• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Yup. They beat team triforce so i thought they were legit.

I saw us beating them 3-2 in some pretty close games.

Yeah, if we can beat the dudes who put Trifarce in their place, we can beat anyone! Nothing can stop us! WE ARE BOOLITPROOF!

Oh yeah, and now this is the part where you tell us you recorded every match to boost GAF morale.

Korosenai

Yeah, if we can beat the dudes who put Trifarce in their place, we can beat anyone! Nothing can stop us! WE ARE BOOLITPROOF!

Oh yeah, and now this is the part where you tell us you recorded every match to boost GAF morale.
I tried it but it looked terribad, and i played terrible so you didnt miss much :p

Maybe next time for the finals if i can figure out a good setup.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I tried it but it looked terribad, and i played terrible so you didnt miss much :p

Maybe next time for the finals if i can figure out a good setup.

Thank goodness, I don't think I could stomach watching my poor pimp cane game :^/
At least I didn't die much, if at all those few games. And my Black Hole helped you guys out, i'm hoping.

Thank goodness, I don't think I could stomach watching my poor pimp cane game :^/
At least I didn't die much, if at all those few games. And my Black Hole helped you guys out, i'm hoping.

It was invaluable. I was able to score 2 consecutive kills in the second game because of it. You may not get the most kills, but you fill the role of Team IcarusGAF's support and rifleman better than anyone else could.

Anteo

Black Hole is too good, many times I've killed 2 enemies under the duration of one. of course, it's a lot likely that a player will have something to counter it, like another black hole

Black Hole is too good, many times I've killed 2 enemies under the duration of one. of course, it's a lot likely that a player will have something to counter it, like another black hole
The ultimate Black Hole / Explosion counter is Angelic Missile, which is also a solid power on its own.

Anteo

The ultimate Black Hole / Explosion counter is Angelic Missile, which is also a solid power on its own.

For some reason, if you use another black hole, or mega lazer, you get a few secons where the black hole won't pull you in, so you have a chance to escape

Edit : Super Speed is good too

Chopper

Two things I wish this game had: An in-game timer and on-screen boss health gauge. At least as high-end unlockables in the Hidden Options menu. Would make some of the speed runs and mission objectives a little less frustrating.

So it seems Dr. Hadji and KirbyKid were eliminated from the tournament... That's truly too bad.

You can still make GAF proud, though. Could you please tell us what kind of weapons and powers Wombo Combo used? If we could prepare to counter them, our chances of winning will be that much greater.

I'll give you guys a shout-out on the podcast and a free eShop game if we win ;)

Thanks!

Korosenai

So it seems Dr. Hadji and KirbyKid were eliminated from the tournament... That's truly too bad.

You can still make GAF proud, though. Could you please tell us what kind of weapons and powers Wombo Combo used? If we could prepare to counter them, our chances of winning will be that much greater.

I'll give you guys a shout-out on the podcast and a free eShop game if we win ;)

Thanks!
That would be great if they could!

I dont think dr hadji checks the op that much though

PK Gaming

Man... I want IcarusGaf to win more than ever... I keep refreshing this page for the results. When's the fight going down?

You'd better win... no, BELIEVE that you'll win. We've got your backs.

Man... I want IcarusGaf to win more than ever... I keep refreshing this page for the results. When's the fight going down?

You'd better win... no, BELIEVE that you'll win. We've got your backs.

We won't lose. No, we CAN'T lose.

Not when we have all you guys behind us.

Gospel
nubinAtub
scraFty

Together we are Team IcarusGAF, the greatest superteam this side of the Avengers, and Wombo Combo's worst nightmare.

Believe.

Anteo

We won't lose. No, we CAN'T lose.

Not when we have all you guys behind us.

Gospel
nubinAtub
scraFty

Together we are Team IcarusGAF, the greatest superteam this side of the Avengers, and Wombo Combo's worst nightmare.

Believe.

"We will return to skyword victorious"

I emailed the other team and asked them what their timezone was so we could come up with a good time.

You get my pm about the new disconnect rule?

Yup, but seeing as we've had no disconnects so far, we should be fine. If anything, they'll be the ones to disconnect.

Out of rage.

Because we beat them.

Thats awesome. How many do you have exactly?

Edit: the other team is eastern time and they said 10 central may be too late for them.

Feh, I'm EST and I don't think it's too late. What are they, schoolchildren?

Anyways, I'm free pretty much all day tomorrow, so just let me know if you can work out a better time.

Korosenai

Feh, I'm EST and I don't think it's too late. What are they, schoolchildren?

Anyways, I'm free pretty much all day tomorrow, so just let me know if you can work out a better time.
Lol thats what i was thinking when they said that.

I emailed them saying it was a good time for all of us, and kid icarus matches are short anyways so it shouldnt last long. With my current internet setup, only time i can play is at or after 10 central.

Thats awesome. How many do you have exactly?

For USA cards:

136 from Series 1 Booster Packs.
20 from Packed in with the game.
3 from Club Nintendo.
1 from Game Informer April.
3 from @Gamer April.
3 from Nintendo Power April.
3 from Official Prima Player's Guide.
1 from Nintendo World Store New York.
5 from Gamestop.

and if you're obsessive, the Promo cards:

3 from PAX Prime 2011.
3 from San Diego Comic Con 2011.
3 from E3 2011.

For a total of 136+20+19 = 175 currently released, 183 counting the promos.

(This of course doesn't count duplicates...*sigh* Gotta get rid of like 100 of these.)

Giolon

Is anybody looking to trade AR Cards? I'm really not interested in playing the eBay scalper game.

I've got the following duplicates available for trade:

003 Fiends Cauldron
004 Power of Flight
019 Thanatos (Transformations 1)
083 Crusader Blade
095 Knuckle Staff
120 Darkness Bow
141 Babel Club
142 Skyscraper Club
156 Fireworks Cannon
182 Bowl Arm
180 Drill Arm