• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: Star Wars Open World RPG

BouncyFrag

4 people backed the 1500$ tier. LMFAO!

Edit The comments are killing me. :D
I think we all know who is offering to mo-cap the lightsaber action:
star-wars-kid-remix-o.gif

This whole project was created solely by me, Devin Tripp. I do not have permission from Disney to create this game as of now. Disney has no part of this as of now. I have received a reply from Disney telling me to ask Lucas Films

This is the equivalent of a parent saying "ah I don't know, go ask your mother" while they're focusing on something else.

Kick starter for a Star Wars game? Damn EA really fall down... ohh wait is a fan that wants to create an RPG maker game? Yeah this is not totally gonna get C&D to dead. Also how did Kickstarter even allowed this in the first place?

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Kickstarter was just cancelled. The long story is up on the Kickstarter page

TL;DR

The point of this whole Kickstarter is to not let your dreams be dreams. Don't say tomorrow just do it.

-Devin Tripp

This is the equivalent of a parent saying "ah I don't know, go ask your mother" while they're focusing on something else.

Well, whoever it was was definitely reading this thread

I believe most of you said quote " that's like a father telling the kid to go ask their mother because they do not want to deal with them." Yet I recieved emails from random people basically telling their dad to send me to timeout because they don't like me.

Weetrick

"I love all their pirates of the Caribbean movies. I always wanted to be captain jack, but I think Mr. Depp is to good to be replaced."

Jamaro85

Edit: Beaten to it

This whole project was created solely by me, Devin Tripp. I do not have permission from Disney to create this game as of now. Disney has no part of this as of now. I have received a reply from Disney telling me to ask Lucas Films

A few minutes later...

Disney was created because Walt Disney had a dream, was it not? I find it ironic because on a lot of the news and the forums there was a quote from something I said. It read " I have talked to Disney, and they have informed me to contact Lucas arts". I believe most of you said quote " that's like a father telling the kid to go ask their mother because they do not want to deal with them."

Hmm...

(unless that really was a common response he was getting elsewhere)

105.Will

So this was a joke, right? About half way through his update it just kinda fell apart into a crazy tangent about pirates, Walt Disney, and dreams. Well, we had a good run, glad he shut it down instead of dad having to do it.

The dream is dead.

Seriously though, I'm not sure why he thought he could spearhead any licensed video games property. EA is already working on other SW VG so why would they let just any kid start a Kickstarter. He seems a little out of touch.

Top Bottom