• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kancolle Community |OT| - Torpedo Cruiser? I hardly knew 'er.

Oh my she has some heavy ordinance.

Oh and I forgot I finally got her...

pmM0qLz.jpg
So I don't have to use my seaplane tenders for the pre-battle torpedo attack.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Other than the fact that they are "rare", is there any reason to keep dupes of the Kongou ships? I keep getting everyone but Haruna... just want that fourth fleet so I can think about doing those absurdly long expeditions.

Supposedly Musashi construction chance raised a bit until next maintenance...
still Hyuuga sisters drop for me :(

Other than the fact that they are "rare", is there any reason to keep dupes of the Kongou ships? I keep getting everyone but Haruna... just want that fourth fleet so I can think about doing those absurdly long expeditions.
no

Slowly grinding Kirishima to kai ni, I love her look which is why I'm focusing on her first.

Also just trying to level my fleet so I can do the expedition that need all girls levels to equal 200.

Josephl64

Semi related, but I played some World of Warships matches recently and this is pretty much what happens every matches.

War is getting stranger and stranger.

never played, I take it isn't that different from World of Tanks? (and yes I'll admit to using the Girls und Panzer mod for that)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, nothing big in-game happened for me since last time I posted but I did get 3 puzzles and finished one:

Maid

Banned
never played, I take it isn't that different from World of Tanks? (and yes I'll admit to using the Girls und Panzer mod for that)

Torpedo is super OP. That's the only thing I got from that game. And you have much more leisure time for maneuver and aiming/firing, thus people have way too much free time and the chat is filled with Poi.

People got pissed off and tried to fight back but it has no use against the glorious Nippon fleet.

I'm reading "The Imperial Japanese Navy in the Pacific War" by Mark Stille now. Its more like a reference book about Japanese ships in that period. About guns, radars and other equipment too. I think you are looking this kind of book.

PSA: The kindle version of Azusa's recommendation is currently dirt cheap on Amazon - £1.29 on UK, under $2 on US (price may vary on other regional Amazons):

ijnjhuey.jpg

As expected I ordered her. She's my first Medicchu and hopefully my last. Nendos already take up every bit of storage in my room (currently all in their boxes minus a few until I can move again).

Well, if you're only going to get one I'd say you made a good choice ;).

Nafe

Hello. I've been kind of curious to try this game out. I have a question regarding the lottery process and was wondering if anyone knew how long a session lasted? I see it's recommended one refresh the page about every 3-5 minutes, or possibly something else if the twitter post mentions it, but for how long should one expect to do this for?

I was just curious if it was fairly quick or if it could go on for an hour or two, even with the possibility of thousands of people trying to enter. When it's over is it that everyone will see the page where all the servers are full or something like that?

Maid

Banned
Usually the lottery took about a hour depends on how fast the slots are filled up, and you could follow their Twitter to see the timestamp for when it starts. I heard it's kinda easier nowadays, since they have more slots for each lottery.

Nafe

Usually the lottery took about a hour depends on how fast the slots are filled up, and you could follow their Twitter to see the timestamp for when it starts. I heard it's kinda easier nowadays, since they have more slots for each lottery.

Okay. Thank you for your answer.

For example, If half an hour had gone by and I hadn't gotten in yet, I wasn't sure if I would almost be out of time, or not to worry as they could last for an hour and a half and I still had plenty of chances for that particular go.

Maid

Banned
Okay. Thank you for your answer.

For example, If half an hour had gone by and I hadn't gotten in yet, I wasn't sure if I would almost be out of time, or not to worry as they could last for an hour and a half and I still had plenty of chances for that particular go.

I think as long as all slots are filled up, the lottery end, and you will see the notification that it's ended. If you are unsure about the process, you can read it here.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nafe, you really should ask for an account via himeuta if you don't want to deal with the hassle of going through the lottery yourself. There are dudes who are making 10 accounts each per lottery.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
RNG-sama is on my side. Finally got Haruna. Now I can start blowing stuff on Carriers and Submarine construction.

Ooi saves her at the last second, calling it.
I assume it's Fubuki with the Yamato fleet, since they sort of heavy-highhandedly referred to it via flashback.

Nafe

Nafe, you really should ask for an account via himeuta if you don't want to deal with the hassle of going through the lottery yourself. There are dudes who are making 10 accounts each per lottery.

Thanks but there's no need. I've got an account through the lottery now.

Maybe I got really lucky but I got in after my first page reload and only waiting five minutes.

I saw it mentioned where you could actually go to the page up to about five minutes early. The lottery was at 8:30 pm Japan time, so I clicked on the link at 8:26 and got the page with the girl and cat. I cleared my cache and waited until 8:31 before reloading the page. This time I got the page with the sever listings. Most were already full but there were three or four that weren't. I picked one and was in.

Chariot

Ooi saves her at the last second, calling it.

I assume it's Fubuki with the Yamato fleet, since they sort of heavy-highhandedly referred to it via flashback.
After doing some reading, they did had two blank pieces on the tactical map, without names. The shadow that watches Yamato going to see seems to be Taihou and let's not forget the secret orders. Although I don't know by what reason Akagi wasn't informed of anything.

Also of all the ships that are there, Kitakami seems to be one of the few that didn't sink at Midway in WW2 (she was also missing her death phrase).

I'm fine again. As loong as Oou and Kitakami survive, marry and be happy forever until they die at crippling old age, I am good.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Thanks but there's no need. I've got an account through the lottery now.

Maybe I got really lucky but I got in after my first page reload and only waiting five minutes.

I saw it mentioned where you could actually go to the page up to about five minutes early. The lottery was at 8:30 pm Japan time, so I clicked on the link at 8:26 and got the page with the girl and cat. I cleared my cache and waited until 8:31 before reloading the page. This time I got the page with the sever listings. Most were already full but there were three or four that weren't. I picked one and was in.
Yeah, it seems to be fairly easy now, which makes me wonder why they have the lottery at all. I just didn't want to deal with VPNs and stalking twitter.

Anyway, good luck now that you are in. lol

I recommend doing 30/30/30/30 constructions to try to get the ships you need to unlock the 3rd fleet, then going for a carrier build so that you can get Akagi for free later. That will help you get through the first world in the game at least.

After doing some reading, they did had two blank pieces on the tactical map, without names. The shadow that watches Yamato going to see seems to be Taihou and let's not forget the secret orders. Although I don't know by what reason Akagi wasn't informed of anything.

Also of all the ships that are there, Kitakami seems to be one of the few that didn't sink at Midway in WW2 (she was also missing her death phrase).

I'm fine again. As loong as Oou and Kitakami survive, marry and be happy forever until they die at crippling old age, I am good.
I have no idea if they're going to stick to history, because I mean, Japan loses WW2 and pretty much every ship is sunk in the war or shortly after the war as target practice. lol

Chariot

I have no idea if they're going to stick to history, because I mean, Japan loses WW2 and pretty much every ship is sunk in the war or shortly after the war as target practice. lol
I am pretty sure that the hints we got so far lead to the whole war being changed thanks to Fubuki and the insistence of the admiral to have certain things changed or fixed that seem weird. Akagi's dream also let's me think that this happened before. Maybe they replay the mission, or somebody is a time traveller or this is a unique repeat of the things that happened in actual WW2 (they are the souls after all).

Although a dark, "historic" ending would be... interesting.
Ooi's love is one-sided.
I think Kitakami likes her too, just way less expressive. I mean, it's not like Ooi is super subtle about it and Kitakami doesn't mind have Ooi hanging around all day. Maybe she just enjoys a breather once in a while.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I think they should do more anime. But with different takes rather than continuing the story.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I think Kitakami likes her too, just way less expressive. I mean, it's not like Ooi is super subtle about it and Kitakami doesn't mind have Ooi hanging around all day. Maybe she just enjoys a breather once in a while.

I agree actually. Ooi's love is a bit more... obsessive :)

So many yuri couples...
I like Nagato & Mutsu, and in other media Tenryuu & Tatsuta.

Chariot

I think they should do more anime. But with different takes rather than continuing the story.
I want a full fledged action anime with a dramatic storyline and tactics. If it runs longer than one season we could get it working with the cute SoL aspect.
I agree actually. Ooi's love is a bit more... obsessive :)

So many yuri couples...
I like Nagato & Mutsu, and in other media Tenryuu & Tatsuta.
Realy loved Mutsu's clear words in last week's episode. How could Nagato not just go after her, I will never understand.

But yeah, what actually happened to Tenryuu and Tatsuta? They were named once, but never shown or properly introduced.

Nafe

Yeah, it seems to be fairly easy now, which makes me wonder why they have the lottery at all. I just didn't want to deal with VPNs and stalking twitter.

Anyway, good luck now that you are in. lol

I recommend doing 30/30/30/30 constructions to try to get the ships you need to unlock the 3rd fleet, then going for a carrier build so that you can get Akagi for free later. That will help you get through the first world in the game at least.

Yeah, I was wondering why they still have a lottery as well,haha.

I got three ship girls playing 1-1 node A four or five times. I then got another ship girl moving on to try the boss at node C and completing 1-1. You need "development materials" for ship building right? Is there a good spot to get that right at the beginning of the game?

For the first boss node I waited until I had four to five ships and they were level 2-3. Is there anywhere as far as recommended levels for the different maps? I just don't want any of my ship girls to get sunk if I can avoid it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I was wondering why they still have a lottery as well,haha.

I got three ship girls playing 1-1 node A four or five times. I then got another ship girl moving on to try the boss at node C and completing 1-1. You need "development materials" for ship building right? Is there a good spot to get that right at the beginning of the game?

For the first boss node I waited until I had four to five ships and they were level 2-3. Is there anywhere as far as recommended levels for the different maps? I just don't want any of my ship girls to get sunk if I can avoid it.

If you do the quests, you'll get development materials from doing those. It's why you want to prioritize unlocking fleet 3 and 4 as soon as you can, so you can do more quests.

Ships can only be sunk if you continue a mission after a battle where a ship is in the red. Basically the kanji/chinese for "BIG" means you don't want to battle. If you accidentally do go into battle, just quit your browser ASAP as you can usually cancel out of a battle that way.

I think the first few maps of world 1 are relatively easy. World 1-4 becomes hard because they introduce carriers and you don't really have a counter until you get your own carriers and battleships to at least try to counter them.

Also, use Kancolle Viewer if you aren't already. Even if you can read the Japanese, having access to all your information in a simple manner makes life easier than using the flash interface.

I am pretty sure that the hints we got so far lead to the whole war being changed thanks to Fubuki and the insistence of the admiral to have certain things changed or fixed that seem weird. Akagi's dream also let's me think that this happened before. Maybe they replay the mission, or somebody is a time traveller or this is a unique repeat of the things that happened in actual WW2 (they are the souls after all).
It's too bad the game doesn't have American ships, because it would be neat if an American fleet just showed up at the last minute to save them.

Nafe

If you do the quests, you'll get development materials from doing those. It's why you want to prioritize unlocking fleet 3 and 4 as soon as you can, so you can do more quests.

Ships can only be sunk if you continue a mission after a battle where a ship is in the red. Basically the kanji/chinese for "BIG" means you don't want to battle. If you accidentally do go into battle, just quit your browser ASAP as you can usually cancel out of a battle that way.

I think the first few maps of world 1 are relatively easy. World 1-4 becomes hard because they introduce carriers and you don't really have a counter until you get your own carriers and battleships to at least try to counter them.

Also, use Kancolle Viewer if you aren't already. Even if you can read the Japanese, having access to all your information in a simple manner makes life easier than using the flash interface.

Taking a quick look and it still seems like you don't get many,haha.

It looks like all six of the girls I have are destroyers and I need to get one that's a Light Cruiser to get access to the second fleet.

It looks like the Kancolle Viewer only works in Internet Explorer? Is that right?

It's too bad the game doesn't have American ships, because it would be neat if an American fleet just showed up at the last minute to save them.

I kind of want to have the option to have a fleet of the apostle characters,haha.
I guess there's no where near as many though.

Chariot

Uh, well. The show itself had to be a little bit different for that to happen. If they would pull that now, it would pretty much an asspull, because nothing even hinted at outside relations. Hell, we're even missing inside relations.

But in another show where the theme would be that of "holding a grudge" and having others "holding a grudge" would be interesting.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Taking a quick look and it still seems like you don't get many,haha.

It looks like all six of the girls I have are destroyers and I need to get one that's a Light Cruiser to get access to the second fleet.

It looks like the Kancolle Viewer only works in Internet Explorer? Is that right?

I kind of want to have the option to have a fleet of the apostle characters,haha.
I guess there's no where near as many though.
The viewer actually uses an instance of IE, so it just requires it to be installed IIRC.
You'll get LCs pretty quickly though. I think for fleet 3, you'll need the Sendai class.

Top Bottom