• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider Drive |OT| START YOUR ENGINE AND DRIVE THE KAMEN RIDER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vareon

Wait, the slowdown wasn't faked? Gou totally looked like his legs fell asleep or something.

This isn't like clock-up or a big CGI blowout. So why are they cheaping out on a simple slow-motion effect?

I guess that's because the slowdown affects selectively so either they have to shoot twice (therefore budget!) or shoot once with some actors acting the slowdown.

I'm...not sure what happened to the budget, lol.

WarRock

RhMQ36b.jpg
dude what

Anyway, why did Brain changed his mind about Chase's identity so quick?

javadoze

Kamen Rider Drive episode 14

Looks like Mach penchant for posing and role calling got him into trouble already. Now that the whole cat is out of the bag with the whole (dunno if I should be spoilertagging this at all)
Chase is Proto-Drive thing,
I wonder if they'll actually have him join up with the heroes or if they'll (next episode preview spoilers)
just have Brain... brainwash him and play out the whole Drive VS Machine Chaser dynamic just a bit longer.

Then again, this is Riku Sanjo we're talking about. He tends to not really draw out arcs longer than needed if his previous shows are anything to go by.

EDIT: Actually, Keichi Hasegawa wrote this and the next episode. So I dunno?

Defuser

dude what

Anyway, why did Brain changed his mind about Chase's identity so quick?
Imo I sure Brain don't like Chase considering how annoyed he was to Chase for the past few episodes so probably he wants to screw over Chase the first chance he gets.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
What I don't understand is that Krin clearly knows who Proto Rider was. He must've known since he saw Chase showing up for the first time - He even know about the system to combine bikes.

And after Shinnosuke told him about he being 000... there's no way he didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Why hasn't he said anything.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Dramatic moment at the end

But man I'm laughing at dat CGI

What I don't understand is that Krin clearly knows who Proto Rider was. He must've known since he saw Chase showing up for the first time - He even know about the system to combine bikes.

And after Shinnosuke told him about he being 000... there's no way he didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Yeah I'm surprised he doesn't talk during that scene.

javadoze

At this point, I think he's probably keeping silent about it for whatever reason.
Dramatic moment at the end

But man I'm laughing at dat CGI

Yeah, CGI parts have me thinking "please...no...spend your budget on something better...". (Though I admit that the Mach/Chaser biker fusion is kinda interesting.)

Tomari has the best henshin pose in years (since I don't know, Blade?) while Gou has the worst.

I enjoyed Gaim, W, Decade, and Kabuto. Gaim's is showy, while W, Decade, and Kabuto are lighter and work on the same basic idea.

Kaixa is probably one of my all time favorites. Simple and too the point.

(Damn. Looking at Faiz videos reminds me I really loved everything about the Faiz Rider Gears.)

why does he have a radar

Its an RPM meter... I think?

But I started watching this a week ago (I like to let them build up then binge :p ) its pretty enjoyable so far, handsome main character, cute side kick I dig it. Though I find it odd no one can think the guy is the Kamen Rider when he casually drives the same car, or at least get a little suspicious of the over done thing.

Guess no one can put together that the color scheme is the same too since no one has really seen him in the rider form without being slowed down.

WarRock

Uh, they switched directors for this episode, right? And was that the first Rider fastball special ever?

how the fuck did he get Colorful Commercial right in the guess the shift car part

WarRock

He is a showman after all. A shame he didn't try to impose his catchphrase during the dual henshin scene this episode.

Corgi

Banned
makes no sense for anyone to get it next week. Probably the week after.

Suit seems like one of them berserk suits ala FangJoker.

javadoze

A magazine scan just came out showing off DeadHeat Mach and to nobody's surprise...

...He looks totally goofy as well (now with bigger jawline!)

Meanwhile, Type HighSpeed just looks pretty despite being a simple silver recolor of the normal Type Speed suit.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Wait, so Shinnosuke knew that Chase was Proto Drive and "was trying to help him"?

For how long? That's the most "off camera events" explanation I've ever seen.

Boss Doggie

Wait, so Shinnosuke knew that Chase was Proto Drive and "was trying to help him"?

I thought it was more like he got an inkling ever since Crim was all "wait, he can use the Shift Cars?"

WarRock

Bothered me too. I am guessing that this happened in some Secret Mission we haven't seen.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Bothered me too. I am guessing that this happened in some Secret Mission we haven't seen.

Did something happen in the Summer Movie along those lines?

But yeah, that confused me as well...also, do the people who were turned blue by the Roidmude die? Or do you think they're healed after the Roidmude is defeated?

Boss Doggie

Well, there were also those people who turned red.

Also they said they're still alive but unconscious.

Watch Da Birdie

New scans are out showing the DeadHeat's in full...apparently Drive DeadHeat has a berserk mode issue.

We also see Professor Harley Hedricksen, who made Mach...and well, he looks like a Hell's Angel basically.

ahdurian

New scans are out showing the DeadHeat's in full...apparently Drive DeadHeat has a berserk mode issue.

We also see Professor Harley Hedricksen, who made Mach...and well, he looks like a Hell's Angel basically.

maybe it's the same with Mach, and that's why he releases steam after the helmet goes up

ahdurian

I thought it was more like he got an inkling ever since Crim was all "wait, he can use the Shift Cars?"

I'm going with Secret Mission....
Just went back on some of hte Episodes
Ep.11 is when we find out about 000
Ep.12 is Mach's debut
Ep.13 Drive assists Mach by fending off Chaser, and asks him about ProtoDrive

Watch Da Birdie

The dude who plays Harley Hendricksen is a Toku-Vet, he was the scientist who created Super-1 as well so I wonder if we might see a nod to that in SHT.

He...pretty much looks like that irl. He's half-Norwegian.

vareon

Am I just imagining it, or now the girls (Kiriko, Rinna, and Medic) have larger roles than the girls in Gaim?

WarRock

You want the scientists to develop police gear? Drive has you covered bro.

@vareon
The supporting cast as a whole has way more importance than Gaim's.

Am I just imagining it, or now the girls (Kiriko, Rinna, and Medic) have larger roles than the girls in Gaim?

I think with Gaim and Drive, the production team is starting to realize you don't necessarily need to ignore the female cast or make them into MacGuffins. they don't necessarily slot in the main demographics the show is aimed at, but they can do things. I'm hoping for another female Rider (Marika-style, with her own design) in the nest few years, but it looks like that depends on it being a multi-Rider show.

vareon

Are we going to start with the debating feminism in toku now? Don't turn this into Rangerboard.

Huh, what feminism debate? I just like to see the heroines have more roles in the story and Drive so far delivered. In general, I always like the "Hero(es) + his crew" concept, like Fourze and Go-Busters, but the supporting crew in GB were so undeveloped and Gaim's an oddball since we can argue that the supporting crew are the other riders (let's not talk about Wizard). So it's good to see the other crews kicking ass again.

javadoze

Drive 16

Really digging the directing for this episode, I guess this is a different guy because the cinematography in this episode felt pretty... dynamic? I dunno, last episode had some interesting moments but this one really stood out to me. Most of the characters had something to do (even Gou and Medic seemed less awkward), Kiriko got some cool upgrades, and the plot seemed like it could've been wrapped up nicely this episode.

yami4ct

They are way more important/visible and treated way better as well. That's not hard to do when Gaim treated its female cast so damn horribly. Probably the thing that put me off the most about that show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom