• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

kanugo

Taking my time with the game. Finished the 1st chapter.

There isn't anyway to move the reticle with the second analog, right?

I'm using X/A/B/Y to move it.

Teknoman

Might as well start (add to?) the Friend code flood.

4553-9957-7476 if you dont already have it.

Send a PM if you add me please (i've also got Mario Kart 7 and Resident Evil Revlaitions, still progressing through that as well).

Effect

Downloaded the 3D Classic version before leaving for work this morning. Got my code from Amazon. I like what they did with the backgrounds but I can't even get past the first stage. I keep dying. Getting further each time but still. The seemingly random nature of the enemies is wasn't I was expecting from a game from this era.

Ragus

Banned
Weren't we supposed to be able to change difficulty during the game? I'm in chapter 2 and I could set the difficulty before the mission, but I don't see this option during gameplay.

Tempted to get the game.

However I've not got the best idea if I'll like the game or not, since I've never played anything like it. (Rez HD doesn't count, does it?)

Plus I'm left handed.

Does the Circle Pad Pro work with the stand? Or is it better to use the A B X Y buttons with the stand?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Folks, I have never really looked into KI, but I like how this game is shaping up and am debating grabbing it. Do I have to get the circle pad pro? Can I play just fine without?

Truth101

Banned
Weren't we supposed to be able to change difficulty during the game? I'm in chapter 2 and I could set the difficulty before the mission, but I don't see this option during gameplay.

It means that there isn't a select difficulty when you create your save data; Easy, Medium Hard ect.. You can change the difficulty in game, by using hearts before missions, correct me if I'm wrong. That is still in-game.

JohngPR

Does anyone have a general consensus of how the multiplayer is? If it's good enough, I may buy two copies of the game so I can play it with my son.

The 3DS animations were pretty sweet.

mDAI7.png
f9dgR.png

VpTeH.png
f1Hxr.png

Awesome! Mind if if I snag this for a new avatar?
VpTeH.png

massoluk

Banned
I'm at my office in Manhattan, my copy just arrived at my apartment in Jersey City. My hours is until 6:00PM. What do I do GAF, what do I do?!!!

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Got back from a doctors appointment and still nothin at my door. Ah well, at least I got the code for my 3D classic from Amazon.

Is that... Hochu Otsuka I sense?

Oh. Shit.

Hades just got a helluva lot more cool.

Does anyone have a general consensus of how the multiplayer is? If it's good enough, I may buy two copies of the game so I can play it with my son.

I played a few team matches and some battle royals thus far, and it's definitely a lot of fun. There's a ton of customization to be had due to weapons etc. The 3 minute length also makes it very easy to just hop in and play a couple of quick rounds.

^How is the turnout at the Nintendo World store? Anything big besides the exclusive card?

BTW, check how the "how to" videos in the game. Some of them are pretty funny.

daakusedo

I improved pretty quickly with this game, well, more compared to what I read from the pre-launch posts and impressions but I play with a thumbstrap and that's really good.
When I did the first level, the fly part was already a bit hard, so I was scared about the second section of the level.
But now, I still think the battles in the sky are harder, trying in high difficulty I didn't passed that first section in the levels I chose or with very low health.
But when I'm on the ground, the dodge, charge shots and the general speed you can reach is really satisfying.

Neiteio

Damn you got Dark Pit and Palentena?! Jealous :p Character wise I only got Pit and Magnus. I think I may end up tracking down all of the character/boss cards and leave it at that.

Attempting to get all 320(?) would just be silly :D
There are actually over 400 cards, judging from some of the highest numbered ones we've seen.

I'm at work but the package is scheduled to arrive today. CAN'T WAIT. You anti-spoiler people will be disgusted with me but I snuck a peek at the
Hades' reveal
and MAN, what an awesome character. CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT.

Bullza2o

So are the Three Sacred Treasures and Palutena cards rare or something? I plan on unlocking as much as possible in the game before I scan cards.

Jarsonot

Just picked it up. The cards I got are "Pit", "Palutena", "Medusa, Queen of the Underworld", "Twinbellows the Ferocious", "EZ Cannon", and "Monoeye".

My friend code is: 3523-2206-6152

kanugo

"I take it back. The guy's a jerk."

Palutena's great.

Just passed that part. The game has some awesome dialogues. Also, Pit is such a joyable character. Chapter IV here I come.

EDIT: I love the fact they included the design of the original monsters.

Top Bottom