• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: The voices in my head tell me to take your money and run

Balya

The Kickstarter was for this:
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/103115/katalyka

Katalyka is a board game for 1-4 players that focuses on what it feels like to live as a member of the Stellar Consciousness of a Galaxy. It all starts with one Star for each player, and the goal is to invest your Stellar resources in the smartest strategic ways to build planets, then cultures that help grow your consciousness across the Galaxy! This is not a "typical space opera shoot-em-up" type game. Katalyka's system uses 'by the turn' customisable visual reference chart for deployment of Stellar resources into a full range of different gameplay styles. To truly master the Galaxy, you have to do more than just build space ships and lasers, in fact... right now those are relatively unimportant advancements in this game.

The gameplay is similar to a cross between Risk and Magic The Gathering.

Play should only take a few minutes to learn how to play, but the complexity of the strategic possibility increases nearly exponentially as the gameplay deepens. There are 13 different types of interactions possible when interacting with an opponent, each of these pathways offers a different style of gameplay, and each one has been mastered by a different culture of the Galaxy. Each group has different weaknesses and strengths, and can be seen as a hero, or a villain... depending on your game strategy.

Learn trade and master transportation in The Circle of Life, master data archiving and planetary engineering in The Order of the Singularity, and befriend multidimensional predators or hire anarchist hackers in The Forgotten... as you try to build a culture rich enough to become a member of The Elite, mysterious beings with capabilities and resources spanning every level of life.

This is a game unlike most others. I agree with those who said that a good strategy game takes minutes to learn and a lifetime to master. There are elements of this system that I have been working on developing for over two decades.
I think that the loss of magic and mystery we experience with some of our scientific observations may be restored, and a more healthy balance of life can be found through respecting the Macro Organic life and finding new ways to interact with them... also learning to respect the old ways in a new light.

This manual is divided into two sections, the quick start section (for those who want to just dive right in and start playing), and the Galactic Primer (for those of you who enjoy learning about the deeper backstory of the Universe of Katalyka).

Venfayth

The game actually sounds like it could be cool/fun - so if people weren't careful with their background checking I could easily see this happening (people backing her)

Wouldn't be surprised if this dude got a slight majority of his funding from contributers who thought he was in fact a woman. Its technically false advertising, but they should have done their research before parting with their money based on that. cause internet.

squidyj

Wouldn't be surprised if this dude got a slight majority of his funding from contributers who thought he was in fact a woman. Its technically false advertising, but they should have done their research before parting with their money based on that. cause internet.

What am I even looking at here?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
The first part of this tread pointed me to believe this to be some kind of awesome performance art. Now I'm nervous because I don't live far enough away from Lynnwood.

I'm confused by the timeline. Although the project description (for the Kickstarter) is a bit underdeveloped, it's written in normal english. And it's not obviously insane. But by the time the Kickstarter was going on (late-ish 2011), she was clearly already doing poorly.

So how did that happen? Was the Kickstarter done during a brief period of sanity? Or might it have been done with someone's help? (Perhaps a friend was trying to help her stay grounded and work on something?)

thebeeks

Banned
qZ0iY.gif

Oh god, what have I woken up to? This thread is too crazy.

Seriously though, I hope it's all an incredible prank, because I'm gonna feel kinda bad when she/he/the sun/whatever has that inevitable aneurysm.

It actually seems that she's intersexed? If you read her rambling someone posted earlier she's talking about that. I don't see how this is funny at all as it seems it is one the cause of her mental problems.

Yeah something like that. he says she has a penis and breasts. But I wasn't making fun of her, no way. She needs help. I was making fun of myself and I'm sure a few others who were like, "Hmmmm...." when looking at her DA picture before finding out the truth.

chiablo

I posted a comment on one of her deviantart entries and I got this response:

lol

I've found this sort of confusion is starting to work rather well!

We're adjusting the con, and the fusion is going much more smoothly now.

Thank you, though!

Sounds like a schizophrenic. Hardy her fault she can't finish the project if the symptoms have just recently manifested or intensified. I don't view this as malicious, just another reminder to all of us to be thankful that our minds work as intended.

As a diagnosed schizophrenic I can't decide if I am offended by this thread. Some of her ramblings are fucking hilarious :(. She needs meds though, for real.

If she's faking she's so good at it. This is the kind of thought process for some of us. Mine is more based in reality but still subject to fantasy. Just not...this crazy.

As a diagnosed schizophrenic I can't decide if I am offended by this thread. Some of her ramblings are fucking hilarious :(. She needs meds though, for real.

If she's faking she's so good at it. This is the kind of thought process for some of us. Mine is more based in reality but still subject to fantasy. Just not...this crazy.

videodrome-03152012.jpg

tell me more...

gabbo

Can we have a spin off in OT where you talk about this, in the context of this thread/KS?

videodrome-03152012.jpg

tell me more...

LOL. I don't think this thread is offensive afterall. Not enough people are educate about the condition to be tasteful about it. When you see our thought process in words it is going to look crazy as fuck (because it is). It's natural to laugh.

As for elaborating on my fantasy I'll have to pass lol. Way to personal and still crazy as all hell. My delusions take place in something resembling reality though so I don't have suns and reality police chasing my ass, thankfully.

this is real shame, the game genuinely seems interesting. i like the art in a cheesy way.

but she's definitely suffering from a near psychotic break and/or schizophrenic.

diamount

Banned
Does Kickstarter even mention what happens when a project is successfully funded and they keep stalling or just take the money and run?

Top Bottom