• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katie Holmes dropped from Batman Begins sequel because of Tom Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.

element

Ryck said:
Is Oldman signed on for the sequel?
yeah. Actually the only person who didn't have it in their contract for sequels were Nolan and Caine. Bale was signed to a three picture deal, and the rest of the cast was signed, meaning if a sequal is done and we want you, you get this much money.

Harry Hamlin is to this day the best Joker ever in the animated series, why not use him in the next batman movie as the Joker?

TheDuce22

Banned
Damn, now she will never make enough money to get those teeth fixed. Not that that it would help much. The simple fact that Tom Cruise picked her out of millions of other attractive women to "fall in love with" is all the proof I need that hes gay.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Now we know who sent the guy to squirt water at Tom's face

"Hey Tom, WB says hi"
tomc.gif

*credit to bloke for that awesome gif* :lol

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
norinrad21 said:
Harry Hamlin is to this day the best Joker ever in the animated series, why not use him in the next batman movie as the Joker?

Just because he does a good Joker voice doesn't mean he'd make a great one in live-action. Hamill just doesn't look the part. I know! They should call in ILM, do a completely CG Joker, and have Hamill voice it. It'll make bazillions.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
ToyMachine228 said:
I would think that it would attract more attention towards the movie with people talking about her...But maybe I'm wrong.

Not when she promotes WOTW instead of BB

nitewulf

this is good news actually, i like katie holmes a lot, one of my perpetual hotties...but she was the only one that didnt fit in batman begins.

She didn't fit because her character didn't fit in Gotham. She was a goodie two shoes fighting the good fight in a dark, apathetic and corrupt city.

kgHavok23

please cast Cruise as the Joker....just imagine on the on-set intensity between Bale and Cruise with Holmes watchin from her bitch corner!!! :lol

Guzim

norinrad21 said:
:lol :lol :lol

Mark Hamill voiced the Joker. Harry Hamlin was in LA Law.

harry.hamlin.jpg

nitewulf

Teh Hamburglar said:
She didn't fit because her character didn't fit in Gotham. She was a goodie two shoes fighting the good fight in a dark, apathetic and corrupt city.
yeah, so its good they are getting rid of her goody character than? she annoyed me with her holier than thou attitude.

nitewulf said:
yeah, so its good they are getting rid of her goody character than? she annoyed me with her holier than thou attitude.

I'm saying its not the actresses fault. Any actress who played that character would have not fit and I doubt I would have liked them either.

nitewulf

i thought the alias chick might have fit better. katie seemed too young for that sort of a role, like a naive idealist, i would have preffered a shrewd idealist.. may be thats what was called for though. i dont know.

Manders

Banned
If she isn't coming back for the sequel, it's not because of Tom Cruise. That's just retarded. Kim Basinger didn't come back for Batman Returns. It wasn't because of Alec Baldwin. :lol

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Manders said:
If she isn't coming back for the sequel, it's not because of Tom Cruise. That's just retarded. Kim Basinger didn't come back for Batman Returns. It wasn't because of Alec Baldwin. :lol

um. tom cruise and katie holmes news has been overshadowing batman stuff. this was supposed to be christian bales big break out mainstream movie (as an adult). yet, you barely see him on tv. you barely see the other actors. she isnt even promoting batman.

kgHavok23

nitewulf said:
i thought the alias chick might have fit better. katie seemed too young for that sort of a role, like a naive idealist, i would have preffered a shrewd idealist.. may be thats what was called for though. i dont know.

GOd NO. 0.0

J2 Cool

:lol at this whole thread. Especially Warner pissing on Katie Holmes and this

tomc.gif

:lol :lol Anyway, if you want a good actress, get Kate Winslet. If you want really hot, Kate Beckinsale though her role in Blade III isn't exactly what I want to see in Batman. Oh, and just for hotness, Jolie as Harley Quinn would be awesome.

DaMan121

No.. He either means Alba, or Beckinsale in Underworld.
You guys are harsh, she was hardly the weakest link at all.

Timbuktu

I don't really care about Katie Holmes or Rachel Dawes, just bring me Harvery Dent! I don't mean we should have Two-Face any time soon, but a strong Dent character (Edward Norton maybe? if they go for a bigger name) could have made Begins perfect. Building up a friendship and mutual admiration between Dent and Batman and see their ideals would made the turn into Two-Face a much more Darth Vader-like tragedy, which could be the main thread through two of three films.

But yeah, if we have to have a female character, Kate Winslet would fit. She did two of my fave movies last year, Eternal Sunshine and Finding Neverland. She would not just be a damsel in distress, looks alright against Bale and she's so much better than Katie Holmes.

Barrage

Not only should they bring Harvey Dent back, they should MAKE DENT BLACK AGAIN!

To J2: Harvey was also black in the first two Batman movies. Fear Lando, bitches.

J2 Cool

DaMan121 said:
No.. He either means Alba, or Beckinsale in Underworld.
You guys are harsh, she was hardly the weakest link at all.

Who was worse? Everyone else was absolutely incredible. Oh, and yeah, I mistaken Beckinsale for Biel. Beckinsale was in Van Hellsing though :-/

Barrage said:
Not only should they bring Harvey Dent back, they should MAKE DENT BLACK AGAIN!

:lol :lol :lol Isn't Morgan Freeman enough for you people! I kid i kid. I think he was only black in the animated series though. Frank Miller and Long Halloween he was white. Either way, doesn't change the function of the character :lol

DaMan121

JPRaup said:
Actually

Biel - Blade 3

and for clarification

Beckinsale - Underworld

and you said Alba - Sin City, F4

Lol.. eventually the hotness just morphs into one.

Who was worse? Everyone else was absolutely incredible

I dont think her performance was any worse than Freeman's, Caine, Hauher, or any of the other supporting characters.. The standouts were Bale and Neeson, but I think each actor did as well as they could with the material they were given imo.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
J2 Cool said:
:lol :lol :lol Isn't Morgan Freeman enough for you people! I kid i kid. I think he was only black in the animated series though. Frank Miller and Long Halloween he was white. Either way, doesn't change the function of the character :lol
And he was black in the 1st Batman. I pointed out to my mom "Isn't it weird how that guy turned into Tommy Lee Jones over the course of a few movies?:

element said:
you could probably do a better job then they did in the first movie :p

That's why I called dibs, and considering the heated discussion going on in the thread about fight scenes, I wanted to make sure they were done right. ;)

J2 Cool said:
Who was worse? Everyone else was absolutely incredible. Oh, and yeah, I mistaken Beckinsale for Biel. Beckinsale was in Van Hellsing though :-/

He was never black in the animated series. Harvey Dent to my knowledge has always been white, and thus the way Two Face looks. Have you ever seen a black Two Face? I had no problem with Billy Dee Williams playing the role, but it sucked that they didn't make him Two Face in the third one to be consistent.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
That's awesome that they just trash her like that. :lol

I vote for Jessica Biel as well. She is so hot. Get a love interest that has a booty!!!!

J2 Cool

Marty Chinn said:
He was never black in the animated series. Harvey Dent to my knowledge has always been white, and thus the way Two Face looks. Have you ever seen a black Two Face? I had no problem with Billy Dee Williams playing the role, but it sucked that they didn't make him Two Face in the third one to be consistent.

Animated series

harvey.jpg

twoface1.gif

twoface3.jpg

DaMan121

Truelize said:
That's awesome that they just trash her like that. :lol

I vote for Jessica Biel as well. She is so hot. Get a love interest that has a booty!!!!

After the distasters that were the previous Bat gals (excluding Holmes) I think they should cast the next lady according to a bit more sophisticated criteria... ofcourse the booty will be on the list.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
Marty Chinn said:

of course not, by that point they were looking for names

shpankey

not an idiot
Kung Fu Jedi said:
I for one do not want to see Scarlett as the love interret in the next Batman. Don't get me wrong, I think she is hot, and a better acctress than Katie Holmes, but she is far too young for Bruce Wayne. She's four or five years younger than Holmes. We need someone who is older and can match the rest of the cast in their acting chops.
Cate Blanchett, easily the best actrice of her time.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Zeta Jones 15 years ago would have been perfect for Talia, but now she's too old. I can't think of any obvious candidates. They should use a European acrtress that's unknown here in the US.

ManaByte

Guileless said:
Zeta Jones 15 years ago would have been perfect for Talia, but now she's too old. I can't think of any obvious candidates. They should use a European acrtress that's unknown here in the US.

You're on crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom