• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#killallzombies Coming Soon to PS4

SSReborn

The arena is comprised of hundreds of hexagonal tiles that are capable of totally changing the dynamics of the gameplay by altering the landscape. For example, spawning new obstacles, such as various cars and knives and others; hexagons that cave in on themselves to create dangerous traps; hexagons that rise from the ground to create a blockade that may keep some zombies out, but also keep the player in. And there are many more ever-changing gameplay dynamics.

Social interactivity is a hugely important feature for #killallzombies as we want to deliver the most engaging, socially interactive and fun game in the third-person shooter genre. A central attribute to the social interactivity is involving stream viewers into core gameplay elements via chat and voting mechanics, which allows for people to not only spectate, but also participate during a player’s live broadcasting of #killallzombies via PS4 and Twitch.

There are three ways that spectators can affect the game for the broadcaster:

1. Every 80 seconds, viewers have a choice of two encounter options available to vote on, including encounter spawns, various arena events, timed bonuses, and perks.
2. The perk select screen has its own voting mechanic in which if the player decides to wait and select the spectator’s most voted perk, the player will be offered additional XP and Health.
3. The chat commands are available throughout the broadcast as we are executing chat commands in real time, allowing the spectators to affect on a variety of imperative decisions that can significantly increase or decrease your chance of survival — such as increasing or decreasing your character’s speed or health, spawning more or less enemies, etc.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/08/killallzombies-coming-soon-to-ps4/

Here's a trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ6ssJWnlho

Lock if old

UPDATE:

Hi, zombiekillers!

Let's share with you some cool news. #killallzombies is coming soon to PC and Xbox One.
New look, new perks, new weapons and new commands!

> Vote for us on Steam Greenlight <

Subscribe for more information:

Stay tuned!

CjOoZnpWEAAisUG.jpg:large

Aktion

Neo Member
Sorry about hastag but its so helfpul to track comments and everything.

So I actually need community help - as you can see the game is about streaming interactions and we have secret commands that affect gameplay.
Are there cool NeoGAF only memes that we can add to the game?

SSReborn

So I actually need community help - as you can see the game is about streaming interactions and we have secret commands that affect gameplay.

lol "banned"

#teamCG

Cornbread78

#YAAD
"you are already dead"

screen clearing bomb, lol..

#teamCG
RIP Hitokage

FranXico

#BasedZombies

I like the music in the trailer. I thought the disappearing dead zombie bodies were a little distracting, but maybe it's not when you're actually playing the game.

#killallzombies just shot themselves in the foot...

Cornbread78

You might want to create a seperate thread for this, as you can since you are not misrepresenting yourself. You would get a lot more feedback and options with a dedicated thread. A mod could do it for you as well, the thread title along would get more attention.

mollipen

golydown
All zombies fall asleep for five seconds, giving the player a change to regroup for a moment

feeditpizza
Player is fed a slice of delicious pizza, giving them a small health boost

greenwaves
Green sound waves emit from the player, temporarily disorienting all of the enemies in confusion

lt519

Great idea to bring streamers even closer to their watchers. Just make sure there are enough inputs so it doesn't get repetitive or actually annoying for the player to keep fighting boss after boss.

Edit: blog has more info on "cooldowns" love the idea of changing the players perspective. A killer input command would be to invert their controls or swap their fire buttons..

blackjaw

#buttrain - cboat comes out of the sky spewing truths out of his butt on a train

"Piston Hyundai is a hella cool dude" is pretty much the most popular meme around.

Ironic considering I think memes are as funny as child funerals.

mollipen

Aktion - the $25,000 question. Can I choose my character? Race and gender options?

I am absolutely your target market, but I'll be honest and say that if I don't have character options (especially female option), I won't be playing.

Dragon

Banned
#buttrain - cboat comes out of the sky spewing truths out of his butt on a train

Not sure why this hasn't been done already but

#bishoptl - Samuel L. Jackson's face in Black Snake Moan comes down and puts every zombie in a cage for a minute or something.

Are you a developer on the game? I understand the purpose of the hexagon layout, but it leaves the environment looking really boring. If you could add more stuff in there or even change the textures so it looks like a street or a park or whatever I think it would seem a lot more visually appealing.

Aktion

Neo Member
Great idea to bring streamers even closer to their watchers. Just make sure there are enough inputs so it doesn't get repetitive or actually annoying for the player to keep fighting boss after boss.

Edit: blog has more info on "cooldowns" love the idea of changing the players perspective. A killer input command would be to invert their controls or swap their fire buttons..
Screenflip in plans too.
We love NeoGAF community so im thinking to have some exclusive content as game react on famous memes.
Kinda Twitch's kappa and frankerz.

Takao

Banned

#wherearethevitagames
a horde of angry vitabros demolishes a convention centre

FranXico

banderas - Buffs the player with a score multiplier. Multiple banderas commands from different stream watchers stack up.

Aktion

Neo Member
Are you a developer on the game? I understand the purpose of the hexagon layout, but it leaves the environment looking really boring. If you could add more stuff in there or even change the textures so it looks like a street or a park or whatever I think it would seem a lot more visually appealing.
Yes we are developers. Trust me - when you playing you barely see the environments.

Aktion

Neo Member
Aktion - the $25,000 question. Can I choose my character? Race and gender options?

I am absolutely your target market, but I'll be honest and say that if I don't have character options (especially female option), I won't be playing.
We have Alex and Clair at launch. And secret command to change gender while playing.

mollipen

Seriously?

Absolutely serious. Given my personal gaming time is already impeded by the gaming time I have to do for work, I am very picky with what I support with my money—and I'm done doing so for games that don't encourage player diversity, unless the game can make a damn strong argument as to why it doesn't do so.

It's something I care a lot about. If you don't care about such things, you've every right not to do so.

Yes we are developers. Trust me - when you playing you barely see the environments.

As a note of support on this, I think back to I Made a Game with Zombie in It on Xbox Indies. I can't even tell you exactly what the backgrounds/environments were, but they were very minimal, and that was a good thing. When the game starts getting seriously chaotic, the last thing you want are environmental distractions that can break your concentration.

So, I think what you folks have come up with no doubt makes sense for what you're going for.

the hashtag is actually part of the game's name
reminds me of #driveclub before they wised up
DRIVECLUB never had a hash tag in its name.

It is used, and continues to be used only in marketing.

Seems kinda silly to put hash in a name. Looks kinda neat, kind of title I'd play on Remote Play.

ethomaz

Banned
We already working on Steam version, just can't launch all same day
Thanks for the reply... It is fine :) I was just interested when it will be out in others places.

Edit - I can be talking from my ass but it looks like Dead Nation and I love these type of games.

Hoodbury

That's fine for the player, but you said this game's goal is to be a heavily streamed/watched game. So maybe the people watching will notice the bland environments quite a bit and get tired of watching the same thing.

Top Bottom