• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Tadale

Picking mine up later today. It's exciting just to be able to play a big new Nintendo title that's not Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid or Kirby.

zroid

Banned
I love the stand. My only worry now is that I might end up keeping it on this thing permanently in lieu of the cradle, so I foresee many low battery indicators in the future.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just played multiplayer with RyougaSaotome for 30 minutes or so and it was great. Chaotic at first but much better later. I prefer team deathmatch to battle royale, though.

Gekiken Kagemaru. No idea what the English language version of the gun is, but this card should work none the less! Scan away!

AorsqevCMAE0dlN.jpg

And yeah, multiplayer was a blast. Battle Royale is fun, but I've always been more of a team guy anyhow. =p

backlot

Got the code for the 3D Classic. How does one save? It has to be possible if there are files!

I didn't see anyone answer this but it saves automatically after you beat a level. You lose everything you collected since the start of the last level if you die so there's no point in saving any other time.

Gekiken Kagemaru. No idea what the English language version of the gun is, but this card should work none the less! Scan away!

AorsqevCMAE0dlN.jpg

And yeah, multiplayer was a blast. Battle Royale is fun, but I've always been more of a team guy anyhow. =p

You're right; it does work on the US version.

English name is just Samurai Blade.

StAidan

Sooo glad I read this thread before heading out to buy the game. I didn't preorder because I didn't care about any of the bonuses, but I just got the $10 discount on bestbuy.com with in-store pickup.

Super duper.

Fletcher

I had no intention to purchase this game what-so-ever. Now my purchase at best buy is ready to be picked up. Surprise video game excitement is the best.

Also, isn't it the best for new games to come out on fridays?

backlot

I had no intention to purchase this game what-so-ever. Now my purchase at best buy is ready to be picked up. Surprise video game excitement is the best.

Also, isn't it the best for new games to come out on fridays?

I really hope Nintendo keeps doing this. Sunday releases are always terrible. Spend most of the weekend not playing the game then get it just in time to go back to work on Monday.

OmegaZero

I could've bought this game before going to class, but I passed because the time interval between buses was too small.

Now I'm regretting it. :/

ryushe

OH GOD DAT INSIDE COVER.
GOD YES!! /fap

As for the game, I'm really liking it so far. Even though the ground combat might take some to get used to, it's not impossible. I am a righty though, soo...

I am conflicted with one thing, though. I've used both the thumb strap and the stylus to play chapter 1 and while I do like the stylus for the game (Much better than with Metroid Prime: Hunters imo), I find playing the game while holding the 3DS rawdogg (aka without the incredible Frankenstand) tires my hands really quickly. On the other hand, the thumb strap is perfect since I still hold the system like I would playing any normal with the added benefit of my thumb acting like a faux second analog stick... the problem? The bonding box feels much smaller than it does when I use the stylus, thus making swiping the screen to turn the camera slightly awkward. I'm more leaning toward the thumb strap control method only for the added benefit of comfort and not needing the use the stand included.

That said, I freaking love the Frankenstand. It's awesome, and since the original cradle is useless to me since I have the Nyko Powergrip installed onto my 3DS, this is a nice cradle substitute.

Games awesome by the way. Just been messing around with the myriad of options available than really sinking into the game.

I can't register my game at Club Nintendo... when I take the survey it acts like I've left a field blank and won't send.
But I've filled everything out. Maybe it's just getting hammered from everyone buying the game and registering it (maybe)

zroid

Banned
I am pleased to see that the home menu icon for the game has Pit smiling. I get it now!

He's pissed on the box because the cartridge is in there at first -- then he smiles once you put it in the system. All makes sense.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Huh, very interesting. On the Club Nintendo survey one of the reasons for "why did you purchase this game?" is literally "because its from Sakurai"

backlot

Yeah, they seem very aware of why it might be popular. The reasons, IIRC, are "its a Sakurai game", "it has local multiplayer", "it has online multiplayer", "it has a bunch of collectable stuff" and a few others.

Is "because Pit's face looks so serious on the cover" one of the answers?

Prinny

I don't have a screen protector so I tried to use the circle pad to aim and ABXY to move.
Moving the character with my right hand was weird at first, but it only took around 15 minutes to get used to it.

Ken

What do the cards do?

I haven't been paying much attention to the game at all but have a copy coming in today.

Reknoc

These cards. I want all the cards, I even spent 250 stars on random cards I likely won't even get until I'm long done with this game (why does it take so long for Club Nintendo stuff to arrive).

Top Bottom