• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#killallzombies Coming Soon to PS4

Edit - I can be talking from my ass but it looks like Dead Nation and I love these type of games.

Dead Nation is more of an "Go from point A to Point B" with huge maps, and a sense of progress and exploration. Judging by the trailer, this is more of an arena shooter, arcadey game, like Burn Zombie Burn or Zombie Apocalypse for PS3.

Your post is confusing.

I hope the game does well for the developers' sake, but the public voting and iso view and theme remind me so much of Dead Nation, which also had a story and levels(which appeal to me more).
I guess for zombie lovers this game will be more of their goodness, it does look much more dense zombie-wise than Dead Nation was I suppose.

ethomaz

Banned
Dead Nation is more of an "Go from point A to Point B" with huge maps, and a sense of progress and exploration. Judging by the trailer, this is more of an arena shooter, arcadey game, like Burn Zombie Burn or Zombie Apocalypse for PS3.
Yeap... that is what I got too from the trailer... an arena shooter that resembles the Dead Nation gameplay... that is why I'm interested.

Drencrom

Sorry about hastag but its so helfpul to track comments and everything.

So I actually need community help - as you can see the game is about streaming interactions and we have secret commands that affect gameplay.
Are there cool NeoGAF only memes that we can add to the game?

-30 dollar Italian meal

-NeoGAF plane in the sunset
togt96Ms.jpg

(I dunno how they can be added, but somehow lol)

Anyway, you guys really should focus on differentiating your game more from other top down zombie shooters if you want success. Also, the game looks kinda bland color/artstyle-wise to be honest, make it more interesting looking (graphically and leveldesign-wise).

hydruxo

Seems like it could be fun. Kinda reminds me of Super Smash TV on SNES. The song in that trailer was good too.

Aktion

Neo Member
Seems like it could be fun. Kinda reminds me of Super Smash TV on SNES. The song in that trailer was good too.

I was waiting someone say SmashTV.
Funny that i shown the game to friend, and he mentioned that game but sadly i never played it before. Youtube helped to take a look on it.
Might be good idea to pitch them.

Aktion

Neo Member
-30 dollar Italian meal

-NeoGAF plane in the sunset
togt96Ms.jpg

(I dunno how they can be added, but somehow lol)

Anyway, you guys really should focus on differentiating your game more from other top down zombie shooters if you want success. Also, the game looks kinda bland color/artstyle-wise to be honest, make it more interesting looking (graphically and leveldesign-wise).
Added to the list, thanks for pointing. Dont have any food jokes yet.
Well we changed 3-4 styles for the game. From heavy scifi to green theme but this is one best looking.
I agree, we missing levels and story but this is arena, a crimsonland kind a game (those guys defined the genre).

Withnail

So I actually need community help - as you can see the game is about streaming interactions and we have secret commands that affect gameplay.

'RIP in peace'

Should be fairly easy to find a use for that in a zombie game.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Screenflip in plans too.
We love NeoGAF community so im thinking to have some exclusive content as game react on famous memes.
Kinda Twitch's kappa and frankerz.

Game looks awesome. Love the idea of messing with other players (or someone throwing a randomizing spanner in the works). You got yourself a customer here. Keep up the good work.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Added to the list, thanks for pointing. Dont have any food jokes yet.
Well we changed 3-4 styles for the game. From heavy scifi to green theme but this is one best looking.
I agree, we missing levels and story but this is arena, a crimsonland kind a game (those guys defined the genre).

Is there water that can be under the tiles/low areas that makes everything move slower? Wind/ice to have everything slide all over?

Aktion

Neo Member
Is there water that can be under the tiles/low areas that makes everything move slower? Wind/ice to have everything slide all over?
Good point, ill sent to designer. We might have hexagons marked somehow where player move slower

Occam

Also, why is there so much bright red blood? Aren't the enemies supposed to be corpses? It should be dark, maybe almost black. Unless they all died and became zombies 5 minutes ago.

btkadams

This actually looks like fun to me. Co-op will be a blast. I'd say you should launch with it, but I know nothing about development schedules.

How will the twitch interaction stuff work if you are playing co-op (assuming it's online)? What if you're both broadcasting from your PS4s and have separate groups of people interacting with the game?

LycanXIII

haveyouseenit?
A zombie mech boss spawns.

Game looks fun will definitely get it when it releases, but like others have said the enviorment looks quite bland, spice it up a bit more and add different locations! Just be Colorful and you good to go! Best of luck.

mollipen

Another awful twin stick zombie shooter. When will it end???

Don't play it then.

People are making it sounds like all of these games are similar, when they aren't. This looks nothing like games like Dead Nation, and more along the lines of stuff like the I Made a Game With Zombies In It that I mentioned before.

And, as of now, there's absolutely nothing like that on the PS4.

Occam

'RIP in peace'

That's not really a meme, is it? I always assumed it's mostly just people being uneducated (or possibly intellectually challenged), just like when someone writes "of" instead of "have". Or "it releases" when they really mean "it is released/will be released". Or "could care less" when they mean "couldn't care less".

HardRojo

#shotinthefoot Character speed movement is reduced due to his foot being injured.
#haveyouseenit As someone stated above, a zombie inside a mech spawns.

SerTapTap

That's not really a meme, is it? I always assumed it's mostly just people being uneducated (or possibly intellectually challenged), just like when someone writes "of" instead of "have". Or "it releases" when they really mean "it is released/will be released". Or "could care less" when they mean "couldn't care less".

It's absolutely definitely intentional

sn00zer

Love the hex grid...kinda wish the enemies and main character matched the geometric look of the battleground

driver116

#dealwithit

Lucent

What? Crimsonland is exactly this but with a top down perspective.

Yeah that's the name of it. I was gonna say that. The only real difference (from what I can see) is the social feature. And the graphics don't look like they were made with...whatever that was. I couldn't stomach Crimsonland.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Good point, ill sent to designer. We might have hexagons marked somehow where player move slower

I think with the 3D movement of the hexagons you definitely need more differentiation in them.

Also a vibrate the floor mode centered on the player where everything is very difficult to control, but the zombies stumble as well in a radiating radius. And the secret word should be dropthebass!

Ramenman

there's no way in hell this trailer should wait fooooooooooooooooortyyyyyyyy fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee seconds before actually telling me the only thing about it that I haven't seen a billion times before (ie : the streaming/voting stuff).

Forty five seconds. Mister dev you have no idea how many people will close it after only 10 seconds.

Hell, I'd go as far as to say that the name itself should be based on this mechanic. Right now the title only says "yep, twin stick zombie shooter, another one, don't pay attention to me please !".

This is just hurting yourself.

Also, I think you really need to have some sort of art on the ground. with all hexagons the same, it looks terribly bland, and more like a pre-alpha vid or a test environment for developpers rather than an actual level.

Lucent

there's no way in hell this trailer should wait fooooooooooooooooortyyyyyyyy fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee seconds before actually telling me the only thing about it that I haven't seen a billion times before (ie : the streaming/voting stuff).

Forty five seconds. Mister dev you have no idea how many people will close it after only 10 seconds.

Hell, I'd go as far as to say that the name itself should be based on this mechanic. Right now the title only says "yep, twin stick zombie shooter, another one, don't pay attention to me please !".

This is just hurting yourself.

Also, I think you really need to have some sort of art on the ground. with all hexagons the same, it looks terribly bland, and more like a pre-alpha vid or a test environment for developpers rather than an actual level.

Kinda have to agree with this. It doesn't have to have "omg amazing graphics", but if it's not very appealing to look at, it kinda hurts it. And when you have a game that's based on a concept that's been done as much as this, it kinda has to have something that stands out. And I think it should definitely be fun to play even when you don't have people on twitch typing stuff.

Liberty4all

Banned

Have a reward item called "NeoGAF Gold" that spectators can spawn for the player.

When player gets reward have a boss zombie spawn with Bish's avatar head.

Drencrom

Kinda have to agree with this. It doesn't have to have "omg amazing graphics", but if it's not very appealing to look at, it kinda hurts it. And when you have a game that's based on a concept that's been done as much as this, it kinda has to have something that stands out. And I think it should definitely be fun to play even when you don't have people on twitch typing stuff.

I've been thinking about this whole streaming/typing concept and I think sadly in the end, most people will not have this fun experience when others join the stream and type out all these cool and hidden commands to make the game fun/random/interesting. I fear that a couple of months after release, very few people will go into these chats and barely any players will experience any of these cool features because of it, making the game lose it's selling gimmick.

You guys should have some singleplayer and/or co-op mode you can either choose/write these commands yourself, get them randomly or have a friend writing them for you.

#RiseOfTheKillAllZombies : Genisys

Looks pretty good but that hashtag has got to go

and killallzombies as a command? I wouldn't let that one be used all willy nilly

Aktion

Neo Member
I've been thinking about this whole streaming/typing concept and I think sadly in the end, most people will not have this fun experience when others join the stream and type out all these cool and hidden commands to make the game fun/random/interesting. I fear that a couple of months after release, very few people will go into these chats and barely any players will experience any of these cool features because of it, making the game lose it's selling gimmick.

You guys should have some singleplayer and/or co-op mode you can either choose/write these commands yourself, get them randomly or have a friend writing them for you.
I agree, we make an empasize single player modes and co-op.

Doesn't look too bad. But I was hoping for a new Dead Nation after the first few seconds of the video. A Dead Nation-likish game would attract me more because the concept of #killallzombies could become boring really fast. Hopefully I'm wrong but so far it looks like 'Play it 10 times and you've seen everything'.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
#illstickwithdeadnation

Not sure this is quite different enough from Dead Nation (in a good way) to be interested.

Can you plug in keyboard for second player to type in some command? Could be fun and let the feature alive even if you're not streaming your game.

Edit: now that I think more about this, it could be really interesting like 3 player multiplayer, make 2 sides of player solely for command input, one side trying to help the player while the other side try to kill the player. Give it time limit or something.

mollipen

Doesn't look too bad. But I was hoping for a new Dead Nation after the first few seconds of the video. A Dead Nation-likish game would attract me more because the concept of #killallzombies could become boring really fast. Hopefully I'm wrong but so far it looks like 'Play it 10 times and you've seen everything'.

This looks like it's a score attack game, where it's not about "seeing everything", it's about playing over and over to see how high of a score you can get.

What? Crimsonland is exactly this but with a top down perspective.

Well thank you! I'd never in my life heard of Crimsonland, which makes me ashamed given how close I watch PSN. I'll look into it.

FranXico

legitshook - Earthquake that damages all the zombies, as well as a small amount of damage to the player.

That's my last suggestion.

Top Bottom