• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Giolon

For anyone interested in how the Ryuuko figure came out, I posted some pics in the FigureGAF thread.

Here's a teaser:
Ryuuko-Figure-7.jpg

I also got the Ryuuko prize figure:

Just finished watching the last episode. What a ride.

I really liked how the clothing vs naked themes developed more in the 2nd half of the show.

It's also somewhat humorous how this show desensitizes you to the nudity. At some point it just became normal, especially once Nudist Beach starts getting more spotlight resulting in a lot more casual nudity versus the Kamui transformations.

Just finished watching the last episode. What a ride.

I really liked how the clothing vs naked themes developed more in the 2nd half of the show.

It's also somewhat humorous how this show desensitizes you to the nudity. At some point it just became normal, especially once Nudist Beach starts getting more spotlight resulting in a lot more casual nudity versus the Kamui transformations.
Its fucking nuts how by like episode 10 you just dont see it. Its like they might as well be fully clothed!

Of course there's a KLK OT and I don't see it for all this time *slaps forehead*

Well I better make my first post here worthwhile, so here's some pics of my copy of the UK release of the first Blu-Ray set, which turned up yesterday (at last!)

igcFrebsyl6Wj.JPG

iblaEmdi3rOoie.JPG

igVgGbTWl50xi.JPG

ibF3d7NdYvypH.JPG

ibstgFdXZGhS5F.JPG

ibz7O2vDbEp9E9.JPG

iBMwvSqnZnWJ6.JPG

ibsr0u2qUBXnuD.JPG

i419SPw4u4XGk.JPG

iblOgpawMHxf3u.JPG

ibv6MS4GJhLotm.JPG

iZon5WSuudxns.JPG

ibl7GJNY9mmoem.JPG

iI4IlBWBv4fEc.JPG

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was going to import them but I have no way to play them. I just have to live in a world where dreams never come true.

pariah164

Still got the love for Satsuki, best girl.
FTFY.

If you're serious and not just trolling, I want to know why you seem to hate Satsuki so goddamn much. She's an excellent foil for Ryuuko at the start of the series, and just gets better once the second half kicks into gear.

Puruzi

Banned
I still consider Nui to be a psychotic. At least Satsuki had an honor code. Nui just exists cause Ragyo wanted a life fiber daughter.
I like Nui because she's psychotic. It's fun. She's also pretty attractive.
FTFY.

If you're serious and not just trolling, I want to know why you seem to hate Satsuki so goddamn much. She's an excellent foil for Ryuuko at the start of the series, and just gets better once the second half kicks into gear.
I don't like Satsuki because she's a bit of a dick until the character development. Like what was the reason she couldn't just say she didn't kill Ryuuko 's dad. Seriously. I kinda wanted Ryuuko to rock her with that punch, but whatever.
I like Ryuuko, and Satsuki put her through mad shit because of reasons.

I like Nui because she's psychotic. It's fun. She's also pretty attractive.

I don't like Satsuki because she's a bit of a dick until the character development. Like what was the reason she couldn't just say she didn't kill Ryuuko 's dad. Seriously. I kinda wanted Ryuuko to rock her with that punch, but whatever.
I like Ryuuko, and Satsuki put her through mad shit because of reasons.
Satsuki wanted Ryuuko to get stronger so Satsuki chose to become Ryuuko's motivation for strength. Satsuki could've killed Ryuuko when she first put on Junketsu, but instead she just said I'll challenge you after you beat all of these other people. I'm pretty sure Satsuki realized that Ryuuko would be pretty helpful in taking out her mom after she got stronger.

Puruzi

Banned
Satsuki wanted Ryuuko to get stronger so Satsuki chose to become Ryuuko's motivation for strength. Satsuki could've killed Ryuuko when she first put on Junketsu, but instead she just said I'll challenge you after you beat all of these other people. I'm pretty sure Satsuki realized that Ryuuko would be pretty helpful in taking out her mom after she got stronger.
Satsuki just wanted Ryuuko as a lackey though. It's not Satsuki 's place to make Ryuuko fight with her when Ryuuko had a pretty specific goal. It's fucked up. If you didn't kill the girl's pops, then just say so, everything doesn't need to be some cryptic secretive nonsense.

Satsuki just wanted Ryuuko as a lackey though. It's not Satsuki 's place to make Ryuuko fight with her when Ryuuko had a pretty specific goal. It's fucked up. If you didn't kill the girl's pops, then just say so, everything doesn't need to be some cryptic secretive nonsense.
Even Satsuki realized the way she tried to manipulate people in the beginning was fucked up. It was either be like that or let her mom and life fibers control everything. Though if Satsuki just let Ryuuko charge on and fight Nui at that point in time then Nui would've just flat out killed her, or if she didn't get her attention and put her focus back on Satsuki then Ryuuko would've just died when Senketsu went out of control.

Puruzi

Banned
Even Satsuki realized the way she tried to manipulate people in the beginning was fucked up. It was either be like that or let her mom and life fibers control everything. Though if Satsuki just let Ryuuko charge on and fight Nui at that point in time then Nui would've just flat out killed her, or if she didn't get her attention and put her focus back on Satsuki then Ryuuko would've just died when Senketsu went out of control.
Which is why I said until the character development. Anyway, I'm talking about the begining, not all the way up to 11/12. Also, even though Nui was gonna kill Ryuuko, Satsuki was going to try to too, soo

Which is why I said until the character development. Anyway, I'm talking about the begining, not all the way up to 11/12. Also, even though Nui was gonna kill Ryuuko, Satsuki was going to try to too, soo
I actually think if Satsuki wanted to kill Ryuuko she would've. Also in the beginning when they were going through how she met the 4 devas I found it to be pretty interesting. I found her to be strict, but I never saw her as being actually evil to any of them. When Ryuuko beat him Satsuki could've just let him kill himself, but that's after the beginning though. I honestly just think of her as Agito Makishima, just more toned down.

Puruzi

Banned
I actually think if Satsuki wanted to kill Ryuuko she would've. Also in the beginning when they were going through how she met the 4 devas I found it to be pretty interesting. I found her to be strict, but I never saw her as being actually evil to any of them. When Ryuuko beat him Satsuki could've just let him kill himself, but that's after the beginning though. I honestly just think of her as Agito Makishima, just more toned down.
I was talking about when Ryuuko went full psycho, Satsuki was going to try to end her before Mako swooped in. Satsuki was fine to the Devas, but I care about Ryuuko more than them, and she definitely didn't treat Ryuuko right. I liked her more after 22, but that's just 2 episodes before the finale. I Like almost every other character in the show before her aside from Tsumugu, Inumuta, and Houhoumaru.

I was talking about when Ryuuko went full psycho, Satsuki was going to try to end her before Mako swooped in. Satsuki was fine to the Devas, but I care about Ryuuko more than them, and she definitely didn't treat Ryuuko right. I liked her more after 22, but that's just 2 episodes before the finale. I Like almost every other character in the show before her aside from Tsumugu, Inumuta, and Houhoumaru.
Yeah at that moment Satsuki didn't seem to think there was a way of snapping her out of her blood lust. I do agree that Satsuki never really tried to treat Ryuuko like an actual person, just as a tool, but she was trying to plan a war on her crazy ass mom and company. She just saw a goal and nothing really other than that. In all honesty she didn't even seem to think about much other than stopping her mom, which was why she was so weird in the OVA. I personally wished the OVA was just her Ryuuko and Mako hanging out and actually trying to be a sister to Ryuuko, but nobody would've bought that I guess.

Puruzi

Banned
I was hoping for SOL OVA too, but I'm happy with what we got. The scissors coming back from space and the whole scene following was hype.
I honestly thought the OVA was going to be an Episode about Mako's "date" with Ryuuko/The credits scene for the last episode, would've been pretty neat.

TUSR

Banned
I was hoping for SOL OVA too, but I'm happy with what we got. The scissors coming back from space and the whole scene following was hype.
I honestly thought the OVA was going to be an Episode about Mako's "date" with Ryuuko/The credits scene for the last episode, would've been pretty neat.

scissors of longinus

Yeah it showed the growth of the characters, I honestly wanted more after it though, but I tend to be like that with a lot of shows. Especially when the characters actually change, I want to see more of them with their changed personalities, because it could actually be quite fun. Satsuki, Mako and Ryuuko really just needed to eat some ice cream together.

Puruzi

Banned
Yeah it showed the growth of the characters, I honestly wanted more after it though, but I tend to be like that with a lot of shows. Especially when the characters actually change, I want to see more of them with their changed personalities, because it could actually be quite fun. Satsuki, Mako and Ryuuko really just needed to eat some ice cream together.
Yeah, it would have been great. I need more scenes like Ryuuko struggling to call Satsuki sister. It was adorable

Yeah, it would have been great. I need more scenes like Ryuuko struggling to call Satsuki sister. It was adorable
Oddly enough Satsuki came around to the idea of them being sisters a lot faster than Ryuuko did. I think one of my favorite moments was Satsuki running to catch Ryuuko and almost tripping over herself while screaming at the top of her lungs.

TUSR

Banned
Oddly enough Satsuki came around to the idea of them being sisters a lot faster than Ryuuko did. I think one of my favorite moments was Satsuki running to catch Ryuuko and almost tripping over herself while screaming at the top of her lungs.

Which was improvised by the VA.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Makes sense. Satsuki's entire motivation was mostly based on avenging her sister. She just learns that she didn't die.

Makes sense. Satsuki's entire motivation was mostly based on avenging her sister. She just learns that she didn't die.
Yeah I know that. I think it helped give her something to live for, though in the OVA, she really just did not know why she existed. I'm pretty sure she ends up being a cool big sis, we'll just never see it.

Just finished the show last night. Didn't know what to expect after hearing mixed opinions on it but I really LOVE this anime. My favorite characters: Satsuki, Mako and Ira.

The sound track to this anime is also god tier. Def get some Persona vibe from it.

Got one question and has potential spoilers
Why was Satsuki and Ryuko's mom being all touchy touchy with them? Part was uber weird to me.

Just finished the show last night. Didn't know what to expect after hearing mixed opinions on it but I really LOVE this anime. My favorite characters: Satsuki, Mako and Ira.

The sound track to this anime is also god tier. Def get some Persona vibe from it.

Got one question and has potential spoilers
Why was Satsuki and Ryuko's mom being all touchy touchy with them? Part was uber weird to me.
She was cleansing their unpure bodies.
just to make you feel uncomfortable.

Finished this recently and enjoyed it so much. So many great moments and characters!

And i kinda look like the Nudist's leader so i could cosplay him for the lulz.

Top Bottom