• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: The voices in my head tell me to take your money and run

Did you read the rambling blog post on her Deviantart? It seems a little too crazy to fake, and I'm pretty sure she's showing signs of actually being schizophrenic.

Ive seen too many "crazy" people on the internet to believe them anymore.
Of course she could be really a little crazy (and not saying theres not really people with mental illness, that have real problems on the internet and in real life), but that doesnt stop her of trying to scam people right now.

jgminto

Not to get too stalkerish, but her Facebook page (linked from her Kickstarter) is dense with similar ramblings and conversations with herself.

http://www.facebook.com/ThisClose.ToEscape

Given that her deviantArt journal switched from the mundane...

http://porkshanks.deviantart.com/journal/All-is-well-226637433

... to total incoherence from one entry to the next, something's up.

http://porkshanks.deviantart.com/journal/World-Trade-Center-258012429

Medication problems? Living with someone who suffers from Schizophrenia, they can go off the deep end pretty rapidly if they stop the meds or drink alcohol. I'd have to guess something like that happened.

Venfayth

Molly Friedrich
2 hours ago near Lynnwood, WA
I was told this morning that the Stellar Life thought that there was a moment where I had BECOME the entire Galaxy, and that is why I was being challenged so much... but from my perspective, I was listening to something use my name and some aspects of my identity.

I was listening to something that was harassing me claim to become the entire Galaxy back in 2009 and 2010, they were using the name "Horton" even though at that time I was already aware that it was just another fake name, since they also claimed to be "The Vagina", "Obama", "Libby", "Satan", and "Jesus".

But we later discovered that the Sun was just calling itself "The Galaxy". Either way, I felt like I never had a chance to communicate for myself, and then I was attacked by all sorts of things claiming that I was hurting people in ways I wasn't even aware existed.
Molly Friedrich I think it may also have been TRYING to communicate on behalf of a signal from the Galactic Bar that is reaching this planet, and is attempting to contact me and communicate through me as part of its teaching program, and it told me that I am having a hard time printing my game because the being that was claiming to be me WAS actually hurting people, and the Galactic Bar being thought it was righteously holding me down and keeping me from enjoying Life because its "protecting innocent people", even though I was abused by the same exact being that its trying to stop.
2 hours ago · Edited
Molly Friedrich I've noticed that when I am not being "held down", that I can hear the thoughts coming from other people's heads as if they were talking.

Both masculine and feminine looking people have been used to reject me and "box me down", of a whole range of ages, from small children to elders. It generally seems to just use ANY excuse whatsoever, no matter what I say or do or think... it just finds something that is different from me in any way and it pretends to be that person finding a reason to reject me, and the only group that never has voices coming from THEIR heads EVER is XX Chromosome vagina "book and hole" having people... so I think that people who have thoughts coming FROM their heads when I can hear them are boxed-in the same way I usually feel.
about an hour ago · Edited

wat

tuffy

I used to control a Sun all the time. It's not that hard.
CEOVz.jpg

NATURE'S HARMONIC FOUR DAY TIMECUBE

we should make a kickstarter for this.

seasons per directional controls, make stuff grow or die as required.

It could actually be quite wonderful. Oh, and you get to talk to the sun. And be chased by it.
Your name...is...mario. Mario. Mario Mario.

BAM!

(really though: Viva Pinata 'stuff' with season control could actually be interesting.)

lmao. take the money and run.

its not that much cash... so she's not going to get support after this. its not going to stretch far at all.

Who here likes having a body that is wide and fat as possible?

I know its never what I'm aiming for... I can't imagine anyone who does. If you do, I'd love to know why.

Personally, I am made in God's image... gatherings of spheres of nourishing flesh with long thin connections between them. The sun is my base, both warm and pulling in life when it is ready... Saturn is my Head, Jupiter is my heart. Earth is my digestive system. Mercury and Venus represent legs. I guess that makes the atomic material of Neptune and Uranus the roundness of the breasts and the dark material of the hydrogen there could be the arms.

The Oort cloud ring is our halo.

dpe3ao.gif

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Just out of curiosity... a question for anyone who has silicon implants/silicon injections or who knows someone who does...

How much land do you own?

If you don't own any land or never plan on buying enough any to pass down through your FAMILY for generations, WHY do you care about the future of this planet?

8cRrb.jpg

I don't think she does that anymore, I'm pretty sure she's crazy full time these days.

Too bad, I'd buy some of that...

Did you read the rambling blog post on her Deviantart? It seems a little too crazy to fake, and I'm pretty sure she's showing signs of actually being schizophrenic.

The stories I've heard* of schizophrenia sound very very familiar to this type of rambling, as you've mentioned.

There's something legitimately wrong with this person.

Codeblue

I can't tell if she's mentally disabled or feigning a mental disability to steal from people.

I must know if it's ok to laugh at this.

mango drank

Thoughts:

• If she's faking being mentally ill, she's doing an incredible job of it. Imagine the patience, dedication, and eye for detail it would take to write PAGES AND PAGES of rambling, mostly-incoherent dream logic like that. (Then again, as an artist, she must be used to tedious detailed work. But I dunno, something about this strikes me as genuine. Personally, I imagine I'd get exhausted and start FEELING like I was losing my mind for reals after coming up with only a couple paragraphs, and have to stop completely, forever.)
  • Of course, if she IS faking it, eff her in the ass. She's mocking people with serious mental problems, and she's stealing money, all at once. But again, doubt it.
  • That disability income thing throws me. I'm assuming she's on disability for her mental problems, but is she not getting any type of meds or counseling or anything? If she is, she needs to up her dosage. Maybe these posts are being written up during lapses when the meds wear off or she forgets to take them or something? Then again, if she has periods where she's "okay" mentally, why is she leaving these crazy posts up for the world to see? If that was me I'd be deleting them and writing humiliated apology posts in my "okay" periods. Maybe somehow the "okay" her has no idea what the "crazy" her does online. Seems unlikely, though? I'm betting, then, that she's unwell most of the time, and unmedicated, or medicated to little effect.
  • Which leads me to wonder: does she not have friends and family in her life who'd notice this behavior? They'd rush her to a hospital pretty much immediately. Is she living alone? Holy hell, are there people like this who are too ill to realize they're ill, and they've got no loved ones around to notice their problems and get them help? What a depressing thought. :(
  • There's a little bit of twisted fun in watching this whole train wreck unfold, and I'm definitely part of the crowd here, but I think a lot of that comes from the ambiguity of the situation: is she crazy or not? Is she faking it to get out of this? Etc. Honestly, if you've ever seen this kind of thing happen to one of your loved ones pretty much out of the blue (I have), you'd be scared out of your mind. It's a deeply chilling, terrifying realization that the brain is such a fragile thing. It's awful.
  • Lastly, I couldn't help but be reminded of the Gabrielle Giffords shooting last year. They dug up the shooter's ramblings online, and his stuff pretty much mirrors the kind of stuff this girl is posting. Obsessions with random abstract nonsense concepts, globe-spanning effects, etc. The shooter was focused on how the population didn't know "grammar," whatever that means. Then he put together a plan of action.

Vamphuntr

Guys guys guys.

It's not a girl. It's a dude.

aceventuraplunger.gif

It actually seems that she's intersexed? If you read her rambling someone posted earlier she's talking about that. I don't see how this is funny at all as it seems it is one the cause of her mental problems.

Sblargh

Banned
I'm speechless.
I'm completely without speech.
My life has done a lousy job of properly preparing me to stuff like this.

People actually donated to this? Between this and the Penny Arcade scam, I gotta get down on Kickstarter.

I have a real use for it, can provide a real product and I'm not insane. I can't lose.

This woman is obviously mentally ill. It is quite alarming that so many people are trying to push her further off the deep end.

Hope she gets some help. The whole situation is messed up.

iammeiam

[*]That disability income thing throws me. I'm assuming she's on disability for her mental problems, but is she not getting any type of meds or counseling or anything? If she is, she needs to up her dosage. Maybe these posts are being written up during lapses when the meds wear off or she forgets to take them or something? Then again, if she has periods where she's "okay" mentally, why is she leaving these crazy posts up for the world to see? If that was me I'd be deleting them and writing humiliated apology posts in my "okay" periods. Maybe somehow the "okay" her has no idea what the "crazy" her does online. Seems unlikely, though? I'm betting, then, that she's unwell most of the time, and unmedicated, or medicated to little effect.

Her long rambling post makes mention of a shoulder injury, which is probably why she's on disability.

The Deviant Art stuff does make this seem more likely a real problem than anything, and has sort of sucked the entertainment out of what originally seemed like a silly dodge of KS responsibilities.

Untitled-4.png

The "Not only is everything happening for a reason, it's all interconnected and directly affects me" thing is a great example of schizophrenic thought process. She's probably off her meds, which for whatever reason, schizophrenics tend to do ("I'm not crazy, and these pills make me feel tired...").

I'm guilty of rubber-necking the FB/DA posts like everyone else, but she needs some help.

I suspect that the people who donated fear she may hurt herself if she doesn't get to see this project through. I hope she doesn't hurt herself... it is obvious she is not well. Damn.

chiablo

I want a kickstarter project that is the dramatic reading of her journal by a classically trained Shakespearean actor.

mango drank

Holy ... fucking ... shit @ her facebook.

A constant stream of nonsense posts. Click on "View all [x] comments," see that all her comments are hers. With the exception of a couple friends here and there, who for the most part ... don't realize she's lost it? Wha?

Money quote:
"Just out of curiosity... a question for anyone who has silicon implants/silicon injections or who knows someone who does...

How much land do you own?"

I wonder what the odds are that this situation will make the mainstream news soon? Probably not, but wow.

Would you settle for a video diary? (I didn't find this myself, it was posted on the BGG thread about this)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LseUPgVBRc

Wow. This is from three years ago. I haven't watched the whole thing, but s/he's mostly coherent here, although you can hear traces of crazy starting to creep in. She sounds pretty damn intelligent. Sad to see a brain slowly destroyed.

Codeblue

Holy ... fucking ... shit @ her facebook.

A constant stream of nonsense posts. Click on "View all [x] comments," see that all her comments are hers. With the exception of a couple friends here and there, who for the most part ... don't realize she's lost it? Wha?

That's the part that gives me pause. I would drag a friend to the hospital if their page was like this. Surely of the hundreds of "friends" there's at least one friend who is watching her argue with herself about the cosmic navy and space pedophilia and can maybe parse these subtle clues to mean that she is off her meds.

mango drank

Surely of the hundreds of "friends" there's at least one friend who is watching her argue with herself about the cosmic navy and space pedophilia and can maybe parse these subtle clues to mean that she is off her meds.

Exactly ... pretty disillusioning, isn't it? Does she actually know any of her 907 (!) FB friends in real life? Where are they? I gotta imagine most of those people have her on ignore by now, or see what's going on but think they're helpless to do anything about it.

Pretty freaky, also, to think how the internet and social networks now enable someone to spill their mental illness out by the bucketloads in the form of text for the entire world to read. She's, like, wiping her brain all over her Facebook.

There's almost nothing about this that should really be funny, and yet every square inch of this thread is.

Mental illness is an ugly, sad thing though, and frankly when I stop laughing at the posts in here, the reality behind it all is scary as shit.

Top Bottom