• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter Thread | List of gaming kickstarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majukun

Am I missing something with this? I could lay down the tiles that correspond to barracks, library etc but then it does nothing. I can possess a imp but all I can do is make it hit nothing. I couldn't even find a way to quit the game when I was done looking at it. I know it's prealpha but there doesn't seem to be anything at all to actually demo so why does that exist?

I have to say I went in expecting to be interested enough to back but it had the opposite effect. I'm actually wondering if these people are as inept as the demo makes them seem. Sorry if the makers see this as I know it's harsh but I'm genuinely puzzled why anyone would release something like that to try to entice people into backing this.

is a concept demo,you are not supposed to do anything but look how the game is supposed to work control wise and how the graphic is

Aselith

is a concept demo,you are not supposed to do anything but look how the game is supposed to work control wise and how the graphic is

I would think they should temper expectations by calling it that then because it says demo and they refer to it as a demo. The dude who posted it said "it even has a demo!" I'd assume he hadn't played it yet which when you actually play it you realize...no it does not have a demo. Obviously, that's not a rep of theirs but then on the Kickstarter it says "PLAYABLE demo" which no, no it cannot be played.

mgaia

Neo Member
Hi,

I work for a game company called m.gaia and we just released a visual novel called Soul Gambler that I think people here are going to enjoy.
The game places the player on the role of Faust, a man who sees his life change after receive a proposal from a mysterious gypsy. The current version already have a preface and the Chapter 1, but to continue the story we created a Kickstarter to get the founds to continue the game.

photo-little.jpg

The project have only 48 hours left, but we already have 102% funded, so we created a few stretch goals as well:

* $5,500 - OUYA Port
* $6,000 - Mac OSX Port
* $7,000 - Linux Port

EDIT:

The Kickstarter is over, but if you played the game and wants to give us your feedback, you can go to this link and do it.

Lime

Jubbly

Something a bit different - a 'Gamers Paradise' gaming desk: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/155163930/gamers-paradise-gaming-desk-a-new-way-to-play/

I love the concept, but there are so many design flaws:

• Power outlets on the desk itself - one knocked over drink and the entire thing is fried
  • No USB 3.0 unless you pay nearly $500 extra
  • Not wide enough for 3 monitors (this is a premium-priced desk for serious gamers, the type of gamers who might well have 3 monitors)
  • Chassis holder won't fit all case sizes and will be a pain in the ass if you need to tinker
  • Monitor plugs into the desk, then on the underside it goes from the desk to the PC, so now you need 2 HDMI cables instead of one
  • No surge protection
  • Poor headphone jack placement
  • Terrible stretch goals - +$40k for a plexiglass headphone stand?!

That's what I got from just watching the video and reading the page... Yikes

Feep

Banned
Yo, GAF!

I'm launching a Kickstarter project in a couple days, and I'd like about ten of you guys to give me some feedback. Ideally, you:

1) Like me
2) Are bored
3) Are extremely honest
4) Have a lot of experience with gaming Kickstarter projects, and understand what facets help to make a successful project, and
5) CAN KEEP A SECRET. Seriously, it would be actually cause significant damage if word were to get out before Friday, so it's really, really important you don't tell anyone. Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.

If you'd like to take a look and offer some advice, let me know! I'll PM you a link to the Kickstarter preview page.

Thanks!

DiscoJer

Yo, GAF!

I'm launching a Kickstarter project in a couple days, and I'd like about ten of you guys to give me some feedback. Ideally, you:

1) Like me
2) Are bored
3) Are extremely honest
4) Have a lot of experience with gaming Kickstarter projects, and understand what facets help to make a successful project, and
5) CAN KEEP A SECRET. Seriously, it would be actually cause significant damage if word were to get out before Friday, so it's really, really important you don't tell anyone. Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.

If you'd like to take a look and offer some advice, let me know! I'll PM you a link to the Kickstarter preview page.

Thanks!

There's a 2013 thread for KS

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506463

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom