• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC’s New Employee Training Game Is a Virtual Reality Nightmare (Bioshock Clone)

GulAtiCa

So... KFC apparently made a Virtual Reality training game for it's new employees. Totally rip off of Bioshock, cause WTF. Totally creepy. Click the link to see the nightmare video in full. lol

Screen_Shot_2017_08_23_at_2.05.16_PM.0.png

https://www.eater.com/2017/8/23/16192508/kfc-virtual-reality-training-oculus-rift

Lock me in a virtual cage if old. I wasn't really sure if this should go in OT or Gaming though. lol

snap

Banned
was expecting it to be played completely straight like Bioshock was. instead it's very tongue in cheek.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I am Colonel Sanders, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to fantastic fried chicken? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'Fried chicken is for the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'Fried chicken belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'Fried chicken is not fit for anyone!' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Kentucky Fried Chicken, a nation-wide chain restaurant where the resident saucier would not fear the censor, where the chicken farmers would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat our brow, Kentucky Fried Chicken can become your number one choice of fast food restaurant as well.

Dyle

Well now that I know how to make KFC, I'll never have to actually eat there. Thanks Colonel, please tell the guys over at Coca-cola to make the same thing

That sure seemed like a marketing piece that lives alongside their current commercial lineup as opposed to a real employee training program.

Yup. Sure does.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I am Colonel Sanders, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to fantastic fried chicken? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'Fried chicken is for the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'Fried chicken belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'Fried chicken is not fit for anyone!' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Kentucky Fried Chicken, a nation-wide chain restaurant where the resident saucier would not fear the censor, where the chicken farmers would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat our brow, Kentucky Fried Chicken can become your number one choice of fast food restaurant as well.

Holy shit lol

"I am Colonel Sanders, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the oil in his chicken? 'No!' says the man in McDonalds, 'It belongs to the fries.' 'No!' says the man in Burger King, 'It belongs to the Whopper.' 'No!' says the man in Wendy's, 'It belongs to the hamburger.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... chicken, a food where the cook would not fear the fryer, where the customer would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the oil of your chicken, KFC can become your food as well."

ass

Starviper

That's pretty awesome, actually. Though I doubt this will actually end up as part of training due to the cost of VR equipment // workstations.

As another poster said, this seems more like a marketing thing. I'd bet we'll see it on steam within a week.

Nimajneb

While it has some aesthetic similarities to Bioshock, I'd say it's more similar to Zero Escape or Saw. There are some elements of Portal in there too.

I'm amazed they put so much effort into a training game. When I worked in fast food, they just had a shitty flash game.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
No mention of chicken strips, sides, drinks, or even washing your hands.

Shit training program.

I thought for sure going through the doors was going to turn you into a piece of chicken waiting to be picked up and fried.

That's enough internet for today I think.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So many employees are going to mess up the chicken now lol

But someone needs to make this a full game that goes to the logical (dark) extreme

Busty

Banned
The constantly coughing Colonel makes him sound like he's on his last legs and the next one to be quartered and stuck in the fryer.

How anyone at KFC corporate approved this is beyond me.

This feels more like viral marketing as opposed to an actual training simulator that they're using.

I'd agree if it wasn't such a nightmarish take on the brand.

Top Bottom