• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Out Now on Steam!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So no free version, basically a $40 "game of the year" type of edition with everything included. That's fine I guess

But what is this nonsense?

Q: Will my fight sticks work on Steam?

A: All XInput fight sticks work on Killer Instinct Steam version. Fight sticks that are D-Input are not currently supported by the Steam version, however, will work with the Xbox One and Windows 10 versions. Key note to this. Xbox One sticks will work with the Xbox & Windows version of KI, but not Steam.

CHC

Fuck yeah! Not so much interested in the game itself, more in the trend of migration from Windows 10 Store exclusivity to availability on other platforms.

Zenner

Gamers who purchase the game through Steam now have access to play Killer Instinct and even better, they can also play against players on Xbox One and Windows 10 (and vice versa) for the first time ever.

Awesome. Cross-Platform play! :p

It's not cross-save or Play Anywhere, though.

Chuckl3s

Is this a new Killer Instinct or a port of the Nintendo 64 version?

EDIT: Thanks Danthrax! I just saw the steam page. Looks awesome.

Madness

『Inaba Resident』;250190489 said:
Surprised at no free version

It is the full featured version. Plus remember Steam eats a portion of profits. So of course MS will charge some money.

emiliano

Wow that was unexpected. I always wanted to play this game. Too bad the price is a bit too high for me. Well, at least now I know I'll get it surely in the future.

Cool that w10 store loses an exclusive, but I don't see a XB1 launch game selling well at $40 in 2017. Good luck, they'll need all they can get.

kingbean

So no free version, basically a $40 "game of the year" type of edition with everything included. That's fine I guess

Fuck. I have 5 arcade sticks and they're all d-input.
Razer Panthera, madcatz TES+, Hori RAP4 kuro model, Qanba q1 and Hori Switch. I'll buy it and see if I can get any working. If not i'll refund.

Armaly

A: All XInput fight sticks work on Killer Instinct Steam version. Fight sticks that are D-Input are not currently supported by the Steam version, however, will work with the Xbox One and Windows 10 versions. Key note to this. Xbox One sticks will work with the Xbox & Windows version of KI, but not Steam.

Great

kadotsu

Banned
How new is the store feature to present virtual currency purchases? I've never seen that before on Steam.

On KI. Hope Iron Galaxy finds massive success here. They and Double Helix made the finest western fighting game ever.

Chucker

Cool that w10 store loses an exclusive, but I don't see a XB1 launch game selling well at $40 in 2017. Good luck, they'll need all they can get.

It'll do fine. This game is nowhere near the game that launched 4 years ago. Graphic upgrades, character roster has more than doubled, new modes.
It'll sell better than MvCI has been.

Nabs

Razer Panthera, madcatz TES+, Hori RAP4 kuro model, Qanba q1 and Hori Switch. I'll buy it and see if I can get any working. If not i'll refund.

I think this is a mistake. D-input controllers don't work on W10 version last I checked(or X1 obv), but should have no problem on Steam. You could use Steam Input to translate it even if the game doesn't support.

Would you rather have a 40 dollar priced full game or a fremium game with microtransactions?

Look- If you don't like lootbox based games, then please support the games that continue to release the full package up front. I am going to buy this game, and mention in every review or chance I get that I support developers who give me the entire game up front instead of chopping it into pieces with microtransactions.

40 dollars is not to much for what the are asking. It might not be worth it to you, but please don't drive-by post and say you'd only try it if it was free 2 play.

We all know that F2P games aren't really free. I like F2P, but I also like boxed games. Particularly, For Killer Instinct, it was the right move to make.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
will probably outsell MvCI. I dont even mean that as a jab at Marvel, god knows they had enough of those.

Piccoro

I'm pretty sure you can use a program like JoyToKey to play with your sticks.

The W10 version takes up around 51 GB.

10405398_812417068768736_1984327568672622196_n.jpg

Not sure about that price but I'll definitely put it on the wishlist. Now put up Halo Wars 2, Gears 4 and Forza with full cross-platform play between W10 and steam and you're onto something.

Valanarro

my panthera works just fine with the xinput drivers on the steam version, but not on the Win10 version, so if you download those it should work. cant say for the others though

Top Bottom