• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Puruzi

Banned
I actually like her and most of the dub. The one that doesn't measure up is dub Satsuki.
Senketsu is a bit shit too.

Oh yeah, Senkets
u
. His voice is pretty bad.
I just don't like Ryuuko's because it feels like the voice actor is trying way to hard to make her sound edgy.

Oh yeah, Senkets
u
. His voice is pretty bad.
I just don't like Ryuuko's because it feels like the voice actor is trying way to hard to make her sound edgy.
Given how Ryuko is it's fiting. She's nothing but an unrefined punk so it made sense to me. Besides she's pretty funny, but I know what you mean. She's not dubbed revy believable.

TP

RAH Sukajan ver. arrived today

Ya5wWVX.jpg

my heart...

jM8kVFD.png

javac

Looks cool, as expected. I ended up canceling mine. Don't worry about the phone pic, it does the job :)

Thought that I'd post a pic of the second (out of three) KLK UK Blu-ray set while I'm here.
Contains: Eps 10-19
Extras on disc: Web previews, clean opening, clean closings.
Tentative physical contents: 216 page artbook (containing the books from Volumes 2 & 3) and collector's packaging.

SRP: £59.99 for BD | £49.99 for DVD (same as Part 1)
Release date: Tentatively March 2nd, pending approvals which are underway now.

Looks great! Still annoyed that Aniplex for some idiotic reason removed the characters from the side of the LE's box here. Very annoying as I find them very cute when you have it on the shelf.

TUSR

Banned
Bah...didn't even read that part. :T
I have a buddy in Japan who is going to be sending me the large art books. Regardless, I wish the NA copies had at least something similar to the UK books.

Have you seen the two art books on Trigger's JP website?

I have a buddy in Japan who is going to be sending me the large art books. Regardless, I wish the NA copies had at least something similar to the UK books.

Have you seen the two art books on Trigger's JP website?

Umm no....I have not. Dammit I hope they are not releasing soon.

*runs off to find out more info*

javac

Yeah the book with set one was nice. I don't read through them tho. I've never looked through books given with movies and games no matter how high quality. Just one of those things I guess.

Also, in case you're wondering, I think this is confirmed as to what will be on the back of the box:
They're asking fans for ideas on the cover for the last set, and are considering making a large box to accommodate all three in the end. Doubt that will happen tho.

Looks cool, as expected. I ended up canceling mine. Don't worry about the phone pic, it does the job :)

Thought that I'd post a pic of the second (out of three) KLK UK Blu-ray set while I'm here.

Contains: Eps 10-19
Extras on disc: Web previews, clean opening, clean closings.
Tentative physical contents: 216 page artbook (containing the books from Volumes 2 & 3) and collector's packaging.

SRP: £59.99 for BD | £49.99 for DVD (same as Part 1)
Release date: Tentatively March 2nd, pending approvals which are underway now.

Got the first one and glad to see this is releasing soon. Hope last part is released quickly. Seen them all on Netflix but need the blurays etc

Satsuki and Mako make the show. If you rewatch it after that the 4 Devas are extra enjoyable.
So far, I'm not sure anyone "makes the show" for me. It's my first anime in god knows how long, and one of the few I've seen subbed and not dubbed, so it's at least enjoyable just for the novelty of it all.

So far, I'm not sure anyone "makes the show" for me. It's my first anime in god knows how long, and one of the few I've seen subbed and not dubbed, so it's at least enjoyable just for the novelty of it all.
Well everybody has a different favorite character. I just really like Satsuki's character growth in the show.

Finally got around to watching it (on Netflix), and I'm glad I did. Really good anime, one of the best out of the few I've watched so far. Ridiculously over the top action, some really funny moments (Mako is awesome) and memorable characters make this one of my favourites. It's a tie between Ryuuko and Satsuki for best girl, they're both just too badass.

Satsuki's character development was really well done, I was really surprised when I found out more about her later on in the show. I really wish that I had followed the show when it was first airing, such a missed opportunity to contribute to all the discussion.

Finally got around to watching it (on Netflix), and I'm glad I did. Really good anime, one of the best out of the few I've watched so far. Ridiculously over the top action, some really funny moments (Mako is awesome) and memorable characters make this one of my favourites. It's a tie between Ryuuko and Satsuki for best girl, they're both just too badass.

Satsuki's character development was really well done, I was really surprised when I found out more about her later on in the show. I really wish that I had followed the show when it was first airing, such a missed opportunity to contribute to all the discussion.
Glad you liked it. Some people act like they're too good for the show.

Akiller

Glad you liked it. Some people act like they're too good for the show.

I think lots of people took the show too seriously, that's way they got pissed off by it, but of course KlK is an anime with a particular over the top style and it's ok if someone doesn't enjoy its excesses.I feel it's kinda like Bayonetta, an awesome action game where a lot of people didn't enjoy it at all because they couldn't get over Bayonetta's behaviour.

I think lots of people took the show too seriously, that's way they got pissed off by it, but of course KlK is an anime with a particular over the top style and it's ok if someone doesn't enjoy its excesses.I feel it's kinda like Bayonetta, an awesome action game where a lot of people didn't enjoy it at all because they couldn't get over Bayonetta's behaviour.
I enjoyed the shit out of both. Sometimes you just have to watch something to have a good time, KLK and Bayonetta are both well done pieces of good time. It took me 3 eps to get into KLK after that I was all in.

The transformation scenes/uniforms are too much for a lot of people. Cheerio.
I laughed my ass off watching the men transform. I honestly didn't think they'd show the full thing, next thing I know I get a face full of man ass. Still didn't stop me from enjoying it. It's not like the fan service is as tasteless as it is in Freezing.

bobawesome

I laughed my ass off watching the men transform. I honestly didn't think they'd show the full thing, next thing I know I get a face full of man ass. Still didn't stop me from enjoying it. It's not like the fan service is as tasteless as it is in Freezing.

That's what I love about Kill la Kill. All skin is fair play.

I don't mind a boob or two in my anime but shows like Freezing and Sekirei can be a bit too much at times.

That's what I love about Kill la Kill. All skin is fair play.

I don't mind a boob or two in my anime but shows like Freezing and Sekirei can be a bit too much at times.
Freezing gave you an ass or titty shot 30 seconds into the show. People act like the people in KLK aren't actual characters. If Satsuki and crew were half ass there wouldn't be that much fan art of her.

Kazzy

I continue to feel a little...ambivalent about my ultimate feelings regarding the series. Yes, I was disappointed with it, but for whatever reason, I can't just simply dismiss it out of hand.

Anywho, my attachment remains, if only for the wealth of cool stuff that comes from its fan-base. Speaking of which, not sure how many people will get the reference, but this is still a cool Kill la Kill x Perfume crossover...

Holy shit at the opening to Episode 16. Awesome wrap up into new, awesome theme song. That was fucking badass.

EDIT: Okay this shit just got real weird...

Top Bottom