• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

So you reached "that" part xD Lots of people coulndn't stand that part and i don't think i can blame them too much for it. Also,imho part of Ragyo's role is making things a bit disturbing.
Not everybody has the stomach for "Purification."
Just finished it. I loved the first half but the whole Ragyo vs. Nudist Beach stuff was tiring and stupid.
I feel the best part of that half is Satsuki's character growth. That half did try to be too serious though.

New shirt get.

img_00298fudf.jpg

img_0033wnu1y.jpg

img_0035mcun4.jpg

javac

I don't like that box at all, but maybe I'm biased because I've gone on a Anime Limited boycott of sorts...if that's a thing.

javac

Is it because they can't seem to put out a single release on time and without QA issues?

Its not even the timeliness as much as its the QA stuff, the Limited Edition Gurren Lagann release physically pissed me off. The whole of Gurren Lagann including the movies and Parallel works for around £70? Nice! Apart from the packaging which was absolute garbage. My digipak tray fell off as soon as I opened it, they sent me a replacement which came crushed. Same with the Limited Edition Patema release which I was an early bird for on Kickstarter. Nice one lads. Anime releases in the UK are a joke, I go and order non English friendly stuff from Japan and even that's less headache. Shit doesn't even come in English and I still feel better off with the purchase!

lonely

Its not even the timeliness as much as its the QA stuff, the Limited Edition Gurren Lagann release physically pissed me off. The whole of Gurren Lagann including the movies and Parallel works for around £70? Nice! Apart from the packaging which was absolute garbage. My digipak tray fell off as soon as I opened it, they sent me a replacement which came crushed. Same with the Limited Edition Patema release which I was an early bird for on Kickstarter. Nice one lads. Anime releases in the UK are a joke, I go and order non English friendly stuff from Japan and even that's less headache. Shit doesn't even come in English and I still feel better off with the purchase!

I've has exactly the same problems as you. Gurren Lagann broke after a few weeks, the trays in my Patema Inverted Ultimate Edition were cracked. What pissed me off most about that was I planned my day around the kickstarter launch and rushed to make sure I could get one of the few posters an then a few days later they added 100 extra places to the tier! I haven't even tried to go near their Durarara release and why do they have to seemingly have to have the UK rights to multiple Gundam shows. I even went to Comic Con on short notice so I could get KlK early and they messed up the dub and haven't said anything about replacements yet. I'll enjoy my imports!

javac

I've has exactly the same problems as you. Gurren Lagann broke after a few weeks, the trays in my Patema Inverted Ultimate Edition were cracked. What pissed me off most about that was I planned my day around the kickstarter launch and rushed to make sure I could get one of the few posters an then a few days later they added 100 extra places to the tier! I haven't even tried to go near their Durarara release and why do they have to seemingly have to have the UK rights to multiple Gundam shows. I even went to Comic Con on short notice so I could get KlK early and they messed up the dub and haven't said anything about replacements yet. I'll enjoy my imports!

Yeah it's super annoying. Packaging wise KLK was the one that wasn't a complete shambles, but like you said the dub was out of sync on the first batch of releases and the release was hardsubbed if I remember, which sucks. I actually got the first release of KLK but no more for me. Man what a shame, because the rest of the UK distributors are bad too *shakes head*

I hate Aniplex so much after seeing this. I haven't bothered purchasing any sets past the first at this point in time.

I am almost done collecting them. I need the last one, I bought the regular version of the first set....not really bothered to rebuy it just to have all the limited ones..

bobawesome

I am almost done collecting them. I need the last one, I bought the regular version of the first set....not really bothered to rebuy it just to have all the limited ones..

After buying that last set it'll slowly eat away at you until you have to have it.

I initially really wanted to get all the limited edition sets so I could get the bonuses offered by USA Animate but I fell off after the first set and one thing led to another...

Now that I actually have the money to blow I'll probably just save it for that Evangelion blu ray set. If there's anything I love watching more than scantily clad school girls duking it out, it's school-aged girls (this includes Shinji) clad in skin-tight body suits descending into madness and piloting giant robots.

Been watching Kill La Kill each week on Toonami because of the gaf recommendations and wanting to try to get into anime again. Got a little impatient waiting each week to I watched the rest subbed on Netflix. Found it pretty good. Like a lot people I found the transformations a little off putting but by around episode 5 I got used to it. Didn't like how it ended much though with
Ragyo killing herself

muteki

Been watching Kill La Kill each week on Toonami because of the gaf recommendations and wanting to try to get into anime again. Got a little impatient waiting each week to I watched the rest subbed on Netflix. Found it pretty good. Like a lot people I found the transformations a little off putting but by around episode 5 I got used to it. Didn't like how it ended much though with
Ragyo killing herself

I was curious so I checked and Netflix doesn't have the final episode 25. It wasn't aired in the original broadcast and shipped with the last BD I believe.

Not sure what service would have it but you might want to track it down.

Well, put it in this way,
Ragyo changing her mind after Ryuko's words and joining the good guys would have been really awful imo, i'm glad she chose to kill herself rather than doing that.

It's more of I wanted
Ryuko to slice her head off or something. Same with Nui.

Giolon

The last US Blu-Ray for KLK finally came out.

What does blowing $300 on KLK look like?

Overall, I'm happy to finally have it all, including the documentaries (which are like watching real life Shirobako), soundtrack CDs, the cleaned up animation, and the fantastic Episode 25 OVA. The English dub, while not perfect, is really high quality and I think an equally enjoyable way to watch the show since it lets you focus on the animation (more like lack of animation, amirite? Ok that was my bone-toss for the haters) and there are very few truly poor performances.

I would've much preferred a lower price point, but it is what it is. I could've saved $100 by forgoing all the documentaries and extra materials, but KLK is the one show that I really want to have everything I can for.

Giolon

LOL oh man I hope it happens. JP might have a breakdown.

In other KLK related things, I commissioned a pic of Ragyo from Reiq at Fanime :

Veelk

Banned
...well then

Actually I kinda feel like Berserk would lend itself to a game slightly better than KLK.
A game, maybe. A Platinum game? All KLK. With Berserk, there is some goddamn crazy action, but it's...relatively more grounded than in most Plat games. Plus they have to deal with super depressing shit with Berserk, and Platinum has always been a very upbeat studio. Plat are great, berserk is great, but I don't think they'd mix together well. FROM needs to develop a Berserk game, while KLK would suit platinum PERFECTLY.

I'd prefer a Kill la Kill action game to a fighting one. I also think it'd be easier to make. For a Kill la Kill fighting game I'd want almost every elite 4 regalia with its own move set. That'd be 12 characters right there (ignoring Sangeyama's first outfit as it's basically the same as his second).

bobawesome

LOL oh man I hope it happens. JP might have a breakdown.

In other KLK related things, I commissioned a pic of Ragyo from Reiq at Fanime :

I haven't been here in quite some time and I've missed this. Oh dear lord, Ragyo looking as majestic as always.

Top Bottom