• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye booed at Thanksgiving Day Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flashing Lights has a great beat but the lyrics ruin the song; they're embarrassingly bad.

Taylor Swift is a country verion of Miley Cyrus though, so if this is a question of who is the better songwriter I'll still give the nod to Kanye.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
PD You need to embrace Justice.
APF said:
And yet I am saying that in practice he likely examines Kanye's words more closely than he does John Kerry's, because of the fact that Kanye is an entertainer and entertaining, and is someone whose job is to be scrutinized / in the public eye.

So now that we're all caught up on what everyone is saying...
What else did I 'likely' do today?

thekad

Banned
APF said:
thekad: as usual, you're attacking a straw man because you can't competently address the arguments I actually make.

As usual, you're projecting because you can't find the courage to admit when you're wrong. You're actually analyzing DY_nasty's personal views/actions without any sort of insight or evidence. He said it best:

:lol

APF

DY_nasty said:
You tell me. You're too terrified to answer my questions so as I said earlier I am forced to take your trembling silence as accepting my assumption.

thekad said:
As usual, you're projecting because you can't find the courage to admit when you're wrong. You're actually analyzing DY_nasty's personal views/actions without any sort of insight or evidence
As usual you are incorrect, randomly trolling with no direction or purpose. But I'm eeeevil so it's ok.

thekad

Banned
projection.jpg

v0yce

MightyHealthy said:
You sound like you have next to no knowledge of hip hop.

In naming off a couple of similes, you failed to make a real point, and overlook entirely that he's not even trying to compare the two...

The hate clouds your vision :lol

My millions of fans call me CE. You're just a hater. You're just jealous that I'm the greatest poster GAF has ever seen.

If I don't win poster of the year, I'm gonna have a problem with that. Sometimes people write posts and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed. I am not a fan of posts. I would never want a post's autograph. I'm a vessel. My greatest joy is seeing my own posts. I'm like a tree. I feed the branches of the people. I realize that my place and position in GAF history is that I will go down as the v0yce of this forum, of this internet. I will be the loudest v0yce.

I'm the most human out of many GAFers. That's why everyone here is down with me. I cut the fanboy BS and speak my mind. I'm the realest GAFer on the internet. I don't care what anyone thinks, and enzo_gt salutes me for that.

DY_nasty

APF said:
You tell me. You're too terrified to answer my questions so as I said earlier I am forced to take your trembling silence as accepting my assumption.

As usual you are incorrect, randomly trolling with no direction or purpose. But I'm eeeevil so it's ok.
Why is John Kerry even in the discussion?

Thats what I don't get. You keep bringing it up as if I'm supposed to say 'oh, well i've followed John Kerry's twitter account - much like i've followed Palin's and Kanye's - and they all outrage me equally!'.

You're asking a retarded question thats based in some wild world where politicians and entertainers are supposed to have their words weighted the same. Do some people follow entertainers more? Of course. Do all of those people listen to what they say and deem those words more important than that of a politician? No. The fact that the first person you named I asked for someone that gets put under that same spotlight was Palin makes it clear that there's clearly something wrong.

If thats what a lot of people believe, wow. lol. etc. He's not worth that kind of attention. He's a rapper. No rapper is worth that kind of attention.

So you keep on beating this John Kerry drum when I'm still shaking my head at the Sarah Palin comment.

RJT

v0yce said:
My millions of fans call me CE. You're just a hater. You're just jealous that I'm the greatest poster GAF has ever seen.

If I don't win poster of the year, I'm gonna have a problem with that. Sometimes people write posts and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed. I am not a fan of posts. I would never want a post's autograph. I'm a vessel. My greatest joy is seeing my own posts. I'm like a tree. I feed the branches of the people. I realize that my place and position in GAF history is that I will go down as the v0yce of this forum, of this internet. I will be the loudest v0yce.

I'm the most human out of many GAFers. That's why everyone here is down with me. I cut the fanboy BS and speak my mind. I'm the realest GAFer on the internet. I don't care what anyone thinks, and enzo_gt salutes me for that.
Well, with posts like that, you surely won't win any posting awards... Unlike Kanye, who, according to metacritic, released the best reviewed new album of 2010. If you're going to be an egotistical douchebag like Kanye at least have something worth bragging about.

APF

DY_nasty said:
You keep bringing it up as if I'm supposed to say 'oh, well i've followed John Kerry's twitter account - much like i've followed Palin's and Kanye's - and they all outrage me equally!'.
That's not why I am asking the question. You're not following the conversation, which explains why you're not really following the arguments.

DY_nasty said:
Do some people follow entertainers more? Of course.
Aah, there we go. Thank you. So you agree it's not some mindblowing revelation that entertainers' words might be followed more closely than an Ambassador. So your point over the last day has been what exactly?

RJT

By the way, what a stupid thread this is. Nobody is even saying Kanye is not a douche, so what are arguing? Is he allowed to be a douche? Of course, it's not a fucking crime!

v0yce

RJT said:
Well, with posts like that, you surely won't win any posting awards... Unlike Kanye, who, according to metacritic, released the best reviewed new album of 2010. If you're going to be an egotistical douchebag like Kanye at least have something worth bragging about.

Relax duder, I was just sampling. Why are you hating?

RJT said:
By the way, what a stupid thread this is. Nobody is even saying Kanye is not a douche, so what are arguing? Is he allowed to be a douche? Of course, it's not a fucking crime!

I'm pretty sure the question was posed as to why were people booing Kanye, excuse me, Mr. West as I've been told. And the general answer was, "because he's a douce." And that didn't seem to be a good enough reason for the members of Kanye West's family that posts on GAF, and it's spiraled into this nonsense.

DY_nasty

APF said:
Aah, there we go. Thank you. So you agree it's not some mindblowing revelation that entertainers' words might be followed more closely than an Ambassador. So your point over the last day has been what exactly?
You're still missing the obvious. Whether people follow something more closely or not, they shouldn't weigh the two equally.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
v0yce said:
RI'm pretty sure the question was posed as to why were people booing Kanye, excuse me, Mr. West as I've been told. And the general answer was, "because he's a douce." And that didn't seem to be a good enough reason for the members of Kanye West's family that posts on GAF, and it's spiraled into this nonsense.
These same people calling him a 'douce' are the ones that called him dumb too, funny enough.

You can say he's a douche, just don't be ignorant enough to say he's intellectually slow because he interrupted some poor, poor teenage singer, or you can call him dumb and be ignorant in the process. This was the general argument up until recently where shit went down with Sarah Palin and I have no idea what the hell anyone's arguing about anymore.

You have the right to your subjective opinion to think he's a jackass, but really all the accounts of people saying "itz becuz he sux" are just tarting up the thread even more. But yeah ignorance is bliss and all that jazz.

RJT

v0yce said:
Relax duder, I was just sampling. Why are you hating?
There's good sampling and bad sampling. What you did was Puff-Daddy-level sampling...

And I'm out. Enjoy the rather intelligent and interesting discussion, everybody...

APF

DY_nasty said:
You're still missing the obvious. Whether people follow something more closely or not, they shouldn't weigh the two equally.
As I said before, we're not talking about "weight" in terms of gravitas though--that's your red herring,--only how closely they follow something, eg "scrutiny." The whole point was how closely people scrutinize celeb's tweets / how much celebs are in the public eye. That was your original point and you ended up agreeing with me on it.

v0yce

enzo_gt said:
These same people calling him a 'douce' are the ones that called him dumb too, funny enough.

You can say he's a douche, just don't be ignorant enough to say he's intellectually slow because he interrupted some poor, poor teenage singer, or you can call him dumb and be ignorant in the process. This was the general argument up until recently where shit went down with Sarah Palin and I have no idea what the hell anyone's arguing about anymore.

You have the right to your subjective opinion to think he's a jackass, but really all the accounts of people saying "itz becuz he sux" are just tarting up the thread even more. But yeah ignorance is bliss and all that jazz.

Nah. Most just commented solely on his douchiness. And it has a lot more to it than the TS thing. Your hero worship is projecting all that other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom