• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

javac

An update for people who are intrested in the rest of the KLK UK Blu-ray set:

Good news first - we've got the dates pushed up! So right now our release format is as below:

KLK Part 2
Contains: Eps 10-19 (I've checked the discs, they are labeled correctly too - shock, horror!)
Extras on disc: Web previews, clean opening, clean closings.
Tentative physical contents: 216 page artbook (containing the books from Volumes 2 & 3) and collector's packaging.

SRP: £59.99 for BD | £49.99 for DVD (same as Part 1)
Release date: Tentatively March 2nd, pending approvals which are underway now.

KLK Part 3
Contains: Eps 20-25
Extras on disc: Web previews, clean opening, clean closings.
Tentative physical contents: Artbook, 3 Goku Star pins and collector's packaging.

SRP: £49.99 for BD | £39.99 for DVD
Release date: Tentatively May 25th, pre-sales at MCM Expo.

--------

Now for the bad news: It's very clear that the committee will not allow even 12-13 episodes in a set in 2015 with no obvious release date one would be OK in.

We have two choices at this stage - one is to just wait it out until mystery date we can (I'd guess late 2016 is optimistic). The alternative that I am pitching is:

• 3 sets, BD & DVD separate
  • £24.99 SRP for BD, £19.99 SRP for DVD
  • Likely Amazon price for all 3 sets would be £49.99 - £54.99 for BD, £39.99 - £49.99 for DVD.
  • Released over: June, August, October

No documentary disc or Soundtrack.

javac

I was hoping for the soundtrack :( Also I don't understand the 2nd part of that quote.

The end bit? Basically they were planing to release a cheaper release that got rid of all the limited stuff like the packaging etc for people who didn't want to spend all that money on the series but the committee won't let them cram the whole show into a small set this year, so they could wait until next year or go for a 3 part set like they have now, but just cheaper without all the fancy stuff (packaging, book etc) during June, August and October this year.

Vito

Banned
Big Hero 6 crossover fanart

B6lt5csCUAEfvoH.png:orig

Thoraxes

This is one of those moments where I wish Funimation got the rights to it. At least the box sets would be timely and affordable.

But they'd have sub-par quality. I'd much rather pay premium for perfectly handled JP masters from AoA than a Funimation-tarnished home video release.

Just finished watching this for the second time and still enjoyed the fuck out of it. Anybody trying to watch this seriously like it's Cowboy Bebop was watching it wrong.

Volume 3 came out last month. It's up to Episode 14. Volume 4 releases in February containing 15-19.
Oh ok thanks for the correction. I was basing it off of a stream site. Maybe I should check again for an update or maybe they're just really behind.
I'm due for a re-watch myself.
It held up quite well and on the rewatch Mako and Ryuko's relationship was portrayed well. It didn't even feel like a from left field reveal.

Rainy

Banned
So I originally watched the show when it was airing but dropped it around episode 9 because I just couldn't get into it. One of my good friends watched the whole series later and loves it, so she persuaded me to give it another shot.

I did and it was pretty enjoyable. I think I was trying to take it too seriously before but this time I just sat back and enjoyed the ride. The animation was cool most of the time, the music was good, story was predictable but not bad.

Pretty good though! (Jesus why are the BDs so expensive lol)

Giolon

So the English dub will be airing on Toonami starting Feb. 7

Wow, I didn't expect that to happen due to the near-constant near-nudity of this show. It's an awesome development though. Well deserved. Now hopefully it will get more exposure (pun slightly intended).

Wow, I didn't expect that to happen due to the near-constant near-nudity of this show. It's an awesome development though. Well deserved. Now hopefully it will get more exposure (pun slightly intended).
Freezing has nudity, KLK just has boobs with shaved off nipples and some butt action. After like 5 eps you pretty much just unsee it.

Akiller

So the English dub will be airing on Toonami starting Feb. 7

I just saw the thread for that news, it seems a lot people don't appreciate it xD

Oh man you guys are so lucky, i wish at least BDs were released here where i live but i guess i'll have to wait a little longer.

Fantastic! If you guys plan to watch the show on Toonami, consider joining us in the ToonamiGAF thread every Saturday/Sunday night where we post live along with the shows. It's a fun way to group watch! :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=962605

Just remember, don't post spoilers! We have a lot of ToonamiGAF watchers who haven't seen KLK before.

Wow! Really?!

I was expecting them to air it after Gurren Lagann.

Giolon

For anyone interested, Satuski's figma is finally up for pre-order:
VciONrr.jpg
ffpP5YL.jpg
vZXI1VJ.jpg
ZIFWuW6.jpg
Al33oV5.jpg
CT1ddeT.jpg

GSC shop exclusive: Bakuzan Gako and Bakuzan Kouryu
6KGcp0W.jpg

On a completely separate note, my friend picked up a KLK advertisement poster from Akihabara back in November, and I had it framed up like a theatrical poster:

Ennosuke

I just finished the show. This was really good!

I nearly dropped it after the first episode. Because I didn't like the artdesign, the pervy looks, over the top characters and so on. But after a few episodes I really got used to it and began having a different perspective on what the show wants to be.

Okay this incest lesbian scene was a little bit too much. But as I said I had a lot of fun. Especially the music was awesome.

I just finished the show. This was really good!

I nearly dropped it after the first episode. Because I didn't like the artdesign, the pervy looks, over the top characters and so on. But after a few episodes I really got used to it and began having a different perspective on what the show wants to be.

Okay this incest lesbian scene was a little bit too much. But as I said I had a lot of fun. Especially the music was awesome.
Ragyou is like the worst anime mom ever. Imagine if her and Gendo Ikari hooked up.

Top Bottom