• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC's Double Down Sandwich looks...interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
60g of fat is pretty bad, but I think 90g is the recommended maximum intake for an adult in the UK, so if you have a careful dinner you should be fine. (I'm assuming breakfast is cereal and not a sausage and egg mcmuffin...)

I love KFC. Their chips in the UK are actually chips - you can taste potato because they're much thicker than Mcdonalds etc. And they don't salt them - you have to choose to add salt yourself.

And their burgers are great. Fillet tower is god. As are their wraps, and the wrapstar when they get it in (usually only as a short time 'special')

wrapstar_double_poster.jpg

Called two KFCs and neither of them have it. This is according to Laquisha and Shanequia respectively. I live in south MS. :(

Where are you people buying this sandwich!?!? I want!

Dresden

mrklaw said:
60g of fat is pretty bad, but I think 90g is the recommended maximum intake for an adult in the UK, so if you have a careful dinner you should be fine. (I'm assuming breakfast is cereal and not a sausage and egg mcmuffin...)

I love KFC. Their chips in the UK are actually chips - you can taste potato because they're much thicker than Mcdonalds etc. And they don't salt them - you have to choose to add salt yourself.

And their burgers are great. Fillet tower is god. As are their wraps, and the wrapstar when they get it in (usually only as a short time 'special')

wrapstar_double_poster.jpg

Mother of god, I've never seen that here. /drool

nib95

Banned
got2bekidding said:
Called two KFCs and neither of them have it. This is according to Laquisha and Shanequia respectively. I live in south MS. :(

Where are you people buying this sandwich!?!? I want!

Really....

On a side note, I tried the wrapstar about 11 months ago on a trip to Saudi. Not that great tbh. Like a light weight version of most of their burgers. Pales in comparison to a fillet tower.

Tobor

How is this worse than eating the regular two piece chicken meal? It's just 2 pieces of chicken and some cheese.

nib95 said:
Really...
You want the number? So yeah...really.

I don't appreciate you implying what I believe you are implying. Everything I said was true. My friend and I called two KFCs, that's who answered the phone and gave us the bad news that the sandwich isn't available.

atomsk

Party Pooper
"Omaha, Nebraska and an area in Rhode Island are test markets for the Double Down Chicken Sandwich"

one can only hope the all the internet hype will help with a national roll-out.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
That looks painful to eat. All that breading looks like it would completely wreck the roof of my mouth.

Davidion

:lol I usually hate fast food but I'll grab a chicken sandwich once in a blue moon. KFC is doing it right imo; who the fuck cares about subtlety in fast food?

tokkun

Tobor said:
How is this worse than eating the regular two piece chicken meal? It's just 2 pieces of chicken and some cheese.

The regular two piece chicken is a breast and a wing. Two chicken breasts have 50% more calories than a breast and wing. Not counting the slices of cheese and bacon.

Davey Cakes

I'm actually surprised that they're serious about this thing.

I've joked about places replacing buns with meat for a long time now. Now it's happening at KFC. Will the next big McDonald's sandwich follow suit? Will McDonald's just switch the bread with the meat in their Big Macs so that there are three pieces of meat and two pieces of bread in between?

Lebron

Bah, I wish this was available here in Chicago.

Also, kind of OT, I was not aware that the KFC in Arkansas are all you can eat for like $4.99. My dad won't stop bragging about it ever since he moved over there. Man, I feel deprived.

Busty

Banned
How can something so wrong be so right?

Also, for a British GAF member who loves these fast food threads on GAF this might seem a strange observation, but isn't $7 for that combo a little pricey for what it is?

I could be wrong but it struck me as strange, which then in turn struck me as strange again.

I get it!

KFC is trying to reduce the amount of the population so we have less people to insure.

they are secretly in cahoots with the democrats!

brilliant

God I love KFC. Such a guilty pleasure. Will definitely be on the look out for this - it looks like the most ridiculous KFC 'innovation' since the Bowl of Random Shit.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
atomsk said:
"Omaha, Nebraska and an area in Rhode Island are test markets for the Double Down Chicken Sandwich"

one can only hope the all the internet hype will help with a national roll-out.
Ah man, this ain't international yet? :[

Quake1028

Tobor said:

It's not, but the food police here make too much of a big deal about everything.

Davey Cakes

Gloomfire said:
It's not, but the food police here make too much of a big deal about everything.
Which is also a reason why the sandwich is...retarded.

I mean, we're hitting the point where putting two pieces of meat together is considered a sandwich on the same level as a Whopper.

60 some grams of fat and under 900 calories? Really thats not all that bad, people do realize that many meals they eat at a nice sit down restaurant sometimes have more fat and calories than that?

Chumly

nomster said:
We don't live in Omaha or Rhode Island?
Yea didnt see it was still in the test markets. Guess its a good thing I live in Omaha then! I love being the test market for restaurants but I guess that comes with being one of the top restaurants per capita/spenders on restaurants cities.

CassSept

BattleMonkey said:
60 some grams of fat and under 900 calories? Really thats not all that bad, people do realize that many meals they eat at a nice sit down restaurant sometimes have more fat and calories than that?
But this is fast food so it obviously has an extra ability of imploding arteries

JimiNutz

Banned
BattleMonkey said:

Yeah but look how small it is.
Most grown men could eat 2 of those and probably would need 3 to be full up.
A nice slap up meal in a restaurant may have more calories and fat, but it would fill you up far more than 1 of those sandwiches.

Dresden

NutJobJim said:
Yeah but look how small it is.
Most grown men could eat 2 of those and probably would need 3 to be full up.
A nice slap up meal in a restaurant may have more calories and fat, but it would fill you up far more than 1 of those sandwiches.

Small? Wut? Unless your idea of grown men limits them to 300 pound tubbies...

That meal would more than fill me up. Remember the drink and those fries as well.

SmokyDave said:
Chicken as a bun?

*Looks at 36", UK standard waistline*

Fuck that.
Your loss. Because if you're going to eat fast food on those rare occasions (and they should be rare), you might as well go all out.

That looks delicious. Messy, but delicious. And it's not that big, so I don't see where all of the health concerns are coming from. It's a tiny thing.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Some dude did a documentary that was a parody of that Super Size Me movie called Fat Head where the dude basically went on a low-carb diet at McDonalds and he lost weight and improved his cholesterol. He lost, like, 12 pounds I think.

That thing looks low-carb as fuck, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
When it comes to terrifyingly unhealthy restaurant foods, nothing tops Aussie Cheese Fries. The plate + dipping in ranch is over 2,000 calories, its suicide by food. I ate a whole plate once, I think I was technically dead for a couple minutes afterwords.

2jd5c2p.jpg

SmokyDave

Snuggler said:
When it comes to terrifyingly unhealthy restaurant foods, nothing tops Aussie Cheese Fries. The plate + dipping in ranch is over 2,000 calories, its suicide by food. I ate a whole plate once, I think I was technically dead for a couple minutes afterwords.

2jd5c2p.jpg

I take my bitchy waistline comment back, blend that shit and I'll down it in one.

JimiNutz

Banned
Dresden said:
Small? Wut? Unless your idea of grown men limits them to 300 pound tubbies...

That meal would more than fill me up. Remember the drink and those fries as well.

I dunno maybe I just eat a lot but I weigh about 175lb and I could eat 3 of those along with fries and not break a sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom