• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West's new album appears to be done

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather listen to Nas spit than Jay easily. I'd rather listen to LIG than another second of MCHG. I'd rather listen to a Riff Raff album than MCHG to be honest, fuck I'd rather listen to Wiz Khalifa's album than MCHG. In fact, I'd rather listen to a Tyga album than MCHG. Seriously MCHG was straight up 100%, all natural, no preservatives added hot asshole juice of an album. Talk about self fulfilling prophecy with that "One hot album every ten year average" line.
Crown tho.

cdyhybrid

Gone and We Major
cux1x3P.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LR >>> CD

Less filler, better skits, more ambitious in terms of instrumentation and Gone/Hey Mama are on the former.
I wouldn't say either album has filler, and I definitely find the CD skits more memorable (though there are a lot of them).

Instrumentation might be that reason.

I think some of the B songs bring down LR for me.

Gold Digger - I never relisten to it, ever.
Addiction - Always sounded like a freestyle to me
We Major - To this day I don't think this song justifies it's lengths. It's Runaway before Kanye offended a pretty white girl.
Celebration - It's okay, never really go back to it

On CD it's just Breath In, Breathe Out for me, which is just a bit weirdly placed and doesn't go as well with everything else on the album.

I hope there's some sort of roll out and not just a sudden release. I always enjoy the build up to a Kanye release ("feud" with 50, new slaves projections, etc)

IrishNinja

the type is worse than indie rock hipsters

speakin a lot, but not sayin' nothin

to be fair, everyone has outrapped jigga the past decade

...harsh, but fair

My man.
"Nope" gifs
Thanks for comin out.
Songs are booty
My man

Yes MBDTF is complete garbage.
Yeezus is a million times better.
see this guy, this guy gets it

LIG > MCHG

Nas out rapped Jay Z on Black Republicans, then Nas fell asleep on whatever that song is on MCHG.

this - Nas dropped a great album, Jay hasn't done that in a decade...some argue American Gangster & i think it's good but only great in light of the very low bar of jigga's LP's post-black album, sadly

damn he called mchg asshole juice

I mean

do you even rock tom ford?

twerk miley miley miley twerk *jay z laugh

y'all remember jay getting out rapped by Drake on Pound Cake? cake, cake, cake cake

Jay Z is garbage

Put the crown royal down.

Man if you believe that Crown was filled with amazing bars...smh. Song was through and through mediocre to average at best. The fact that's the highlight of that garbage ass album speaks volumes.

Something something duality something something, fuck outta here Jay, what you tryin to kick knowledge?

I don't care what anyone says All of the Lights is my favorite Kanye song followed by Black Skinhead.

If this album has any tracks equal to those two I'm in heaven.

Draper

See, that leaked remake is gonna leave me disappointed when the actual version comes out. Similar to how Black Skinheads had so much more energy in the prerelease live versions.

This just reminds me of the "Cruel Summer" thread where everyone was saying that the album was still getting mastered like seconds before release LOL. The album isn't finished until we start seeing people proclaim that like the European iTunes deluxe version has the best mixing or something like that.

looking forward to this. I liked Yeezus but there are some iffy tunes on there for sure.

I keep meaning to pick up all his stuff on vinyl but yeah yeezus is a bootleg, MBDTF is £30 and supposedly badly pressed(?) 808s is £40 and the others arnt too bad actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom