by the time Climax Heroes Fourze came around, it had become a really good fighter, and Super Climax Heroes only improved upon that, to the point where I'd call it a genuinely great game. Go back further than that, to the PS1 and PS2 eras, and...yeah, only the Kabuto game is any good out of those. The rest are shitty cash-in fighters thrown together with little care for quality. The Kabuto game, on the other hand, had some really good ideas and was pretty unique as far as fighters go. And I know some people swear Seigi no Keifu is a good game, but I just don't see it.

But yeah, Super Climax Heroes and Rider Generation 2 are absolutely great games. And I'm sure Battride War will be as well. Things are finally picking up for the KR franchise, video game-wise.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Also, if there's one thing that bugs me about Battride War, it's this:

Uf4dboi.jpg

Look at how cluttered that HUD is. Lifebar, enemy lifebar, combo counter, belt display, map, mission description...far, far too much of the on-screen real estate is taken up by various things. I really hope you can turn at least some of that stuff off.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
credit to Thunder 025 on henshinjustice for this forms post. Not sure where he got it from though.

Free Form Change
Attack Only
Power Up (Timed)

Kamen Rider Kuuga
Mighty Form (Rising)
Dragon Form (Rising)
Pegasus Form (Rising)
Titan Form (Rising)
Amazing Mighty Form
Ultimate Form
Bike: TryChaser 2000 (All Forms can use it)

Kamen Rider Agito
Ground Form
Flame Form
Storm Form
Trinity Form
Shining Form
Bike: Machine Tornader

Kamen Rider Ryuki
Main Form
Survive Mode
Bike: RideShooter (Main Form), Dragranzer (Survive Mode)

Kamen Rider Faiz
Main Form
Axel Form (10 sec use)
Blaster Form
Bike: AutoVajin (Main and Blaster Form can use it)

Kamen Rider Blade
Ace Form
King Form
Bike: Blue Spader (Ace and King Form can use it)

Kamen Rider Hibiki
Main Form
Hibiki Kurenai
Hibiki Soukou (Armed Hibiki)
Bike: Gaika (All forms can use it)

Kamen Rider Kabuto
Masked Form
Rider Form
Hyper Form
Bike: Kabuto Extender (All forms chan use it)

Kamen Rider Den-O
Sword Form
Rod Form
Ax Form
Gun Form
Liner Form
Climax Form
Bike: Machine DenBird (All forms can use it)

Kamen Rider Kiva
Kiva Form
Garulu Form
Basshaa Form
Dogga Form
DoGaBaKi Form
Emperor Form
Bike: Machine Kivar (Only Kiva and Emperor Form can use it) (?)

Kamen Rider Decade
Decade
Complete Form
Bike: Machine Decader (Decade and Complete form can use it)

Kamen Rider W
CycloneJoker
CycloneTrigger
CycloneMetal
HeatMetal
HeatJoker
HeatTrigger
LunaTrigger
LunaJoker
LunaMetal
FangJoker (standalone character) (?)
CycloneJokerXtreme
Bike: Machine HardBoilder (CycloneJoker, HeatMetal, LunaTrigger and CJX can use it)

Kamen Rider Accel
Accel
Accel Booster
Accel Trial
Bike: Bike Mode (Main form only)

Kamen Rider OOO
Tatoba Combo
Gatakiriba Combo
Latorartar Combo
Sagohzo Combo
Tajadol Combo
Shauta Combo
Putotyra Combo
Bike: Ride Vendor (All forms can use it)

Kamen Rider Birth
Birth
Birth-Day
Bike: Ride Vendor

Kamen Rider Fourze
Base States
Elek States
Fire States
Magnet States
Cosmic States
Bike: Machine Masshigler (All forms can use it)

Kamen Rider Meteor
Meteor
Bike: Machine MeteorStar

Kamen Rider Wizard
Flame Style
Water Style
Hurricane Style
Land Style
Flame Dragon (??)
Water Dragon (??)
Hurricane Dragon (??)
Land Dragon (??)
All Dragon
Infinity Style (DLC-only with no transformation required)
Bike: Machine Winger (All Styles can use it)

Kamen Rider Beast
Beast
Beast Hyper (DLC-only with no transformation required)
Bike: None (uses Falco Mantle instead)

Sora_N

Apparently the Asian version has been cancelled if Buygame2 are to be believed :/

I had my preorder in with Buygame2. Oh well, they offered me the Japanese version for around the same price so all's not lost.

Oh what the hell? Did you mean this one? "Kamen Rider Battride War - Hong Kong"? I never got any email from them, now I have another issue to deal with.

This is my first time ordering with BuyGame2, not having a pleasant experience at all. I didn't read that 'don't send payment yet' until confirmation, so I stupidly sent them the PayPal payment first after checkout. So my $72USD was immediately taken from my PayPal balance, and it was an 'authorization'. I thought it was weird and ignored it (I paid on May 13th) since the money left my account already.

A few days ago, they sent me an email saying yo you didn't pay yet, and I told them I did pay with a screenshot. They say it was an authorization only. I called PayPal and they basically said the funds are on hold, and they can't do anything. The seller has to accept or decline. I already asked them to do SOMETHING with the transaction, I hope they respond soon because I'm pretty frustrated with this. Basically PayPal said they don't even know when the hold will expire so my $72 is floating around nowhere since BuyGame2 won't do anything. :/ I have just explained to them in another email, so I hope they actually take action.

Pretty sour experience so far.

Oh what the hell? Did you mean this one? "Kamen Rider Battride War - Hong Kong"? I never got any email from them, now I have another issue to deal with.

This is my first time ordering with BuyGame2, not having a pleasant experience at all. I didn't read that 'don't send payment yet' until confirmation, so I stupidly sent them the PayPal payment first after checkout. So my $72USD was immediately taken from my PayPal balance, and it was an 'authorization'. I thought it was weird and ignored it (I paid on May 13th) since the money left my account already.

A few days ago, they sent me an email saying yo you didn't pay yet, and I told them I did pay with a screenshot. They say it was an authorization only. I called PayPal and they basically said the funds are on hold, and they can't do anything. The seller has to accept or decline. I already asked them to do SOMETHING with the transaction, I hope they respond soon because I'm pretty frustrated with this. Basically PayPal said they don't even know when the hold will expire so my $72 is floating around nowhere since BuyGame2 won't do anything. :/ I have just explained to them in another email, so I hope they actually take action.

Pretty sour experience so far.

Sorry to hear that. It can take them a few days to get back to emails etc, so they should be back to you soon hopefully. Honestly, this is the only negative I've ever had with them. They're great most of the time.

Top Bottom