• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: Star Wars Open World RPG

Haunted

Kid who did this is like the other side of the coin to of all the KS haters. Completely clueless with an agenda.

"obi jim Kenobi"

tumblr_nyqrh43S1E1tpslx9o1_500.gif

zip stick

Well thatll teach me to read user comments and click on their links from the kickstarter page. Not great in an open plan office.

Im hoping no one behind me saw the avatars f*cking

So how old do you have to be to put up a Kickstarter page?

Also, already at $18,000? People are hilarious.

How dumb do you have to be to back this, there's no way this will fly.
I just.. I just can't o_O

I have to assume that people are backing it knowing full well it can't happen and are doing it as a joke.

charsace

This has to be a joke. If it isn't then this guy is dumb and dumber levels of dumb. This guy sounds like he would take a month to sort an array of numbers.

It would be hilarious if this was someone from EA are Disney joking around.

People anticipating a lawsuit, besides being jerks :p, are going to be disappointed. All that will happen is that it will be shut down on copyright claims before the 30 days are up, because duh.

KaoticBlaze

Wait, why would Disney tell him to ask Lucasfilm? Doesn't Disney have all the rights to anything and everything Star Wars now? or am I missing something?

Bluth54

Wait, why would Disney tell him to ask Lucasfilm? Doesn't Disney have all the rights to anything and everything Star Wars now? or am I missing something?
I think Lucasfilm is run (fairly) independently from Disney and they handle all the Star Wars licensing.

KaoticBlaze

I think Lucasfilm is run (fairly) independently from Disney and they handle all the Star Wars licensing.

Hmm, that's pretty interesting. I just assumed Disney took over every aspect of the IP when they bought it. Their way or the highway type of thing.

Donos

Hmm, that's pretty interesting. I just assumed Disney took over every aspect of the IP when they bought it. Their way or the highway type of thing.

Disney still owns Lucasfilm now, no matter what. In the end, they probably have a big say in everything SW related.

Interfectum

Disney still owns Lucasfilm now, no matter what. In the end, they probably have a big say in everything SW related.

I'm pretty sure Disney just looks at SW from a very high level. I doubt they micromanage anything Lucasfilm is doing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dang, someone going in on Sculli on the comments section:

cpDFvEp.png

4 people backed the 1500$ tier. LMFAO!

Edit The comments are killing me. :D
Alex Santa Maria about 19 hours ago
If you need someone to motion capture lightsaber footage in a dimly lit garage while wearing a shirt that's too small for me, I'm your man!

Grant Garrison about 19 hours ago
Devin Tripp, I hope this project succeeds and your name goes down as the modern day Tommy Wiseau of gaming.

Kitoro

I wish he included a quantity 1, $200,000 pledge tier offering dinner with Harrison Ford, pending his willingness and availability.

daveo42

Banned
This whole KS just reeks of "I'm gonna steal your money" and am surprised anyone has pledged anything to him. At least it should eventually get squashed by Disney, putting an end to this charade.

Okay, the "obi jim kenobi" campaign update sounds really fishy. What if this was reverse trolling ? What if Devin is a GAF member who was playing us all like a damn fiddle, all along and we were his proxies ?

cyrok

Yeah. Nothing shady about this at all. There is no way Disney or Lucas or EA will let this even get to 1%. They are waiting to see how many people back it to reveal that they are making their own version of this idea.

But if you're serious about making this, may the Force be with you.

You gonna need it, son.

Malyse

This whole project was created solely by me, Devin Tripp. I do not have permission from Disney to create this game as of now. Disney has no part of this as of now. I have received a reply from Disney telling me to ask Lucas Films

Oh, ok.

The worst part about this is it shows how little Kickstarter cares about what is blatantly something engineered to steal money from people.

Top Bottom