• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

10 minutes until the NWR tournament officialy starts!

Get pumped, Team IcarusGAF!

IcarusGAF.jpg

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Quick question: Does offering hearts to Palutena or
Viridi
do anything? Do you unlock more weapons, or spoken dialogue or whatever?

DNF

Quick question: Does offering hearts to Palutena or
Viridi
do anything? Do you unlock more weapons, or spoken dialogue or whatever?

No. As far as i understand, it only gives you the opportunity to buy more discounted weapons. (not instantly, but after you finished 1 or 2 levels after the hearts offering

Does anyone want to try and abuse the system with me to get weapons? 6 people in a Small Arena all having the attack button taped down should do just fine, I figure. Someone on GFAQs said it works for him. Ideally, I'd like to set up a room in the morning and have people just join in during the morning to let it run all day long.

I tried abusing the training room for hearts, but the Monoeyes stop giving hearts after you kill ~15 of them. -_- Damn Sakurai thought of everything!

PK Gaming

No. As far as i understand, it only gives you the opportunity to buy more discounted weapons. (not instantly, but after you finished 1 or 2 levels after the hearts offering

It does nothing of the sort! It's been tested, and donating hearts. I've gotten my fair share of sales and i've donated very little in reality.

Does anyone want to try and abuse the system with me to get weapons? 6 people in a Small Arena all having the attack button taped down should do just fine, I figure. Someone on GFAQs said it works for him. Ideally, I'd like to set up a room in the morning and have people just join in during the morning to let it run all day long.

I tried abusing the training room for hearts, but the Monoeyes stop giving hearts after you kill ~15 of them. -_- Damn Sakurai thought of everything!

I'd be fine with this. When are you planning on opening the room?

jgkspsx

I would love to do this. Most of my weapons are comically underpowered in late-game single player, much less multi. I only have a handful of weapons that are usably strong, after 16 hours of play.

I'd be fine with this. When are you planning on opening the room?

I would love to do this. Most of my weapons are comically underpowered in late-game single player, much less multi. I only have a handful of weapons that are usably strong, after 16 hours of play.
I can open one now. Let's add each others' friend codes.

These will be the room's specs:
1) 1 minute matches.
2) Small Arena.
3) 6 players.
4) Friends and Friends of Friends allowed (to help keep it filled with non-AI).
5) CPU AI set to 1.

I recommend bringing a weapon with good homing to ensure that your rounds hit someone - the guy on GFAQs said this is important.

We'll see if it works!

Edit: Room is up. The guy also said not to close your 3DS cover. We'll see how it goes. In theory, more people = more rewards, but he said he does it 1v1 with his sister's 3DS. If it turns out that we don't get anything, maybe we could try with a 2-person room to see how it goes.

Are you quite sure this won't bork my L button? I'd hate for that to happen right before the tournament...
I don't see why it would. All I do while flying around in this game is hold my L button down. It's not like tape somehow makes the button press more damaging or something. At least that's my logic.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Got a SpotPass message that the Kid Icarus anime shorts are coming back.

At the end of the message I thought it said they were coming to the eShop as a free download too, but I read it wrong and they just meant Nintendo Video :/

jgkspsx

I got nothing from my matches with Scrafty. I'd like to find out what his experience was. Might try the 1v1 room next, and I'm not sure if shooting even matters.
I got some great weapons and powers (Bumblebee lv 2 woo!) from playing bots for twenty minutes.

Been trying to clear levels on Intensity 9 (and if not, I'll settle for 8). But I'm having a bitch of a time on Chapter 9. Do the three sacred treasures suck? Should I be avoiding using them? I like killing Ornes... :(

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Do you want to take a guess at what happens in the next chapter? I'm not even going to hint, but it's going to be awesome.
Chapter
was not more awesome than
. :/

Everything after
Pit grows his wings back
was a rollercoaster of quality for me.

McNum

Chapter
was not more awesome than
. :/

Everything after
Pit grows his wings back
was a rollercoaster of quality for me.
I was referring to chapter
there. The one where you, if you hadn't guessed already, find out that this game is kind of crazy. The last few chapters were okay, what they might lack in fight quality, they sure made up for in style. (Final chapter spoiler)
"Great Sacred Treasure Activate!"
Pit so needs to do that in the next Smash...

Nice! One more to go.

Seriously, you're one of the oddest cases out there...!

Good luck against
Aurum Pyrrhon
you'll need it!

I know I'm weird. The last 5 Chapters I beat on 9.0 were
13, 22, 4, 18, and FRIGGIN' 23 OH GOD THE PAIN WHY.

After I beat that last level, all I'll need to do to secure my sense of self-worth is win the tournament. We'll see how that turns out.

Korosenai

I know I'm weird. The last 5 Chapters I beat on 9.0 were
13, 22, 4, 18, and FRIGGIN' 23 OH GOD THE PAIN WHY.

After I beat that last level, all I'll need to do to secure my sense of self-worth is win the tournament. We'll see how that turns out.

Oh it'll turn out good.

I have the room up, and I figured out that what you need to do is PUSH a button if you want stuff. For example, I did a room 1v1 against a level 1 computer, and just mashed attack without moving. I didn't kill him, but I hit him once or twice, and I got 162 hearts. So, the trick seems to be having a button pushed at some time. Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

Beat Chapters
1 through 16
on Intensity 9 so far. Thank goodness for my 6 range Artillery Claws with +4 Confuse, which has absolutely no right being as good of a status to use in Single Player as it is. So far Chapter
was by far the hardest. Though I anticipate a few later ones giving me more grief.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
My new favorite weapon, just got 17 kills on FFA!

KoSgN.jpg

Doesn't hit very hard (for about 130 charged dash shoot), but shoots and charges very fast and has good build in homing.

What's your take on it, GAF?

Sagitario

I don't think I will ever get good at this game.

I am not disliking it or anything and I love the dialogues/characters (I could hear them talk all day), but it just doesn't click with me.

It doesn't help that I haven't found a [good] weapon I am comfortable with yet and that this game makes my eyes hurt A LOT.

PKrockin

90 hours and I'm still addicted. I was really hopeful for this game (with some lingering doubts) but it has completely blown away my expectations. I'm an crazy Smash fanboy but it almost seems a waste that Sakurai isn't going on to make another creative project instead.

jgkspsx

It doesn't help that I haven't found a [good] weapon I am comfortable with yet
This is probably the key. Things are really not so fun with crappy weapons.

Just picked up a load of great weapons and powers in
chapter 20.
Really need to go back and find the zodiac chambers I missed, though.

Top Bottom