• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kendrick Lamar - DAMN. |OT| Damn! Good Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmax3901

Normally Christianity and religion just make me roll my eyes, for some reason when Kdot talks/raps about it it's fine and interesting. It's like the difference between going to church, and watching a great movie that is about religion, or about a character's struggle with religion.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Just FYI whoever is saying the bad seats are decent at Staples Center... You're wrong.

DO NOT get any seats in the 300's, the top level. It's going to leave you sorely disappointed.

XXX is so good, my fiance and I always get hype.

When/where did he say this??

On his Complex show (Everyday Struggle) a couple weeks ago, I don't remember which episode. But basically he said everything was ready to go, it was going to drop a week afterward as predicted and he decided not to.

Could explain some of Cardo's comments...it seemed like he was going to have a lot of tracks on the album...then it came out and he has one song. I'm guessing the two beats on The Heart IV were on the second disk (one was produced by Cardo).

YOOO this album sounds so good! I didn't even get to listen to the whole thing yet,
but I had it as background music on spotify while playing Uc4 online,
practically every song I was hearing I was thinking, damn...this is good.
Love when this thread is bumped so I can be like
GIMME SOME GANJA
GIMME
GIM
GIM
GIM GIM GIM GIM
GIMME SOME GANJA
lol so that is what he says. he doesn't even smoke

The Ummah

Banned
Kendrick said there wasn't another project in that sit-down interview he had though. Wait a minute. Awww shit...sit down...(hol' up hol' up)

"Aye, this shit way too crazy
Aye, you do not amaze me
Aye..."

Still have the album in heavy rotation. I also have Section 80 and Untitled Unmastered back in my daily listening routine, too much good material.

After listening to damn non stop I think Fear. is my favorite track. The third verse just cuts so deep. Followed by Pride. And of course DNA.

Edit also, I've noticed some slight differences from the MP3 version and the disc. Like on FEAR. They cut out cousin Carl's message in the beginning of the song on disc. Kinda weird lol. And the intro to HUMBLE is different on disc.

Bacon

Received my Damn vinyl today. The signature is much better than the one that was on UU. It's not his whole signature but you can actually make out the K and it isn't just a random jibberish scribble. Looks good.

loudbill

Received my Damn vinyl today. The signature is much better than the one that was on UU. It's not his whole signature but you can actually make out the K and it isn't just a random jibberish scribble. Looks good.

Just got mine as well. The red vinyl is really slick looking in person.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is anyone else still waiting on their Vinyl? I ordered it months ago and still don't have it, and the updates on the site aren't being of any help.

number11

Anyone else hoping to get tickets for the EU tour? Would have been interested going to just a James Blake gig, but a Kendrick with James Blake gig? Damn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom