• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: Star Wars Open World RPG

MODEYV3

Banned
I was kinda interested in it, then realised anything star wars related would not be on kickstarter. Therefore now I find this hilarious after reading the whole proposal. Its a 20 year old trying to scam people. Really surprised kickstarted approved this.

Speely

Banned
This Kickstarter and the resulting GAF thread is literally the best thing to happen to me so far in 2016. My stomach hurts from actually belly laughing like a crazy person.

Thank you, Devin. Thank you.

If this guy added Gon Zolo, I'd pledge all my monies.

tumblr_mhtb0niyE81rswkqao1_1280.jpg

Wow really? Well at least that game was pretty and fun.

...and this game wouldn't be? The graphics of Battlefront and the gameplay of Witcher 3, with the modest budget of only 200k. Oh ye of little faith.

I hope all of the naysayers are banned from playing this glorious Star Wars (like) title when it releases.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I think Steve Miller wrote a song about this Kickstarter.

Rufuscrim

Neo Member
devin just showed he's clearly a troll. Shut it down folks

No no, bear with me here. Probably one of his buddies in the clothes or stocks business told him, "Dude it's not obi ONE kenobi, it's obi WAN" but Devin is from the American South. When he hears WAN, he hears JUAN.

I want to believe.

... Why? Why did this guy actually think this was going to work out? It basically being a pitch aside, Disney will shut this down, and EA has exclusive rights to make Star Wars games anyway.

This is so stupid.

Alvarez

Banned
GOTY guaranteed. All of you naysayers will be surprised when this becomes the greatest Star Skirmishes game of all time.

Sincerely,
Devin's cousin Jarret

I am currently looking into talking with Disney if I am able to do this. If not then there might have to be a compromise on the name or some other parts.

He can change the name to TRUTH & TROLLS! 2

Pledged $60, can't wait :D

KiraXD

... Why? Why did this guy actually think this was going to work out? It basically being a pitch aside, Disney will shut this down, and EA has exclusive rights to make Star Wars games anyway.

This is so stupid.

i dont wanna bad mouth the guy... but it sounds like a kid 2 years out of high school who may be on the spectrum... probably is... has no real-world sensibilities.

Tainted

This is so stupid.

I thought it was pretty obvious this whole thing is/was a joke.....or maybe this post is a joke and the jokes on me

Cannot tell in this thread anymore

WarpathDC

You're better off lighting 60 dollars on fire. Yes, an open world SW game with a 200k budget made by one guy with only a SW logo pulled from google images (and poorly clipped). I can see the C&D coming in 3...2...1...

I want to pledge a dollar just to post on KS that i'd like to kick him in the nuts for at least not even trying to put in the effort of a nice KS page to steal 200k.

WarpathDC

I thought it was pretty obvious this whole thing is/was a joke.....or maybe this post is a joke and the jokes on me

Cannot tell in this thread anymore

I love your optimism but I think Devin may be a few short of a full deck or just a lazy con although i've never raised 16k in 4 days on anything but I'm not making a game WITH BATTLEFRONT GRAPHICS AND WITCHER 3 GAMEPLAY

Cheddahz

Banned
Pre-Intro: This whole project was created solely by me, Devin Tripp. I do not have permission from Disney to create this game as of now. Disney has no part of this as of now. I have received a reply from Disney telling me to ask Lucas Films

...what

ship it

"There are many people out there that have the wrong image when they think about this game so I will go into deep detail as much as I can to get people more excited about this. As I know there are other "very good" games over Star Wars, but within the bounds of good taste, I believe that these RPG's over Star Wars have not reached their full potential. I do not feel immersed in these games. I am not talking about a 1995/2005 game that could be created in a month or two(exaggeration, I am saying that they made a terrible game IN MY OPINION). I am talking about a Star Wars RPG that will completely blow people away; like "Fallout 4", or "The Witcher 3" did. These RPG's set the benchmark of how the future of RPG's should look, and they are a good blueprint to go on. I want to make something that is like this in some respects but goes even further. It will have the graphics of "Battlefront" or better with the feel of "The Witcher 3"."

this guy sucks hard. "within the bounds of good taste" and then sentences later saying shit is made within a month, and then saying hes exaggerating but they are terrible.

Fallout 4 set the benchmark? what??

thank god people like him will never work in the industry.

edit: or maybe he's an effective troll

Top Bottom