• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Christ this game is hard to play with the Circle Pad Pro and the stand at the same time. Can't get a good grib on the machine and keep it steady on the stand. But otherwise the game is surprisingly fun, ground combat feels much more responsive and interesting then I had ever expected it to be.

Robin64

So can anyone verify the 60fps that was mentioned several pages back? Because looking at all the gameplay videos definitely does not look like 60fps.

It can hit 60fps, but often it dips. Multiplayer can especially suffer when everyone is in the same place and effects are flying around like crazy. It's never horrible, though.

kanugo

The hell?! Did anyone else had trouble opening up the outer box? Damn, I had to cut the bottom of the box to get the game out.

NeoRausch

The hell?! Did anyone else had trouble opening up the outer box? Damn, I had to cut the bottom of the box to get the game out.
Yupp, box was thight packed! I managed to get everything out without damage...but was SO close to cut it apart.

that opening lid is totally trolling the buyers. "ooohhhhh, you want that game, huh? Try, try hard! Come at me, bro!!"

"street fighter 2 titel theme"

kanugo

Yupp, box was thight packed! I managed to get everything out without damage...but was SO close to cut it apart.

the openen lid is totally trolling the buyers. "ooohhhhh, you want that game, huh? Try, try hard! Come at me, bro!!"

"street fighter 2 titel theme"

Hehehe, at least is not only my box that hated me. I was afraid to rip it apart, so I opened it from the bottom.

NeoRausch

Hehehe, at least is not only my box that hated me. I was afraid to rip it apart, so I opened it from the bottom.
Nah man, there were other gaffers with the same problem earlier in this thread.
Your from EU or US? 'cause it seems to be only in the europe version. As far as i can tell

ryushe

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but for anyone picking it up at Gamestop this morning, if you're a PUR member you should check the PowerUp website to see if you have enough points to redeem for a _ _% off coupon. I barely shop at GS, so I completely forgot about it until this morning, but as I was going through my wallet I then remembered you could do such a thing. I even happened to have enough points to get $10 off from any purchase (sans DLC, I believe). Not as good as BB's offer, but not bad considering you're guaranteed the 3D classics if you pre-ordered it at GS.

Just throwing it out there.

This is the last title I would have expected to have this amount of quality dialogue.

This.

Also, I think this is the first Nintendo game in a loooong time that I've really just fallen in love with. I'm pretty damn used to the controls at this point, so it doesn't bother me in the least. The music, visual style, quirky dialogue and throw backs to the 8-bit era are seriously rubbing me the right way.

I seriously love this game and I'm only on chapter 8. Glad I finally have a reason to play my 3DS (Mario and Monster Hunter just don't do it for me).

just watched a review and man somehow i cannot get excited for this hmm...

it just looks a little like a poor man's Panzer Dragoon Orta to me, getting awesome reviews all over the place though so maybe i should give it a shot.

Jintor said:
This is the last title I would have expected to have this amount of quality dialogue.

Also, I think this is the first Nintendo game in a loooong time that I've really just fallen in love with. I'm pretty damn used to the controls at this point, so it doesn't bother me in the least. The music, visual style, quirky dialogue and throw backs to the 8-bit era are seriously rubbing me the right way.

I came into this thread to post this and that, exactly. I'm
chapters in, and the game just keeps on giving. I can tell you this is one of the most fun Nintendo game I've ever played, and I'm pretty sure that's saying something. I also agree with everyone about the music and sound design. So freaking intense.
Sora LTD is bound to have a great future.

my UPS tracking says Out for Delivery since 7am but I expect like every UPS delivery they won't be able to get into this building :( and come around tomorrow

Amazon sent me my 3D classics code :D downloading

Ragus

Banned
137f9a9e.jpg

Just got it :D. The box is beautiful.

Played about an hour and half of of it so far and absolutely loving it! The art direction, the writing (I've giggled to myself a couple of times), THE MUSIC! and it clearly brimming with content. I'm in love!

As for the controls, I'm getting used to them. I sort of rest the 3DS in the palm of my right hand so the left isn't holding it all up.

Played an online match. Very hectic but very fun. I didn't notice any lag or slow down. I can see me wasting many a hour on it!

Are you guys really quitting 3D Classics out of frustration? That game is awesome and yes I remember it being hard as a kid but I did beat it :D

now to play it again and see the level of my lost skills :(

I think I'm the only one who didn't find Palutena in the 6 cards pack with the game.
I'm crying. Where is my waifu...

and I thought Nintendo had her listed as Rare but everyone seemed to get her card in the box

I find out later

Luigiv

So can anyone verify the 60fps that was mentioned several pages back? Because looking at all the gameplay videos definitely does not look like 60fps.

Of course it doesn't, almost no websites publish 60FPS videos in the first place. The only site I'm aware of who do encode and publish 60FPS footage of games is gamersyde and they don't seem to have any Kid Icarus footage. To work out a games framerate, playing it in person is in most cases the only way to tell.

Edit: Actually Eurogamer uploads 60FPS video too when they can. Going by this video it does look like 30fps.

Ragus

Banned
I've beat the first level. As I expected - no problem with the controls whatsoever.

This game is fucking beautiful and from the start it looks like a great reason to buy a 3DS.

watershed

Banned
I can't believe I'm missing this game, Uprising has been one of my most anticipated 3ds games and it sucks to know that other people are already playing it while I'm just......sitting here.

Just played till my batteries died.

The game sure gets progressively harder, chapter 4 on difficulty 4 really forced me to actually start using skills to get through it. Certain enemies can be tricky as hell.

These foot controls also don't seem that bad to me at all. And this coming from a person
who has never been that good at 3D games to begin with.

Some power spoilers:
I found Autorecticle extremely useful, some enemies are very difficult to deal with in on-foot because dodging and aiming at the same time can be quite
a task, being able to auto-target for a few seconds can really destroy certain enemies.

Top Bottom