• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West's new album appears to be done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobi

Banned
Waiting for Kanye fans to hype recycled tracks from last year like we had in the last album (hudson mohawk track fe).

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
from the few snippets that been leaked sounds like we getting something closer to graduation with elements of 808's and yeezus.

Diablos

Great, can't wait to hear Kanye running around crying to everyone he talks to about how no one understands what he's really about.

What makes Kanye bad these days isn't necessarily his evolved style, t's the damn annoying fans "ALL HAIL YEEEJJJUUZZZZ" ugh.

I hope there's a flavor of college dropout in this new album or MTBF.

KidJr

This interesting, I've never been in a place where 808s was regarded as a good album.

Can someone who likes the album, from your perspective let me know what you like about it?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
this invention called google tends to help with receipts
Uh, the burden of the proof is on you. Aforementioned invention brings up nothing when you search "Kanye sign Azealia Banks." They worked together briefly, that doesn't mean he wanted to sign her. And knowing Azealia Banks too, if there even was a hint of that from Kanye, she'd be telling the world to try and build buzz.

I'd rather listen to Nas spit than Jay easily. I'd rather listen to LIG than another second of MCHG. I'd rather listen to a Riff Raff album than MCHG to be honest, fuck I'd rather listen to Wiz Khalifa's album than MCHG. In fact, I'd rather listen to a Tyga album than MCHG. Seriously MCHG was straight up 100%, all natural, no preservatives added hot asshole juice of an album. Talk about self fulfilling prophecy with that "One hot album every ten year average" line.

What makes Kanye bad these days isn't necessarily his evolved style, t's the damn annoying fans "ALL HAIL YEEEJJJUUZZZZ" ugh.

I hope there's a flavor of college dropout in this new album or MTBF.

It's Yeezus bruh, get it right. And you best hail him!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
This interesting, I've never been in a place where 808s was regarded as a good album.

Can someone who likes the album, from your perspective let me know what you like about it?
It's really hard to explain. It's one of those few albums that really brings about an emotional response in you. Try to go back to it at a low point in your life. Heart break or loss preferably.

"Step aside plebians"

ByZ7SzxIIAEP1p8.jpg

I didn't know they were making a sequel to Coming to America?

Bacon

PSY・S;131756618 said:
I can't stop picturing all the CD/LR fans who shit on all of Kanye's other albums as a bunch of grumpy middle-aged men. That Kanye is so ancient.

If he had stuck with that style his whole career, he would still be a really good rapper, but I don't think he would have achieved anywhere near the level of fame or critical acclaim that he has.

Cheddahz

Banned
If Kanye would had stuck with the style from his first two albums, we would all be bitching and moaning about him needing to change up his style

Courage

The people that want Kanye to go back to his old sound are analogous to the people that wanted him to just stay as a producer, or not get into the fashion industry.

Kanye thrives on progression. Suggesting him to stagnate creatively is asking him to be someone he clearly isn't.

Ran rp

If he had stuck with that style his whole career, he would still be a really good rapper, but I don't think he would have achieved anywhere near the level of fame or critical acclaim that he has.

Yeah. He wouldn't be nearly as influential over the decade as he is now.

The people that want Kanye to go back to his old sound are analogous to the people that wanted him to just stay as a producer, or not get into the fashion industry.

Kanye thrives on progression. Suggesting him to stagnate creatively is asking him to be someone he clearly isn't.

It's pretty rude tbh.

dc89

I'd have been hyped for this once upon a time, but not now, give me Lil Dicky's album over Yeezy's :lol. Not really liked Kanye's more recent stuff.

solarus

“So few hip-hop artists have ever advanced. Their songs on their seventh, eighth albums sound exactly like the songs on their first album. More than a artist, I’m a real person—and real people grow. And I wanna just sing my growth.” - Kanye west on vh1 storytellers

Syntsui

Rough leak of his first single got fully remade

That may not be indicative of anything though, since he said it's supposed to be a Jay-Z homage.

This is RIDICULOUS. It's exactly what I want from Ye.

If the whole album is on this level I think I'm gonna faint lel.

Nas out rapped Jay Z on Black Republicans, then Nas fell asleep on whatever that song is on MCHG.

Jay fell asleep on Black Republican, then Nas was out rapped on whatever that song was on MCHG. It's nice when you write like this huh?

I agree that Jay was lazy as fuck on his last two álbums, but his recent features are good.

Jay fell asleep on Black Republican, then Nas was out rapped on whatever that song was on MCHG. It's nice when you write like this huh?

I agree that Jay was lazy as fuck on his last two álbums, but his recent features are good.

If it makes you feel better about Jay, then write it like that I guess. All in all, dude is garbage as fuck nowadays and I have no clue why he was brought up in a Ye thread.

/shrug

Meier

Less Yeezus, more everything else from his entire career. Yeezus is his worst effort by a significant margin.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yeezus > MBDTF

Kanye's albums are so weird. It's like he changes his sound to much that he eventually gets lots of different people to like certain albums.

I just can't understand your post though. I think MBDTF is his best album since Late Registration, yet you actually believe that his worst album is better than it.

Crazy, but it is your opinion so no beef.

Bacon

Kanye's albums are so weird. It's like he changes his sound to much that he eventually gets lots of different people to like certain albums.

I just can't understand your post though. I think MBDTF is his best album since Late Registration, yet you actually believe that his worst album is better than it.

Crazy, but it is your opinion so no beef.

Either Yeezus or 808's is my favorite depending on the day.

That's what I like about Kanye, all of his albums are so different that a good argument can be made for any of them being the best or someone's favorite.

Mononoke

Banned
Listening to 808's is perfect in the winter. I remember disliking that one so much when it came out.

Yeah, great winter album. I personally liked it when it came out. But I also really like The Smiths and other albums that were depressing. So it kind of was a natural album for me to slip into. Not that, I'm depressed lol. Rather, I was already used to the heartbreak albums.

I guess the hardest thing to accept was his autotune. But I do think, he pulled it off for the most part. And the songs are so emotional/and nail the atmosphere perfectly.

Listening to 808's is perfect in the winter. I remember disliking that one so much when it came out.

I loved 808s the day it dropped but yeah it's a perfect winter album. When he preformed coldest winter during the Yeezus tour they had fake snow fall on the crowd and that shit had me in tears fam.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think I can understand people thinking every Kanye album is their favourite. LR least so, though.

CD - Nostalgia or your one of those people who like a certain style of sampling. You value the tempered humility.

LR - If Drive Slow is your favourite Ye song.

Graduation - Very different palette with the most varied influences, also height of Ye's popularity and probably when most people entered Yeezy Season.

808s - Most emotional album of his, prime breakup/relationship music.

MBDTF - Lyrical, storytelling peak of Kanye; the best expression of Kanye the person on wax. Bombastic, Kanye begins his experiments.

Yeezus - Most experimental, an extension of the ego from MBDTF with different topics. Return to electronic sound with an abrasive touch.

I loved 808s the day it dropped but yeah it's a perfect winter album. When he preformed coldest winter during the Yeezus tour they had fake snow fall on the crowd and that shit had me in tears fam.
Yeah I think 808s just evokes some really specific imagery. I stood stunned too, for something so simple.

808s also had the best videos from Ye. And best video (Welcome to Heartbreak).

Courage

LR >>> CD

Less filler, better skits, more ambitious in terms of instrumentation and Gone/Hey Mama are on the former.

overcast

Yeah, I feel like you're giving LR the short end of the stick Enzo. I agree otherwise.

LR has songs other than Drive Slow :[

Courage

Drive Slow
Hey Mama
Gone
Celebration (this song > Slow Jamz for a party song)
Crack Music
We Major
Roses

Those are all 10/10 Kanye songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom