• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

muu

So people are turning the 3d on for this game, it seems. All I get when I turn it on is some ghosting. I've never really played a game with it on. Am I doing something wrong?

Viewing distance is just as important as angle. With the stand you're probably setting it too far down for the sweet spot.

Ra1den

Can you see 3D?

Maybe your eyes need to adjust or you need to find the "sweet spot"?

Viewing distance is just as important as angle. With the stand you're probably setting it too far down for the sweet spot.

Can kinda see 3dish things sometimes, but it's mainly just a ghosty look. So adjust angle and distance...OK. I've not played the 3DS very much, I'm just using my sister's. Looks like I need to find this sweet spot.

The controls work fine for me. With some practice I can do pretty much what I want to regularly.

Dual analogue I'm still struggling with since PS2. Stylus to aim is fantastic!!

Tyeforce

So people are turning the 3d on for this game, it seems. All I get when I turn it on is some ghosting. I've never really played a game with it on. Am I doing something wrong?
If you haven't played your 3DS in 3D very much, then you may have to get used to it first. It's a little weird for most people for the first 15-30 minutes or so of playing because your eyes aren't used to the 3D effect. But once you adjust to it, you shouldn't have any problems, unless you really can't see 3D. It's a shame that so many people turn the 3D off before they even give themselves a chance to adjust. It's going to be weird on your eyes at first, that's normal. It doesn't mean the 3D effect is crap or that you can't see 3D.

Man, I hope everyone here has some sort of grip. I finally ordered one because this game hurts my hand >.>

Really fun/awesome though. But I'd like to play it for more than 15 min before pain.

Tyeforce

I'm still not getting where all the complaints about the controls are coming from. I haven't had any problems at all, and I'm not even using the stand. And when it comes to hand cramps, Mario Kart 7 hurts my hand more than this.

Ra1den

If you haven't played your 3DS in 3D very much, then you may have to get used to it first. It's a little weird for most people for the first 15-30 minutes or so of playing because your eyes aren't used to the 3D effect. But once you adjust to it, you shouldn't have any problems, unless you really can't see 3D. It's a shame that so many people turn the 3D off before they even give themselves a chance to adjust. It's going to be weird on your eyes at first, that's normal. It doesn't mean the 3D effect is crap or that you can't see 3D.

I see...I'll give it another shot then. By the way, where is the best place for the 3d slider, generally? All the way up?

So it seems that if you play with Random people online, friends cannot join your game?

Only if you pick friend battle and then allow friends of a friend to join.....?

Just got home and unpacked everything. I ended up with...

Pit
Palutena
Magnus
Three-Headed Hewdraw
Crusher Arm
Stackjaw

Besides Stackjaw, I'm pretty happy with my set. I was really hoping those Club Nintendo cards would be in my mailbox, but no such luck.

Darryl

Banned
haven't had any control problems at all. flying segments are gorgeous and exciting, land segments are tons of fun. multiplayer keeps you on-the-edge the entire time, and is both hilarious and rage-inducing, just how i like it. game is absolutely amazing so far.

also really like how the commentary was implemented. lots o fun listening to those two gripe @ eachother

I can definitely see how the ground segments can be a pain, though even on a level 5 difficulty, I'm not having too much problem.

Also, the dialog is AMAZING.

Croc

Banned
I was just losing pretty badly in a Together LvD match, when I spotted a piece of Daybreak and went for it. Didn't realize I already had the other 2 parts so I got it assembled, lined up a shot, and killed 2 people at once taking down their 1st health bar. Ended up winning the match!

I'm reeeeally liking the halo club.

zroid

Banned
I'm still not getting where all the complaints about the controls are coming from. I haven't had any problems at all, and I'm not even using the stand. And when it comes to hand cramps, Mario Kart 7 hurts my hand more than this.

Ugh, MK7 is blistering :( The game is so good but I inevitably get cramps after 2-3 races. Makes it a struggle to finish GPs.

StAidan

Just went through the first level with default settings -- including standard controls. I'm actually a lefty, and although I did feel kind of awkward holding the stylus with my right hand, I almost feel like I could get used to it with a little more time.

Had the 3D slider all the way up, and surprisingly had no issues holding the console steady enough to see what I was doing.

And holy cow, what production values! The hype didn't diminish when I started the game the first time -- the wholly awesome music ramped up the hype even more!

And to think I'm barely scratching the surface so far.

jluedtke

Not sure if this has been answered yet, but has anybody received their preorder code from Best Buy yet? Supposedly, the code for Kid Icarus 3D is supposed to be emailed "on or around" the release date. I still haven't seen it, so I'm suspecting they fucked up somehow.

Anyone?

TigerClaws
Pit
Palutena
Medusa
Twinbellow
Slackjaw.

For some reason I'm living on the skin of my teeth. I haven't died yet but man on man. You
think you're good until suddenly you get hit too much and then I freak out and focus
and bearly pullout a win. I'm still hyped, yet I'm playing. This game is amazing.

Man they weren't kidding. Beat the first two chapters and my left hand really hurts.

I found the on-foot controls pretty manageable outside of the boss fights. I guess once I get used to the necessary momentum for quick turns those will be better. Really nice looking game and seemingly very feature packed. As a fan of stuff like Blood Bros. and S&P this is pretty good...well...except for the dialogue. I'm not 13 anymore.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Check out the staff credits.

Looks like Project-Sora is still using several small studios to help develop their games. I think there are about 3-4 other small studios who worked under the team. Looks like the trend will continue onto the next Smash Bros.

Nintendo SPD was the producer of the game. Very special thanks to Toru Osawa and Hirokazu Tanaka as well.

Giolon

I got my copy. The controls don't really make the 3DS feel awkward to hold for me, but I just can't decide on what combination of inversions I want, so I can't get the controls to just feel natural. I got over it back with Metroid Prime Hunters, so I'm sure I can again.

My included cards are:

Pit
Palutena
Dark Pit
Twinbellows the Ferocious
Ore Club
Monoeye

I'd kill for a Medusa card (if it exists).

Dreweyes

Am I doing this right, NeoGAF?

O3RuD.jpg

Circle Pad Pro implementation seems to just mirror the left analog and swap the shoulder buttons. If I didn't have the hori wheel grip, I think the CPP would be a more comfortable alternative just for moving the trigger back to be more comfortable.

Still hoping there's a patch for dual analog support.

hatchx

Banned
Guys, I can't confirm it yet, but it looks like the game includes the rumoured
levels. The way it plays out, it felt like it was going to end on level
but by god it keeps going!

This game is a fuckin' beast!

Actually got some playtime in and yep this game is awesome.

My hand still cramps like a mofo tho....I must have some weak ass fingers..they can't hold the damn 3DS by themselves...The stand helps a bit but then I get to into it and end uppulling the 3DS out of it...lol. When playing it my lap it works like a charm but then the 3D effect is ruined a bit. Kind of a bummer.

I'm not sure how portable this is actually but I don't play on the go too much (not that I have anywhere to go to.... sadness).

That being said , its fun, its funny, and looks damn good to(Music is gdlk).

Cramps suck tho.... time for some finger exercise....wait that sounds dirty.

Top Bottom