• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kancolle Community |OT| - Torpedo Cruiser? I hardly knew 'er.

fIa5A92.png

J-j-j-jokes on you Wo-class I wanted to to spend the next several hours relaxing a-a-a-anyway.

Ugghhh. Everything hates me and Mogami is the only one who can dodge for shit.

StayDead

I finally beat 2-4 and have moved onto 3-1. Apparently 3-2 is worse than 2-4 so I don't know if I can be happy or not haha.

Got Ooi and KTKM as both Torpedo Cruisers now and about to get Midget subs through Chitose A. LET THE PAIN BEGIN >:D

I finally beat 2-4 and have moved onto 3-1. Apparently 3-2 is worse than 2-4 so I don't know if I can be happy or not haha.

Got Ooi and KTKM as both Torpedo Cruisers now and about to get Midget subs through Chitose A. LET THE PAIN BEGIN >:D
Believe in your Destroyers-chan for 3-2
What is Weiss Kreuz btw?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Should I worry about grinding submarines from 1-5? I feel like I've been leveling too quickly by doing that and the most I've gotten is one submarine and doubles of the seaplane carriers.

Azusa

Tried today to craft some battleships. Got a new one on the second try.

It's my second battleship so far.

5toJApR.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tried today to craft some battleships. Got a new one on the second try.

It's my second battleship so far.

5toJApR.png
Got two of her from drops. The RNG feels bad, considering I don't have room for dupes now.

Also, I should probably slow down since I'm close to level 30. I guess it's just easier to build subs than to try to grind 1-5, since I'm levelling way too fast. lol

Josephl64

Should I worry about grinding submarines from 1-5? I feel like I've been leveling too quickly by doing that and the most I've gotten is one submarine and doubles of the seaplane carriers.

I still don't have a submarine and just skipped 1-5 for world 2...I just didn't feel like it was worth it right now. Maybe later I'll get one since I'm bound to need one eventually.

Saprol

Got two of her from drops. The RNG feels bad, considering I don't have room for dupes now.

Also, I should probably slow down since I'm close to level 30. I guess it's just easier to build subs than to try to grind 1-5, since I'm levelling way too fast. lol
Overleveling seems less painful given that the devs added difficulty settings to events. Maybe they won't do it every time. Not sure cause I returned to the game just before the last event. So glad I could pick easy mode to get the ship rewards.

Raising your level too high will still cause the extra maps to be harder (1-5, 2-5, etc). So 1-5 becomes less useful for grinding low level DD/CL once an elite sub appears at the first node at lv80.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I still don't have a submarine and just skipped 1-5 for world 2...I just didn't feel like it was worth it right now. Maybe later I'll get one since I'm bound to need one eventually.
The wikia talks about having fleets of subs for 2-3, so I've been afraid to approach it right now. But I'm also leveling way too fast though. lol

Josephl64

Yeah I'm level 15 and tackling 2-3 right now.

Luckily I just got my superweapon randomly after making a battleship for a quest. I wasted 1000s of resources looking for Zuihou, but decided to wait for awhile, and she pops up as my battleship~

B_NsH45U4AAlxKJ.png

Josephl64

Lucky. lol
I spent some resources trying to get another sub and I got Ooi instead. :/

I don't know if I'm lucky since every day I at least spend several hundred looking for Zuihou and still fail :'(

That being said it's wonderful I finally got the lovely Kongou. She pretty much singlehandedly wrecked 2-3 which I was stuck on before.

And this is my main fleet now...

B_N57S2U4AAs4kL.png

Was lucky and able to get another Zuiun for Mogami which has thusly increased my airpower and she's now truly playing the role of a secondary carrier in my main fleet along with Junyou who is my main carrier.

DBeXjNi.png

(These equips are probably awful and someone who knows more than me will probably die inside when they see this)

Been thinking of leveling my Seaplane tender Chiyoda and see how she can work.

Azusa

I have levelled 6 DD and 3 CL to the first Kai grinding first two nodes in the 1-5. And my HQ level is only 20.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have levelled 6 DD and 3 CL to the first Kai grinding first two nodes in the 1-5. And my HQ level is only 20.
I grinded way too much, it seems, since I'm at 29. I almost feel like I should start grinding my DDs now before I hit 40 and screw myself.

guys what happend to the equipment when you remodel a ship? lost forever? it is better to unequip everything before remodelling?

Since I'm having no luck getting any other carriers I'm going to turn both my Seaplane Tenders into Light carriers and it won't take long since they turn into them at level 15!

SEE RNG!? I FIGURED OUT A WAY AROUND YOUR ASS!

Azusa

I have so many Chitose. Maybe 7 or 9. Don't know what to do with them.

I have also several other girls that like planes: Hiyou, Houshou, Ryuujou and Akagi. I'm leveling mainly Akagi and Ryuujou.

StayDead

Started farming 1-5 to level the Akatsuki sisters before I do 3-2 and before my teitoku level goes too high to effectively farm it easily (currently 31, it changes at 39). Got I-58 from it! :D

H4W9jbs.png

I have so many Chitose. Maybe 7 or 9. Don't know what to do with them.

Level them to 15 and remodel for Type A Ko-hyoteki, then scrap/modernize.

These are a must-have for torpedo cruisers like KTKM/Ooi and can enable subs to do pre-emptive torpedo before they hit level 10.

Level them to 15 and remodel for Type A Ko-hyoteki, then scrap/modernize.

These are a must-have for torpedo cruisers like KTKM/Ooi and can enable subs to do pre-emptive torpedo before they hit level 10.
Oh yeah that Type A Ko-hyotek is an amazing thing. Wish I actually had any of the girls that turn into torpedo cruisers though, I'll still make use of it on my Seaplane Tenders.

Top Bottom