• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keurig 2.0 |OT| You wouldn't download a cup of coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a few years, we'll look back at how DRM killed Keurig. Ease up on the greed, people.

Yep.

We have one, but we buy HEB Texas Pecan or something like that. Sorry not paying 10-15 for some pods when I can get something that I like much better for 4-5. I also assume that this means the reusable k-cup that we use is also not going to work with this new machine.

I got my dad a Keurig machine last year for Christmas, in hindsight it was stupidly high priced but he loves it, so I'm happy. He really only drinks one cup of coffee in the morning. Though I found the K-cups to be really wasteful, so I ended up getting the refillable cups that you can use any grounded coffee with, and that worked great.

This thing though...DRM coffee...come on!

Um yea no. Once my current Keurig bites the dust, I wouldn't be caught dead buying one of these POS. It's like Ubisoft fucking bought stock in GMC.

So its biggest selling point is it provides a smaller selection of coffee?

The biggest selling point is that this will eventually be the only way to get a Keurig.

Honestly what are you getting? A 4 cup option, neon lights, touchscreen. Who cares about all that. This is simply a way to take back 'their' market.

I'm still waiting for something better than Tassimo to come along. I don't understand why Keurig is so popular in the US. Tassimo is so much better. I went to the store today and saw 3 or 4 different Keurig machines that aren't even compatible with each other's coffee pods; what a cluster fuck.

Red

The biggest selling point is that this will eventually be the only way to get a Keurig.

Honestly what are you getting? A 4 cup option, neon lights, touchscreen. Who cares about all that. This is simply a way to take back 'their' market.
It seems like you're paying more for less value. Instead of adapting, Green Mountain is trying to brute force their victory.

I'm still waiting for something better than Tassimo to come along. I don't understand why Keurig is so popular in the US. Tassimo is so much better. I went to the store today and saw 3 or 4 different Keurig machines that aren't even compatible with each other's coffee pods; what a cluster fuck.

Odd, I wasn't aware of this. They have 2 different types of brewers on the market, well 3 now I guess.

K-Cup
Vue

All the K-Cup brewers can use any pod plus the reusable pod that I have. I don't know much about the Vue at all, it really did not catch on. This 2.0 is an effort to re-capture their 'lost' control on the market.

In terms of Tassimo vs Keurig, it really is damn near the same thing. K-Cup just has much more of the market, therefore they have a much broader selection.

Odd, I wasn't aware of this. They have 2 different types of brewers on the market, well 3 now I guess.

K-Cup
Vue

All the K-Cup brewers can use any pod plus the reusable pod that I have. I don't know much about the Vue at all, it really did not catch on. This 2.0 is an effort to re-capture their 'lost' control on the market.

In terms of Tassimo vs Keurig, it really is damn near the same thing. K-Cup just has much more of the market, therefore they have a much broader selection.

Don't they also have the Rivo Lavazza cups; making it 4 different types of brewers? I could just be confused but I think they have 4 different brewer types:

They have K-Cup, K-Karafe (2.0), Vue, and Lavazza Rivo machines/packs now. It is ridiculously confusing trying to figure out which coffees you can use with all the different Keurig brewers. Why they keep introducing new/incompatible standards every year is beyond me.

As far as I know every Tassimo disc works in every Tassimo machine and you can actually do cappuccinos, lattes, hot chocolate with actual milk discs. The Tassimo coffee tastes a bit better as well, but is by no means amazing either. The Bosch Tassimo machines are definitely better made than the Keurig machines (and they cost less).

studyguy

I got my parents one a year and a half back.
It has a decorative towel thing over it now and has not been used in what seems like months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom