• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kathryn Bigelow's DETROIT Review Thread (95% Certified Fresh)

fuck this movie was hard to watch

I got a chuckle out of the #notallcops scene with the serene music playing.. don't wanna get it misconstrued

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Katheryne Bigelow was on the Daily Show to talk about the movie and why she made it. She said something like, even though she's not the best person to tell the story, she still felt the story was important to tell, that she wants the movie to add to the conversation of things that are happening today, and she did all the research to make it accurate and authentic. FWIW.

Katheryne Bigelow was on the Daily Show to talk about the movie and why she made it. She said something like, even though she's not the best person to tell the story, she still felt the story was important to tell, that she wants the movie to add to the conversation of things that are happening today, and she did all the research to make it accurate and authentic. FWIW.

its important no doubt about it

as a film though idk.. its hard to consolidate when your only emotions are anger and frustration

kai3345

Banned
Saw it tonight and thought it was good. There was a Q&A afterwards with some local black activists and all of them seemed pretty down on the film, and after hearing their complaints I kind of agree with a lot of them.

Their biggest takeaway was that they all said the film felt like a white apology for what happened, and they didn't feel like Bigelow and co. brought enough of a black perspective to the events.

Anyone else have a similar takeaway?

So what happened to the 3rd part of Bigalow's "middle eastern" trilogy, The True American.

I guess she realized post trump America doesn't really care about immigrant huh?

Top Bottom