• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kancolle Community |OT| - Torpedo Cruiser? I hardly knew 'er.

Volume 1 LE Blu Ray set:

iWR1O7yiIGooc.jpg

igkyGL8urrCqa.jpg

I have the feeling the Vita version isn't the same as PC one, and it's a different game. Furthermore, as far as I know there is no way to mask your connection on Vita, and Kancolle requires you to have Japan IP in order to play.

Looking at the trailer again I feel like I can confirm it's probably going to be exactly the same as the PC ver, but with minor changes to make it more suitable for the vita. There's no way they release it retail price and require you to be online to play so there's that I guess.

The trailer in case some haven't seen it for whatever reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tEvFFtSh0E

thx guys.

btw just got in 30 mins ago, lottery was super easy (took me only 3 refreshes) and the cookie trick worked without any vpn

The BD box makes me think of the white paper book, haha probably just the white and blue with Fubuki.

Been a little behind on KanColle recently, just watched the most recent episode yesterday and only logged in to do some dailies. 3-3's been causing me hassle ^^;

Maid

Banned
thx guys.

btw just got in 30 mins ago, lottery was super easy (took me only 3 refreshes) and the cookie trick worked without any vpn

I also use a cookie trick, but I heard reports that it could lead to ban, so I'm not sure how much risk is that.

Also, I heard 2-2 is a great place to obtain some BB if you haven't managed to get one. You just need some CV with torpedos aircraft.

Azusa

Uhm. Is she good or just a waifu?

QzqPCmR.png

What type of ships should I build at first? I'm spamming 30/30/30/30 mostly. I did one time 250/30/200/30 and I got Shimakaze also I have one 300/30/400/300 in process.

What type of ships should I build at first? I'm spamming 30/30/30/30 mostly. I did one time 250/30/200/30 and I got Shimakaze also I have one 300/30/400/300 in process.

She has pretty good overall stats, high evasion, high torpedo. But in the end there is no good or bad, just mostly RNG.

If you want something that can melt through the first few maps then try a battleship. Otherwise, just take it slow and keep doing the default recipe, and throw in a CV(L) or BB recipe if you have the resources to spare.

Eventually you'll unlock more fleets and you'll want to start sending destroyers and light cruisers on expeditions for more resources. Having all Sendai class will unlock 3rd fleet and all Kongou class will unlock 4th.

Put Shimakaze as flagship and try to develop some anti-submarine equipment as well. After you clear 1-4, the extra operation 1-5 should unlock. It only has submarines and it's a good place for leveling destroyers and light cruisers.

Maid

Banned

QzqPCmR.png

She's rare, and pretty good. Not a waifu material, though.

For now you would want to get at least one BB first, so try BB recipe once a day. After try to get at least one CV. The easiest would be Akagi from the quest.

Well, just came back from the long hiatus, so I also need to relearn a lot of things.

Copycatken

Neo Member
So, should I just replace all my DD to CL/CA/CVL/etc? Stat wise other ships are better, isn't it?

No, you should definitely keep some DD in your fleet. There are minimum # of DD in fleet requirements to clear some levels. For example, to get to boss node in 3-2 level, you need a DD only fleet. Support missions also need at least two DD, IIRC.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

QzqPCmR.png

She's a great destroyer, cheap and doesn't have a kai2. You can modernize her to max after first remodel very early.

Josephl64

How do you beat 1-4? Do you need to start making your own aircraft carriers to counter theirs?

I remember really getting through easily once I got Akagi. You can apparently beat it with just destroyers, if you're having difficulty and have doubles of ships you can sacrifice the extras and "modernize". That might help. Also replace destroyers with Light Cruisers as you get them

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I remember really getting through easily once I got Akagi. You can apparently beat it with just destroyers, if you're having difficulty and have doubles of ships you can sacrifice the extras and "modernize". That might help. Also replace destroyers with Light Cruisers as you get them
Yeah, looking at the quest list, it looks like you need to build a carrier to get the Akagi quest, so I'm doing that now. Also poor Destroyers... one hit sends them into the red so fast.

Today is a glorious day.

Got my first battleship: Fuso

Also got:
Takao
Tatsuta
Furutaka
Tone

I feel like the firepower I've been lacking has been fully addressed.

STILL NO KONGOU SO WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER ANYWAY!? ;___;

Josephl64

Yeah, looking at the quest list, it looks like you need to build a carrier to get the Akagi quest, so I'm doing that now. Also poor Destroyers... one hit sends them into the red so fast.

she's pretty great, she's never failed to destroy destroyers and light cruisers in a single go~

firehawk12

Subete no aware
2-2 seems to be when stuff happens. Got two free battleships, including a Gold one, and a free CVL. I guess I just need to grind that to get the fourth fleet opened up though.

Maid

Banned
Yamashiro & Ashigara Kai Ni'd
B_AtkCsVAAExtd0.png:small
B_AtkQiU4AA1YWg.png:small

only 3 Kai Ni left

also, pixiv ranking mid-Feb

Shimakaze is #1? I always thought she's not as popular as other DD. Is it based on the amount of fanarts or the popularity poll?

I have almost 100/100 shipgirls. What to do with them?

Buy more slots.
Actually, it's time to part with other duplicated girls or one you don't want to keep at your side.

With the rate they pump out new ship girls, sooner or later you will have to buy more slots anyway.

Shimakaze is #1? I always thought she's not as popular as other DD. Is it based on the amount of fanarts or the popularity poll?

Based on artworks.

Shimakaze and Kongou are the poster girls of the franchise so if an artist does one or two KanColle artworks for whatever reasons then it will often feature one of the two girls.

If you look for search result then is Kaga the girl who is dominating the charts since 2014 - she also got the most doujinshi

Azusa

Buy more slots.
Actually, it's time to part with other duplicated girls or one you don't want to keep at your side.

With the rate they pump out new ship girls, sooner or later you will have to buy more slots anyway.

I remodelled Shimakaze and used all duplicates to modernize her.

Yeah, when times come I'll just buy more slot. I have already spent some on this game and bought two more slots at docks.

Maid

Banned
It's a wonder how some doujin changes your view towards specific ship girls. I can't tell you how much I hated Akebono when started playing and just scrapped her at first sight, until the day I read this pool.

If you look for search result then is Kaga the girl who is dominating the charts since 2014 - she also got the most doujinshi

All is right with the world.

Kinda hilarious looking at the 6th destroyers division result, though. Akatsuki is so below other 3 girls even though I always see them as a group or a pairs.

Kai'd Mogami so now she's a Aviation Cruiser because why not and god damn she has been a great addition to my main fleet. I've had her for some time actually but didn't think much of her in favor of my other heavy cruisers, but she's proven herself in the time I've had her as my flag as an Aviation Cruiser.

MSMrRound

New addition to the squad.

B_Bv4v5UwAA1pge.jpg:large

Finally another standard carrier other than Akagi. Time to show them the power of the Fifth Carrier Division! With yesterday's Kongou, I'm slowly starting to piece my anime special fleet together.

By the way, do you guys have any tips for purchasing additional docks etc? I heard the procedure can be rather troublesome?

Also, any ways to prevent my HQ level from rising too high? I have only been farming 3-2-1 as of late and most of my ships are still pretty crappy, but I'm at HQ level 42 already=/

In the anime when I hear mutsuki's voice all I see is Silica

That's me with Kongou. I shouldn't have marathoned the Nisekoi anime before I finally got in to Kancolle via the lottery. Now all I hear is Chitoge sprouting out random English phrases.

Azusa

By the way, do you guys have any tips for purchasing additional docks etc? I heard the procedure can be rather troublesome?

Purchased yesterday. Very easy.

Registered a card at DMM site without VPN. Then with VPN opened the game and tried to buy dock unlocks. Popup with yellow button redirected me to DMM site where I selected payment type and how many points I want to buy. And that's all. After purchase I was redirected back to game where I finally could buy what I wanted.

Josephl64

Yamashiro & Ashigara Kai Ni'd
B_AtkCsVAAExtd0.png:small
B_AtkQiU4AA1YWg.png:small

only 3 Kai Ni left

also, pixiv ranking mid-Feb

I'm so surprised Zuihou made it to the top 50

Purchased yesterday. Very easy.

Registered a card at DMM site without VPN. Then with VPN opened the game and tried to buy dock unlocks. Popup with yellow button redirected me to DMM site where I selected payment type and how many points I want to buy. And that's all. After purchase I was redirected back to game where I finally could buy what I wanted.

I wonder if you can get silver coins too?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Wow&#65281;Congratulation&#65281; <3

In other news 2-4 pls, I just want to go to the boss. Just once.

I remember I had to stack battleship and carriers, skip all the night battle just to get pass that level. It was painful doing repairs.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gah, what do you do with doubles of rares? I built a Kirishima and then today I just dropped another one... do you basically just use it for scrapping or modernization? Or is this like other f2p games were you need doubles to evolve the card?

Josephl64

Gah, what do you do with doubles of rares? I built a Kirishima and then today I just dropped another one... do you basically just use it for scrapping or modernization? Or is this like other f2p games were you need doubles to evolve the card?

never scrap unless it's for a quest. As for that...I guess either use her in another fleet or you can use her for modernization.

Just scrap or modernize. Though at this point there are more benefits from modernization.

Success rate of modernization increases with more ships as fodder so you could hold on to the duplicates for modernization purposes.

The only duplicates worth keeping are submarines and ships that remodel into other ships. To remodel, you just have to raise the level of the ship to a certain point. It's like Pokemon.

Top Bottom