• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Out Now on Steam!

Zenner

Do my saves from Xbox and UWP transfer?

No

A: The cross-save and cross-buy features within Xbox Play Anywhere are enabled through the Xbox Live service on Xbox and Windows. However, Steam is a separate network which does not support Xbox Play Anywhere, so cross-saves accessing save game data are not supported.

Leatherface

Just add a launcher inside of Steam? If you already have it on Windows Store w/ DLC then there is no point in this version unless you want to switch back to Win 10

Yeah It's just annoying. If I knew it would ever have a chance of being released on Steam I would have never bought it through that shit service. Live and learn..

This is crossplay with W10 version correct?

I already have it for W10 and would love to have a boost to the online community, rather than it getting split.

Ugh.

Last year I was hyped for the PC version so I updated to Windows 10 and bought the most expensive package. Then I found out that I can't play online somehow using the Windows Store and never touched it again.

Now I want to transfer my purchase to the steam store :/

Is there a way?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
This is crossplay with W10 version correct?

I already have it for W10 and would love to have a boost to the online community, rather than it getting split.

It sort of is:

FAQ said:
Cross-Network play is limited to Exhibition, Lobby mode, and Shadow Lords MP, however, you cannot invite friends to compete in Exhibition if they are not on the same platform. The easiest workaround for this is to create a lobby, name it with specific parameters, and have players search for that lobby.

Killer Instinct today, is not the same game that launched on the Xbone. Not even close.

$40 is too much for any 4 year old game. I don't care how many patches or characters it got. Especially in this market today where there's so much quality to choose from and AAA games can be found for sub-$40 on preorders.

I guess let's give it a month or two and revisit this thread with Steamspy facts.

Sydle

Ugh.

Last year I was hyped for the PC version so I updated to Windows 10 and bought the most expensive package. Then I found out that I can't play online somehow using the Windows Store and never touched it again.

Now I want to transfer my purchase to the steam store :/

Is there a way?

Why couldn't you go online with the W10 store version?

MrMephistoX

Nice...does cross-buy work if you own it on Xbone? That would be pretty generous but somehow I doubt MS wants folks bypassing windows store when it's already working there.

Nabs

If the game doesn't support dinput (I'd be surprised if it didn't), you can add your controller to Steam by going into BPM > Options > Controller Settings > Enable Generic Configuration Support

It'll look like this:

mGlfhok.png

You can then edit your game config however you'd like by either right clicking the game in Steam and choosing "Edit Steam Controller Config" or in BPM by finding the game and clicking on Manage Game.

Nice...does cross-buy work if you own it on Xbone? That would be pretty generous but somehow I doubt MS wants folks bypassing windows store when it's already working there.

If you own it on Xbone then you can play it the W10 version without having to buying it again.

But the Steam ecosphere is different, and there's no cross-buy with it.

If the game doesn't support dinput (I'd be surprised if it didn't), you can add your controller to Steam by going into BPM > Options > Controller Settings > Enable Generic Configuration Support

It'll look like this:

mGlfhok.png

You can then edit your game config however you'd like by either right clicking the game in Steam and choosing "Edit Steam Controller Config" or in BPM by finding the game and clicking on Manage Game.

Does this introduce any input lag?

Piccoro

It's not cross buy on Steam. It's cross-buy on XBox One -> Windows 10.

But it is cross play on all 3 platforms.

$40 is too much for any 4 year old game. I don't care how many patches or characters it got. Especially in this market today where there's so much quality to choose from and AAA games can be found for sub-$40 on preorders.

I guess let's give it a month or two and revisit this thread with Steamspy facts.

You won't get an argument from me about PC game prices, as I rarely buy any game from Steam for more than $10. My only beef was labeling KI an xbone launch game, when the current product is not a launch game. And not just the addition of characters, levels and visual updates. The game is different.

Steam mark up = Nintendo Switch mark up

Sydle

It appeared a weird message, I don't remember but I was pissed because I could play anything online except that game.

You may want to give it another shot. A lot of Win10 store issues have been fixed. It's still not perfect, but the issue you ran into may have been resolved.

Zenner

It appeared a weird message, I don't remember but I was pissed because I could play anything online except that game.

Have you tried resetting your PC's Teredo address? There are videos on YouTube to walk through the very short steps you need to do in the CMD window. This solved all my WIN10 online game connection problems (FH3, KI, Riptide, HaloWars) in one swoop.

kingbean

I'm pretty sure you can use a program like JoyToKey to play with your sticks.

I did that for SFV back when I had to. So I guess I could again. Just would prefer not too.

I think this is a mistake. D-input controllers don't work on W10 version last I checked(or X1 obv), but should have no problem on Steam. You could use Steam Input to translate it even if the game doesn't support.

Ya know, I've never gotten that to work properly. I still have to use ds4windows to get my ds4 to work in dark souls. I haven't tried it in a while though. All I do is run it in big picture mode once then set it up for individual games, right?

my panthera works just fine with the xinput drivers on the steam version, but not on the Win10 version, so if you download those it should work. cant say for the others though

Hmm? There is an x-input driver for the panthera? I'll have to Google that up and give that a shot.

Thanks for the replies, folks.

It'll look like this:

mGlfhok.png

Awesome. Thanks.

Wait, so this version doesn't have crossplay with X1?
Cross-Network play is limited to Exhibition, Lobby mode, and Shadow Lords MP, however, you cannot invite friends to compete in Exhibition if they are not on the same platform. The easiest workaround for this is to create a lobby, name it with specific parameters, and have players search for that lobby.

Ranked mode is only between Steam players but other modes can be played with all platforms.

Doukou

Can I find a list of the value?

I'll make a list
29 characters
Most have 3 accessory sets(with multiple colors) along with a retro costume with 3 accessories.
Arguably the best tutorial in a fighting game
Arcade mode for S1 characters
Story-Arcade hybrid mode for S2 characters
Shadow Lords: A xcom lite mode where you chose a team of three and over multiple playthroughs unlock items/Guardians(special buffs) and lore/backstory
20 unique stages(along with one shadow copy and training stage)
Each character has a unique theme you can select on any stage
Arguably the best online stability in a fighting game
Exhibition mode
Lobbies
Rank mode
A shadow Lab mode where you create an AI character based off recordings of your gameplay. People can challenge it and you can challenge anyone's shadow you want
Survival and Shadow survival mode
Online shadow lords mode where you can battle with all the broken stuff from Shadow Lords
Training mode

Would you rather have a 40 dollar priced full game or a fremium game with microtransactions?

Look- If you don't like lootbox based games, then please support the games that continue to release the full package up front. I am going to buy this game, and mention in every review or chance I get that I support developers who give me the entire game up front instead of chopping it into pieces with microtransactions.

40 dollars is not to much for what the are asking. It might not be worth it to you, but please don't drive-by post and say you'd only try it if it was free 2 play.

We all know that F2P games aren't really free. I like F2P, but I also like boxed games. Particularly, For Killer Instinct, it was the right move to make.
Amen!

Top Bottom