• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kazunori Yamauchi tweets details about GT5 Spec II (free, 9-15th October)

Goldrusher

LiK said:
Was that a later update? I havent played it since launch and I dont remember it having that feature.
Yeah, an update.
You can now choose a car right before a race and even buy parts for it. Even in the pre-race menu (with the location already "live" in the background) you can buy parts for your car.

Fersis said:
Japanese Studios are pretty behind in all the 'community' side of things.
So i respect Kaz trying to change that but i completely agree with you, PD needs a full time Community Manager.

ALL HAIL KING KAZ

Yet both Kaz and Shuhei Yoshida are savvy enough to use Twitter. Someone should maybe drop a hint to them it'd be a good idea.

amar212

brotkasten said:
fucking finally!

I raise you for this good sir.

MS8ASl.jpg

gs86dl.jpg

It just took 5 damn years.. Thank you Kaz ;)

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Metalmurphy said:
Kaz has been giving out info on what's gonna come with the update:

1. Simplified interior view added to all standard cars.
2. User control of the weather change feature.
3. Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings...
4. Spec 2.0 Opening movie
5. Improved UI response and usability
6. Replay front forward/rewind
7. Mid-race save feature for endurance races.
8. Expanded online lounge features (Narrowing down car types, shuffle races)...

;-; I love Kaz.

Mailenstein said:
Damn, this is hardcore. Hey devs, look! This is how it's done.
edit: ehhh, I'm stupid and can't type right now.

Anyway, this is not a good example for other devs and not how it should be done.

LiK

brotkasten said:
I'm playing v1.0 right now and it gives me the option to go to my garage and select a suitable car for that event, if it's not selected.
Oh, I mean automatically just put me into the car and start the race instead of looking for it. Guess it was never implemented.

TheSeks said:
Great, but that doesn't fix the LOADING LOADING LOADING LOADING.
I think the key word in there was 'response'. I'm assuming the loading is going to improve, at least between certain screens (the game shouldn't need to load between 2D pages).

Ideally this interaction of dev and users should have taken place before the game was launched. Obviously a lot of these changes couldn't have been foreseen but, mid eduro saves and FFW and RWD in replays will be touted as a top priority by any proper GT fan. Glad they are here. Lets hope the DLC is good!

LiK

Goldrusher said:
Yeah, an update.
You can now choose a car right before a race and even buy parts for it. Even in the pre-race menu (with the location already "live" in the background) you can buy parts for your car.
Hmm, I see. I just did a fresh install of GT5 on a new PS3 and updated it. Guess I'll wait for his update before diving back in.

herod

I wonder how long it takes to go from a vanilla GT5 game disc to a fully installed and patched instance of the game on an average broadband connection.

Dead Man

TheSeks said:
Should've been in day one, but I'll take it.

Sure, I'll take it.

Shorter? All they need is the PD Earth and a small bit of the car manufacturing bit. I love GT5's opening, but it's way too long to see more than a few times.

Great, but that doesn't fix the LOADING LOADING LOADING LOADING.

If I can skip by frame, great. Makes taking pictures easier.

Should've been in day 1.

You see this, DICE? This is HOW YOU DO GAME FINDING. None of this matchmaking and battlelog bullshit.

No new cars. :( No Eclipse Premium interior. :( :(
Yeah, all good stuff, but nothing so far that shouldn't or couldn't have been there from the start.

/bitter, jaded, bastard

LiK

herod said:
I wonder how long it takes to go from a vanilla GT5 game disc to a fully installed and patched instance of the game on an average broadband connection.
Fresh install of game plus updates that are out right now took me an hour+. Most of the time was the optional install.

The mid race save feature is huge because people can now experience the jaw dropping thrill of driving into and out of the night at The Ring. No game has ever capture that experience like GT5 did. Ohhhhhh giddy about completing the 24 hour races in some sessions! Oh GT5, you left be bruised and bleeding from the anus from the decades of rape, but I love you and can never leave you.

New 2011 NASCARS...uh ok. Add fucking Watkins Glen mother fucka!!

@Kaz_Yamauchi: 11. Added a “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel / 12. Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars...

Yes, more premium cars!

lol, sorry

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
11. Added a “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel / 12. Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars...

offshore

11. Added a “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel / 12. Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars...

Fucking hell, Polyphony delivering.

Wish they'd put proper NASCAR flags in though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dead Man said:
Yeah, all good stuff, but nothing so far that shouldn't or couldn't have been there from the start.

/bitter, jaded, bastard

And I don't disagree.

Fuck its got me all excited to get back into the game, but I have to wait. Its like waiting for release day all over again argh

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I haven't played this game for a while but do we have cockpit eye level hood view for standard cars now?

LiK

brotkasten said:
@Kaz_Yamauchi: 11. Added a “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel / 12. Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars...

Yes, more premium cars!

lol, sorry
Wish there was a way to patch out Jeff Gordon voice.

Dibbz

8. Expanded online lounge features
This is great. Too many times you try to make a room for specific class of cars and people will bring in other classes. Would be great to be able to select exactly which cars you would allow into the room.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LiK said:
Wish there was a way to patch out Jeff Gordon voice.

Remember, the car is heavy. It requires a gentle touch.

Mess up somewhere?

Dead Man said:

/bitter, jaded, bastard
Like I said in the other thread, took them a year to finish the game.

I'd even say that I'd rather want all this and more content in GT6 for the PS3 than getting a GT5.5. But I'm probably alone with that.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
herod said:
It'll take a while lol. Actually, I'll never uninstall the GT5 game data from my PS3 EVER. Not because it's annoying or something but because it's the game of the forever. Even though the vanilla version was a mess, I ended up spending 500 + hrs on the game.

sublimit

Banned
Dibbz said:
This is great. Too many times you try to make a room for specific class of cars and people will bring in other classes. Would be great to be able to select exactly which cars you would allow into the room.
Indeed.In fact i thought this was a no brainer so i was surprised when i saw that i couldn't arrange exactly the type of races i wanted.

I swear to god, some times i feel like Kaz activly browses gaf, we had discussions about pretty much everything they're delivering...

Well, except 2011 NASCAR cars.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Metalmurphy said:
I swear to god, some times i feel like Kaz activly browses gaf, we had discussions about pretty much everything they're delivering...

Well, except 2011 NASCAR cars.
I think it's coz of GT Planet. They were the ones whining a lot about the standard cars. But damn, my Minolta just got more awesomer. I just wish PD gives us a premium model of that car.

test_account

XP-39C²
Damn, that is a nice update indeed! I wonder if the interior for standard cars is some more standard thing for all cars, or if the interior is actually representative for the actual car, just that it isnt that detailed as the premium cars.

Meisadragon said:
I think it's coz of GT Planet. They were the ones whining a lot about the standard cars. But damn, my Minolta just got more awesomer. I just wish PD gives us a premium model of that car.

I'm talking about really specific things, like the avatars in Photo Travel.

Top Bottom