• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC's Double Down Sandwich looks...interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
RevenantKioku said:
858 calories and 62.4 grams of fat
Doesn't sound like it would be the ruiner of worlds if you have one.
Maybe, 858 and 62 grams of fat in just that sandwich is crazy bad. It doesn't get much worse than than. I suppose the average person having one of these and walking away isn't really the issue. They make this kind of food for people who eat this kind of food often.

96kpdy.gif

Would eat. I'm underweight anyway.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I suppose it's healthier than breaded chicken in bread. Probably tastes better too. Wonder what fillers they use to make it profitable. Soy protein?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
BobTheFork said:
Maybe, 858 and 62 grams of fat in just that sandwich is crazy bad. It doesn't get much worse than than. I suppose the average person having one of these and walking away isn't really the issue. They make this kind of food for people who eat this kind of food often.
Fuck them then.
Food is sustenance and pleasure that requires balance. If you can't figure it out, you'll suffer the consequences and maybe be able to fix it, maybe not.
Whiners like you are just doubly useless and annoying because you're not going to fix anyone and you're just shitting on everyone's parade. This happens every thread in GAF related to anything food. It's just silly. I know I should just ignore the threads as I'm definitely not going to change you just like you're not going to change the people you're trying to.

agrajag

Banned
BobTheFork said:

That's the problem. I eat fast food maybe once a week, on average, when I just don't have the time to cook for myself. People who make a habit out of eating fast food every day are really killing themselves.

RevenantKioku said:
Fuck them then.
Food is sustenance and pleasure that requires balance. If you can't figure it out, you'll suffer the consequences and maybe be able to fix it, maybe not.
Whiners like you are just doubly useless and annoying because you're not going to fix anyone and you're just shitting on everyone's parade. This happens every thread in GAF related to anything food. It's just silly. I know I should just ignore the threads as I'm definitely not going to change you just like you're not going to change the people you're trying to.
whoa whoa whoa, WTF? whiners? It's un-healthy, that's all I said. I didn't say they can't sell or that anyone shouldn't be allowed to eat it. Hell, I even admitted to eating McGangbangs (that's two un-health sandwichs in one), and just said this is across my line. People trying to justify it as somehow healthy, or not that bad are fooling themselves. It's horrible, admit it and have one if you want, just don't have illusions about what you are doing. Have a double down and chill.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
BobTheFork said:
whoa whoa whoa, WTF? whiners? It's un-healthy, that's all I said. I didn't say they can't sell or that anyone shouldn't be allowed to eat it. Hell, I even admitted to eating McGangbangs (that's two un-health sandwichs in one), and just said this is across my line. People trying to justify it as somehow healthy, or not that bad are fooling themselves. It's horrible, admit it and have one if you want, just don't have illusions about what you are doing. Have a double down and chill.
:lol
Like I said, you can't change people.

BobTheFork said:
People trying to justify it as somehow healthy, or not that bad are fooling themselves. It's horrible, admit it and have one if you want, just don't have illusions about what you are doing. Have a double down and chill.
No one has said it's healthy. But it's not gross or worthy of fear of heart attacks. We're just defending against the typical GAF hate train on food.

RevenantKioku said:
:lol
Like I said, you can't change people.
I have no more point, I just want the last word : )

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
No one has said it's healthy. But it's not gross or worthy of fear of heart attacks. We're just defending against the typical GAF hate train on food.
it's not gross, but it is worthy of heart attack fear. It certainly didn't justify those pictures O-o

There were a few "at least no carbs" comments and I honestly think that's a poor viewpoint to have. Eating that sandwich won't kill you, eating many of them a week because you don't realize how bad it is might.

RevenantKioku

Ding.
BobTheFork said:
You underestimate how petty I am!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
You never responded to me or BobtheFork about it being a whole extra piece of chicken. That's a lot worse than 2 little buns.

Obviously no one is going to die from eating one of these.
Hell, I'll have one whenever it arrives here simply for the novelty of it.

But don't say it's the same as a regular chicken sandwich.

agrajag

Banned
BobTheFork said:

it's not gross, but it is worthy of heart attack fear. It certainly didn't justify those pictures O-o

There were a few "at least no carbs" comments and I honestly think that's a poor viewpoint to have. Eating that sandwich won't kill you, eating many of them a week because you don't realize how bad it is might.

It would have plenty of carbs from the breading anyway...

BobTheFork said:
There were a few "at least no carbs" comments and I honestly think that's a poor viewpoint to have.
Those were all me, and I was making them in reference to how this is just a chicken and bacon sandwich without the bread, which would make this the favorable choice even though GAF never goes "oh fuck heart attacks" when we talk about regular chicken sandwiches.

dallow_bg said:
You never responded to me or BobtheFork about it being a whole extra piece of chicken. That's a lot worse than 2 little buns.
I always eat two of everything anyway, so KFC is making it easier for me.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Those were all me, and I was making them in reference to how this is just a chicken and bacon sandwich without the bread, which would make this the favorable choice even though GAF never goes "oh fuck heart attacks" when we talk about regular chicken sandwiches.

I always eat two of everything anyway, so KFC is making it easier for me.
So then yeah, it is worse than a regular chicken sandwich.

Anyone that goes to Chick-fil-A for a quick dinner after work and just gets one chicken sandwich and nothing else, feel free to defend your choice.

No one sensible does that.

Nickovic

A CHICKEN Twister from Kentucky Fried Chicken is at the centre of a multi-million dollar legal battle in the New South Wales Supreme Court after a healthy seven-year-old girl was crippled and brain damaged from salmonella poisoning.

Her parents are now seeking more than $10 million dollars in damages from Yum! Restaurants Australia, the local arm of a huge international chain.

The case, due in court on Thursday, comes a week after KFC stores in Miranda and West Hurstville were given a record fine of $73,125 and convicted of 11 charges of breaches of food hygiene laws following an investigation by the food authority.

Monika Samaan collapsed and had to be rushed to hospital with her mother Hanna, 11-year-old brother Abanoub, and father Amanwial who had also shared her Twister from Villawood KFC on October 24, 2005.

Monika, now 11, suffered from salmonella encephalopathy and salmonella septicaemia that developed into acquired spastic quadriplegia and acquired profound intellectual disability and liver dysfunction.

"As a family we have gone through a lot of struggles," her father Amanwial Samaan told The Daily Telegraph yesterday.

"She loved swimming, riding her bikes and was the best in her class at school now she can not do anything."

Before the illness Monika was a vibrant and chatty seven-year-old who had a childhood dream of being a doctor.

On the evening she ate the Twister, Monika complained she couldn't finish, so she shared it with her elder brother and parents. Her grandmother who was also in the house chose not to have any. The next morning the four who had eaten the Twister felt ill with vomiting and diarrhoea.

Three visited a GP who advised them to purchase some electrolytes over the counter at the chemist. The next day Monika collapsed and all four were rushed to Westmead and Fairfield hospitals.

Experts at Westmead Hospital found Monika, her parents and older brother had a common strain of salmonella in their stools. Medical microbiologist Dr David Andresen, from The Childrens Hospital at Westmead said salmonella poisoning is very common, with hundreds of cases reported each year however Monika's case is extremely rare.

Kydon Segal Lawyers representing Monika are seeking anyone who worked at the Villawood store in 2005 to contact them.

Yum! Restaurants Australia spokesman Nick Bryden said in a statement that the NSW Government food authorities at the time in 2005 concluded there was no link between KFC Villawood and the illness.

"KFC's supplier also confirmed that routine tests showed that the chicken supplied to the store contained none of the alleged strain of salmonella," he said.

"At the time Monika fell ill no other customers at the store lodged any complaints. We have a comprehensive food safety system in place which exceeds the Australian standards, our chicken is delivered fresh into store, and it is cooked in electronically controlled cookers, which is an extremely safe form of cooking."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25196456-1242,00.html

You can thank me later.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
So is this even available? I went to a KFC in Los Angeles, and the clerk looked at me like I was mad when I described what I was looking for. You're such a tease, GAF! I call bullshit if this is test markets only and one of them is not LA.

seat

RevenantKioku said:
858 calories and 62.4 grams of fat
Doesn't sound like it would be the ruiner of worlds if you have one.
That's not too bad. I was expecting much worse. Hell, a guy could eat a couple of these a day and still expect to lose weight, provided he doesn't eat much of anything else.

That kind of looks good, but then kind of doesn't. It's confusing me. I would have to try it to say whether I would like it or not.

Arde5643

lastinline said:
That kind of looks good, but then kind of doesn't. It's confusing me. I would have to try it to say whether I would like it or not.
The moment you put it in your mouth, they've already won.

Christopher

:lol please some of these health conscious people.

I'm a very healthy eater and I don't mind spluring now and then, and you can eat whatever you want provided you don't do it daily. Looks pretty good IMO although fried chicken is the enemy.

Dresden

Man, that looks good.

If I wanted to bust out a whole day's worth of calories in one meal, I'd get some biscuits and a mashed potato bowl on the side with that thing.

nib95

Banned
I'm not usually a huge fan of fast food (though I do love fried chicken and the very occasional doner). In-fact, I hadn't eaten at McDonalds in around 2 years. But the other day I went and ate one with family (halal chain). I was actually quite shocked at how far they'd come.

I had some sort of summer grill thing (new on the menu). That had this garlic type of sauce, some special type of unusual named bread, and came in a longer sandwich form than most of their burgers. But yea, when I got it, the packaging was simple, clean, green and effective. I took the burger out, and was shocked that it looked pretty much exactly like the pic on the wall. Pried apart the bread. The chicken was well cooked and succulent, the salad looked fresh and washed, nice crispy and bouncy. I couldn't believe my eyes. So yea, ate the thing (which tasted great) and for the first time ever after eating a MCDonalds, I didn't feel like I'd just eaten crap. In-fact, I felt kinda...normal...

Only bad thing was the chips were still way too salty. But yea, OT, I still think the best burger KFC do is the Zinger Tower fillet burger. Great stuff. Though I haven't had one in several months.

EDIT: Here's the McDonalds burger I was talking about.

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/food/summer-menu/chicken-supreme.mcdj?dnPos=-181

And here's the KFC one.

http://www.kfc.co.uk/our-menu/burgers-and-box-meals/zinger-tower-burger/

After you've eaten the KFC one, you do feel like you've just ate fast food. But oddly, the McDonalds one wasn't so heavy on the belly or post fast food blue's senses.

ReiGun

Dresden said:
Man, that looks good.

If I wanted to bust out a whole day's worth of calories in one meal, I'd get some biscuits and a mashed potato bowl on the side with that thing.
That sounds like a plan. Man, I hope my local KFC has this now.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I keep looking at that picture and I can't believe it's real. I think it's like overdoing it. It's...too much.

I'm curious to taste it, but that's about it.

RevenantKioku

Rewrite said:
I keep looking at that picture and I can't believe it's real. I think it's like overdoing it. It's...too much.

I'm curious to taste it, but that's about it.
It's two pieces of chicken some cheese and some bacon. That's really not a lot of anything. It's a cheese and bacon sandwich with the bread replaced with chicken. I mean, shit, if there was a burger inside I'd see the outrage having a bit of sense. I don't even think you can order just one piece of chicken at KFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom